• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jack Wilshere: Where to now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Our salaries are usually all over the place, didn’t we offer Iwobi 50k a week after doing next to nothing? Mustsfi also came in and was given a bigger contract than Koscienly.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
They're hardly ever all fit at the same time, but how exactly would Özil, Wilshere and Ramsey all play together? Midfield diamond? Wilshere-Ramsey-Özil midfield in a 3-5-2? I don't know, but I'd like to see it.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
--------------------- Cech
------- Koscielny - Mustafi - Monreal
Bellerin - Ramsey - Özil - Wilshere(c) - Kolasinac
------------ Lacazette - Aubameyang

That'd be kinda fun!

Jojoba

That's fair. I'd probably put Özil and Wilshere above the pack myself. Don't think there's much between a player like Giroud and Ramsey, at least on recent form. Still think Ramsey is better, but if you asked me to take one of Wilshere and Ramsey (injuries aside) for West Ham, it'd be Wilshere in a heartbeat.

Bit worrying that a player who used to be "one of many good players" so to speak is now clearly one of the best, given his development hasn't really been what it should be because of injuries etc. Feels a bit like you've shaved down the top without raising the floor. Wilshere has basically become a top player for you guys because the better players left, not because he improved to the point where he got there organically.

Players like Ramsey, Wilshere, Bellerin etc. are a huge reason why I find the prospect of you getting a new manager so exciting, especially Ramsey. If World Cup Ramsey is the default Ramsey you'd get in a new system? Imagine that.
Do you think an injury free Wilshere wouldn’t start in CM for most of the current Top 4 teams?

Longy

Wilshere is our Captain !
Give it too him now, the time is now !

Jack is twice the player of Ramsey, a team should be built aroud Jack and Özil.

Do it.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Do you think an injury free Wilshere wouldn’t start in CM for most of the current Top 4 teams?

Maybe. Most teams play 3 midfielders so he'd probably sneak in, but he wouldn't be their best CM in my opinion, which is probably what you'd have to be for me to call you a top player.

There's certainly a good amount of midfielders I'd put above him with certainty. Silva, De Bruyne, Pogba, Eriksen, Alli, Hazard (plays a lot of AM these days), Kante etc.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Wenger praising our captain, contract seems close... :drool:

I see him here because he is an Arsenal man,” Wenger said. “He was here at the age of 10 and I believe as well he’s not only been here for a long time but he has some leadership qualities. He has a football brain. He is completely focused on Arsenal.

“The fact that he has been away and come back makes him realise as well that life here is not so bad maybe. That is something that is important that he can be one of the leaders in the future.

“He is much more patient and mature now. Before his desire to play was the only thing that mattered. Today he can analyse better. Is he fit or not fit? What is he to do? He has a lot of prevention to do and he does that religiously now. Before he was a bit more, My body can take that’ like we all are when we are 20 years old.”

“Who would question his love and commitment for the club,
” Wenger added. “Nobody. We have to find an agreement that makes him happy and the wish that in the future he remains fit.

Longy

Captain Jack does it again.

The years of standing by you copping constant abuse is paying off.

He is Arsenal.

Sorry Aaron, you need to get comfortable on the bench, you are a long way from this ability.
Your a nice bloke though.

Long live Jack, our real captain.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He had a great games today. The only criticism is that he lost the ball too much at times. I never thought I'd see this level of performance from him again. Super stuff.

Longy

It will be interesting when Ramsey becomes available ???
He is Wengers pet player so will find a spot in the team no doubt.

Wilshere is now showing what we've been missing for so long while Ramsey was in there.
Will he play Ramsey with Jack, surely he wouldn't bring in Ramsey instead of Jack ?

I much prefer the stability of CM without Ramsey, I'd move him back to the right but with Mikhi and PEA coming in on top of Özil, he's gonna find it harder with all these proper ballers.

Will Wenger bend for his pet ?
Will Ramsey stick around with his contract up next season ?

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Sorry Aaron, you need to get comfortable on the bench, you are a long way from this ability.
Your a nice bloke though.

Long live Jack, our real captain.

Don't be sleeping on Rambo man....

You'll injure him.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Jack was (almost) as good as Mesut, they link up very well together. Lovely stuff.

Jojoba

Maybe. Most teams play 3 midfielders so he'd probably sneak in, but he wouldn't be their best CM in my opinion, which is probably what you'd have to be for me to call you a top player.

There's certainly a good amount of midfielders I'd put above him with certainty. Silva, De Bruyne, Pogba, Eriksen, Alli, Hazard (plays a lot of AM these days), Kante etc.
You just put a hell lot of Attacking Midfielders, a DM and all that. I am talking about a real CM like Cesc, Henderson, Dembele, Pogba, Herrera etc.. I see a lot of players that play further up etc. Pogba i can agree. KDB plays a roaming jack of all trades (he is a monster).

Last edited:

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Not at his best tonight, in fact I thought he was quite poor overall. Take him out the side for a game or two?

He's played a lot recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom