• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Do you want us to sign him?

• Yes

Votes: 174 80.9%
  • No

Votes: 18 8.4%
  • Maybe

Votes: 23 10.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BBF

People were moaning because City had an elite striker in Aguero and still tried to sign PEA while we were getting rejected by Vardy. And nobody is really saying PEA isn't good enough, just that he's not so good that it's worth paying £60m for a striker when this team can't get the best out of one we paid £50m for in the summer. Especially because Wenger is unlikely to switch to two up front, £110m on two strikers with one shifted out of position on the wing doesn't sound like a sound investment.

/Thread

BBF

To be fair: Aubameyang always gets in good positions in the box, surely because of his speed. That's why he often scores easy goals like tap ins or headers.

He has got the speed advantage, surely he could make some nice runs for the passes of Özil, Wilshere and maybe Xhaka.

Lacazette barely gets any touches as it stands. At Dortmund, Aubameyang has fullbacks and wingers sending in balls all day whilst we have Iwobi and Welbeck knocking the ball into the side netting on a cross.

Preacher

Always Crying
With all the news I have missed this bit:

According to a report in Sportbild, Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger could offer Olivier Giroud as part of a deal to sign Aubameyang from Dortmund this winter.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Can we get a poll going in this thread to gauge the forum's pleasure or displeasure of signing Aubameyang (that is if it's indeed happening)? I'd be interested in seeing how everyone feels about it, since there seems to be a lot of mixed feelings.

al-Ustaadh

All of this is dependent on Alexis. We have to see what we can get out of United first (and whether City comes in, thus starting a bidding war).

Edit: I think Allardyce's comments from earlier are revealing in themself. He said that he hopes to get the Walcott deal done this week or next, i.e. this Alexis drama could drag out just as long.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
All of this is dependent on Alexis. We have to see what we can get out of United first (and whether City comes in, thus starting a bidding war).

Edit: I think Allardyce's comments from earlier are revealing in themself. He said that he hopes to get the Walcott deal done this week or next, i.e. this Alexis drama could drag out just as long.
Nah Alexis deal will be done this week i guess it won't take long Manutd will pay cash no players included and we hope to get Malcom and Auba to replace him and theo this is looks like it.

Aevi

Hale End FC
He is an upgrade on Lacazette, but I only want him if we then move Lacazette on and reinvest that money. Otherwise there is no point, unless Wenger wants to play two up front.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Lacazette barely gets any touches as it stands. At Dortmund, Aubameyang has fullbacks and wingers sending in balls all day whilst we have Iwobi and Welbeck knocking the ball into the side netting on a cross.

So there's really no use in Arsenal going for anybody but Messi then.

Look, if you get a player like this you can always add other players you need. Plus, I'm pretty sure that Özil and Wilshere can get him the ball. One of the things Arsenal has been lacking a lot in recent years is presence in the box. Too often there just aren't enough guys in there. So if Aubameyang and Lacazette can both get in there, they should be able to find a fair amount of goals. And both Iwobi and Welbeck will mostly be on the bench when everyone else is healthy.

GearOnToast

Look, if you get a player like this you can always add other players you need. Plus, I'm pretty sure that Özil and Wilshere can get him the ball. One of the things Arsenal has been lacking a lot in recent years is presence in the box. Too often there just aren't enough guys in there. So if Aubameyang and Lacazette can both get in there, they should be able to find a fair amount of goals. And both Iwobi and Welbeck will mostly be on the bench when everyone else is healthy.
If we signed Messi, people would complain he's 30.

BBF

So I can't ask for attackers who can move with a football and send in proper crosses without asking for messi now? Ok :lol:

Because Wilshere is an assist machine who's going to be starting most of our games yeah? Oh, and Özil will actually be here come next season when we finish 6th?

al-Ustaadh

He is an upgrade on Lacazette, but I only want him if we then move Lacazette on and reinvest that money. Otherwise there is no point, unless Wenger wants to play two up front.

Lacazette and Aubameyang makes me think of how we used Eduardo and Adebayor. I think that's what Wenger is going for here. They can rotate with each other or play together. We need a goal late, depending on who we're playing, bring one of them on, etc.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
Lacazette and Aubameyang makes me think of how we used Eduardo and Adebayor. I think that's what Wenger is going for here. They can rotate with each other or play together. We need a goal late, depending on who we're playing, bring one of them on, etc.

110m is a lot of money to spend on a striker rotation when you have so many glaring issues in the rest of your squad.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Spent years watching Lacazette while Giroud failed upfront only to finally make him our club record signing at 50m, but Wenger is looking to sign another starting CF 4 months later, said second striker also was always available during that time, yet neither CF play on the wing and on paper the two dont look like ideal partners for a pair upfront... somehow people are championing this potential move?

Are there links of Lacazette being moved on that I dont know about? If so fair play, but this screams of shocking mismanagement if this goes through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsene Who?

Headlines of English media when Arsène was announced as new manager of Arsenal in 1996

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Benjamin Šeško will cost €65m this summer [Sky Sports Germany]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom