• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 17/18 - Matchday 18

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
That is how league tables works.
Not if you take care of your own business which we often fail to do.

If we're saying that we need them to do us a favour to stay in the top 4 then maybe we should have taken care of business at either Southampton or West Ham....

or Watford or Stoke or............

We've lived as Arsenal fans in recent times hoping some other team does us a favour in pursuit of whatever goals we're trying to achieve. The underlying fact is that whenever our own fate has been in our own hands we've managed to fluff our lines thus we end up needing someone to do us a favour.

If we're saying that we need them to do us a favour to stay in the top 4 then maybe we should have taken care of business at either Southampton or West Ham....

We've lived as Arsenal fans in recent times hoping some other team does us a favour in pursuit of whatever goals we're trying to achieve. The underlying fact is that whenever our own fate has been in our own hands we've managed to fluff our lines thus we end up needing someone to do us a favour.

Bastard Arsenal. Win all games or I kill u!

We are 2nd tier team. We lose games and we hope teams around us lose games. Thats how table works for us!

redanddread

Bastard Arsenal. Win all games or I kill u!

We are 2nd tier team. We lose games and we hope teams around us lose games. Thats how table works for us!
Give you a prime example of what I'm trying to say so that it can be clear to you. Last season we have Watford at home prior to facing League leaders Chelsea in a game that could decide where the title goes - what do we do, lose to Watford at home thus we're into the "need someone to do us a favour" territory once again.

If we just took care of our own business then we'd be in a much better place to take advantage of our rivals slip ups. How many times have we seen our rivals slip up only for us not to take advantage. It's all the same thing, take care of your own business first - something which we have have been consistent at failing to do.

Try and understand what I'm saying..ok.

And bring something more to the table rather than the inane argument you've just put forward. I do not expect Arsenal to win every game (smh). I do however expect us to win games against teams that we should be beating and putting in good performances against the rest.

Give you a prime example of what I'm trying to say so that it can be clear to you. Last season we have Watford at home prior to facing League leaders Chelsea in a game that could decide where the title goes - what do we do, lose to Watford at home thus we're into the "need someone to do us a favour" territory once again.

If we just took care of our own business then we'd be in a much better place to take advantage of our rivals slip ups. How many times have we seen our rivals slip up only for us not to take advantage. It's all the same thing, take care of your own business first - something which we have have been consistent at failing to do.

Try and understand what I'm saying..ok.

Ah so simple. We need to win all our games! Then it doesn't matter what other teams do! Thank you for making me understand! Wonder if Wenger has figured this all out! :rolleyes::D

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵

Even if we'd won all those games, WBA getting a result from United would still be doing us a favour...

redanddread

Even if we'd won all those games, WBA getting a result from United would still be doing us a favour...
I understand that but the flip side to my argument is if Arsenal could just take care of their own business then we wouldn't be in a constant state of needing another team to do us a favour.

If we're hoping that WBA can help us get closer to a possible 2nd place we're having a laugh really because i do not believe that we'd take advantage of that favour even if they were to have won (unlikely now) &that's just based on what I've seen over the last few years.

I understand that but the flip side to my argument is if Arsenal could just take care of their own business then we wouldn't be in a constant state of needing another team to do us a favour.

Well we can't. That is my point. We just can't at the moment. So we hope other lose points and when we finally click after new year we still have shot at top4.

redanddread

Well we can't. That is my point. We just can't at the moment. So we hope other lose points and when we finally click after new year we still have shot at top4.

Ok then...

Top 4 would be nice but tbh couldn't really give a toss unless it means that Arsène would hand a CL place to the next manager. I'm tired of this cycle of disappointment where we're constantly in a state of needing help from other teams to achieve a decent league position.

Funnily enough we had a chance ourselves just recently to get closer to UTD..........hmmm, what did we do? Not only shoot ourselves in the foot, blew both feet right off 10 mins into the game. Now we're hoping WBA do us a favour..........do me a favour!

Ok then...

Top 4 would be nice but tbh couldn't really give a toss unless it means that Arséne would hand a CL place to the next manager. I'm tired of this cycle of disappointment where we're constantly in a state of needing help from other teams to achieve a decent league position.

Funnily enough we had a chance ourselves just recently to get closer to UTD..........hmmm, what did we do? Not only shoot ourselves in the foot, blew both feet right off 10 mins into the game. Now we're hoping WBA do us a favour..........do me a favour!

Yes we hope WBA does us a favor because we shoot ourselves in the foot! That is the way of 2nd tiers team! Exactly! Endless disappointment!

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
You're right but I wouldn't get too caught up on the actual term "favour". A WBA win/draw would be good for City as well but you wouldn't class them as needing help or a favour as such. Your rivals dropping points is a positive thing in any context.
If we're hoping that WBA can help us get closer to a possible 2nd place we're having a laugh really because i do not believe that we'd take advantage of that favour even if they were to have won (unlikely now) &that's just based on what I've seen over the last few years.
But other than last season, we have taken advantage of so called favours from other teams to finish above the likes of Sp**s and Liverpool in recent years.

redanddread

Pardiola actually had a pretty decent home record against Jose. This West Brom side have been **** this season.......as bad as it might seem at times at Arsenal we should all thank a higher being for not being born a West Brom fan.

Arsenal Quotes

I think I lost my hair flicking the ball on for all them years at the near post from Brian Marwood's corners

Steve Bould
Top Bottom