• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Do you want us to sign him?

• Yes

Votes: 174 80.9%
  • No

Votes: 18 8.4%
  • Maybe

Votes: 23 10.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Still seems unlikely but I like the idea of it simply because one of my biggest fears is Wenger is making we worry that we won't be able to attract good players if we fall any further.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

This is a statement signing as well. Arsenal lose Alexis, what do they do? Sign Aubameyang and Malcom.

That’s some top quality business, forget how much you hate the board etc, you can’t do much better than that as a sixth place javelin team.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
A basic statistical look.

2018%2f1%2femerrr15.jpg

Aevi

Hale End FC
Lacazette - Aubameyang
Özil - - - - - - - Malcom
Wilshere - *New Def. Mid*
Kola - *New CB* - Mustafi - Bellerin
*New GK*
This is what I envision if we indeed sign Auba and Malcom (our two main targets) and manage to keep Özil. The narrow 4-2-2-2 formation is one of the few that I think can fit all these players, provided we also address the other holes in our squad that I labelled above.

logic DC

as long as his signing does not get in the way of malcom, I say get him. not his biggest fan by the way bt you can't take away what he's done at BVB.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
This is a statement signing as well. Arsenal lose Alexis, what do they do? Sign Aubameyang and Malcom.

i agree about that spending 110M euros in transfer window is something we never have done specially in winter window but if you count that we'll end up spending about 45M on Malcom and Auba after the money we'll get from Alexis Coqulien and Walcott

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Signing a big money goal machine is the most arousing thing in the word.

Fully erect just thinking about this about being blue balled by Giroud for the last half decade.

Mate how bad are blue balls?!

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️

That’s some top quality business, forget how much you hate the board etc, you can’t do much better than that as a sixth place javelin team.

Don't forget Mkhitaryan as well (don't think he has a choice in the matter; this is his out).

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
Honestly, I don't get your point. If we were to continue with Giroud, Welbeck, and Walcott, while spending 110m on the midfield and defense, then you'd complain about how we need better attacking options.

We may have other glaring holes in the squad, but you can't fill all of them at any one time. If you do try to do that, then you usually end up with a lot of garbage, e.g. Everton and Tottenham post-Bale (unless you have the financial prowess like City, Chelsea, PSG, etc., then there's no limitation).

It might just be me, but quality depth and rotation is just as important as the idea of a quality starting XI (have to consider injuries, form, etc.).

I definitely agree with the bolded part, I just don't think there's much point in signing another CF right now. January's a difficult enough month to business in and we have more pressing needs that need addressing first.

Our current strikers barely get the ball as it is, and if by some miracle we do get the lead in a game we usually chuck it away within five minutes. Auba won't solve either of those problems.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
I definitely agree with the bolded part, I just don't think there's much point in signing another CF right now. January's a difficult enough month to business in and we have more pressing needs that need addressing first.

Our current strikers barely get the ball as it is, and if by some miracle we do get the lead in a game we usually chuck it away within five minutes. Auba won't solve either of those problems.

There's also Malcom and Mkhitaryan, not just Aubameyang. (it seems to me Mkhitaryan will be part of the Alexis deal, even if he's not "enthralled" by us; he doesn't have much of a choice, as we're his only out).

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Fan base seems split on what the issue is with the team. Half think the attack is blunt with the zero movement, and this would address that. The other blames it on the midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

"Maybe we'll have a good surprise for you"

Arsène hints at transfer activity a day before the arrival of Mesut Özil
Top Bottom