• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Do you want us to sign him?

• Yes

Votes: 174 80.9%
  • No

Votes: 18 8.4%
  • Maybe

Votes: 23 10.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Why are people refusing to consider the possibility (I’d argue probability), that we’d buy Aubameyang to play alongside Lacazette up front?

Makes sense no?
People aren't refusing it, but it'd then be unbalanced to also have Özil and Malcom in the squad. So either the former then leaves, or the latter is a pointless signing. It's just silly.

say yes

forum master baiter
Spent years watching Lacazette while Giroud failed upfront only to finally make him our club record signing at 50m, but Wenger is looking to sign another starting CF 4 months later, said second striker also was always available during that time, yet neither CF play on the wing and on paper the two dont look like ideal partners for a pair upfront... somehow people are championing this potential move?

On the contrary I’d argue that they look like a very good partnership on paper.

Lacazette links intelligently but lacks the pace to get in behind. Aubameyang is probably the best CF at getting in behind in the game.

Imagine the havoc they would cause in the opposition box :drool:

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

He is an upgrade on Lacazette, but I only want him if we then move Lacazette on and reinvest that money. Otherwise there is no point, unless Wenger wants to play two up front.
That's my thoughts as well. We may move to a 3412 and accommodate them both but ideally we accept it hasn't worked out with Lacazette and let him move on.

say yes

forum master baiter
People aren't refusing it, but it'd then be unbalanced to also have Özil and Malcom in the squad. So either the former then leaves, or the latter is a pointless signing. It's just silly.

Well let’s cross that bridge when we come to it? I’d be surprised if we kept Özil, let alone kept him and signed Aubameyang and signed Malcom.

Even if we did manage that, 4 top attackers is hardly overkill in this day and age. Look at Real, Bayern, Barca, Liverpool (pre-Coutinho leaving). City have about 7 quality options, and they’re still trying to sign Sanchez ffs.

Might just be me but ‘having too much offensive talent’ isn’t high on my list of problems at Arsenal right now.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
So I can't ask for attackers who can move with a football and send in proper crosses without asking for messi now? Ok :lol:

Because Wilshere is an assist machine who's going to be starting most of our games yeah? Oh, and Özil will actually be here come next season when we finish 6th?

It didn't sound as though you were asking for anything. It sounded like a reason not to acquire Aubameyang and that Arsenal needed to get somebody who could do it all by themselves. As I noted, you can get him if he's available and then get the guys you need.

As for Jack, he may very well start most of the games if he remains healthy. And Özil could very well be around next year. If not, then somebody else will be out there. Just get somebody who can do the job.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Well let’s cross that bridge when we come to it? I’d be surprised if we kept Özil, let alone kept him and signed Aubameyang and signed Malcom.

Even if we did manage that, 4 top attackers is hardly overkill in this day and age. Look at Real, Bayern, Barca, Liverpool (pre-Coutinho leaving). City have about 7 quality options, and they’re still trying to sign Sanchez ffs.

Might just be me but ‘having too much offensive talent’ isn’t high on my list of problems at Arsenal right now.
That's fair. I'd just be surprised if we moved to a two-striker system at a time when wingers are the top teams' best players.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Lacazette played some pre-season games as one of the 2 attackers behind a main striker, maybe Wenger will go back to that.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Anything that pushes Iwobi and Welbeck down the pecking order should be celebrated. I’d have Nketiah and Nelson over those two.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
110m is a lot of money to spend on a striker rotation when you have so many glaring issues in the rest of your squad.

Honestly, I don't get your point. If we were to continue with Giroud, Welbeck, and Walcott, while spending 110m on the midfield and defense, then you'd complain about how we need better attacking options.

We may have other glaring holes in the squad, but you can't fill all of them at any one time. If you do try to do that, then you usually end up with a lot of garbage, e.g. Everton and Tottenham post-Bale (unless you have the financial prowess like City, Chelsea, PSG, etc., then there's no limitation).

It might just be me, but quality depth and rotation is just as important as the idea of a quality starting XI (have to consider injuries, form, etc.).

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Anything that pushes Iwobi and Welbeck down the pecking order should be celebrated. I’d have Nketiah and Nelson over those two.

Welbeck I agree with but not Iwobi. He's still young and learning. I think his development would be faster if he was playing with better players, personally. Also, it's hard to be a young player thrown into this mess - trying to learn and develop in an atmosphere where there's no confidence or hope?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I cannot classify the moments of happiness and of sadness, but every defeat is a scar in your heart that you never forget.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom