• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 17/18 - Matchday 18

Preacher

Always Crying
Hypothetically speaking, in what positions Arsenal and City would be now, if Pep would be Arsenal manager, Wenger - City's ?

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
But tbf you didn't answer my question. Just gave me a Pep talk. :lol:

Ah right, yes, to answer your impeccable question: I don't have the figures to hand, but we can all agree transfer fees have inflated massively in recent years. Have this City spent more in relative terms than other teams previously?

What's more, what's the right amount of money to spend, in moral terms, to win the league and not be accused of buying the title? Do you have to spend as little as Leicester did? What's the right figure?

Even if City have spent more in actual and in relative terms than anyone else ever has before, you still have to outline an argument for why that mitigates their achievements on the pitch, which you haven't done.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
Says a lot. But nobody will pick up on here.

Lots of posts laughing at us last week because Leicester beat Southampton away, when we could only draw. But Leicester lost 3-0 at home to Crystal Palace today. Chelsea just managing a 1-0 win at home to Southampton. That's how football goes. Few posters seem to understand the patterns or just football in general.:lol:

This season has been an absolute madhouse to be fair. Feels like we have two or three major upsets every weekend.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Bournemouth winning today would be grand, but the next round is really important. We play Liverpool and all our rivals play away from home, Sp**s at Burnley.

The 2nd half of our season looks fairly kind fixture-wise, a good Xmas period could set us up well for that. Saying that, our play is pretty sodden right now, so I wouldn't bet yesterday's dinner on us doing the business.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
Celtic 3-0 down at Hearts. Looks like that run is coming to an end
4-0!

TBH I can't take them seriously though - They've done nothing of note outside of Scotland - had some incredibly embarrassing results in Europe but they'll be in the record books.

Mind you, what a way to lose your "invincible" status.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
If it wasn't for Pep & his boys Mourinho would be winning the league this season & this UTD. side isn't even that great.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
They are scoring so often with their first shot on goal. Arsenal and Liverpool needs about 5 for one goal.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm prepared to be committed to the club at least until we go into the new stadium. For me, it’s important that the club goes in there and that I make sure the team are at a very good level. After that, whether it’s me or someone else, the club will be able to compete at the highest level. But for me to run away now would not be fair.

Arsène Wenger after extending his contract on 2004
Top Bottom