• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jack Wilshere: Where to now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I can understand not increasing it and having add ons based on games played (staying fit) etc but to offer him less than his current wage is an absolute disgrace, especially when players wages are generally still rising in the PL. Per & Cazorla were both given 1 year extensions when it was clear they wouldn't be involved much if at all.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Very good news. After Özil, he's our best player and he's an Arsenal man through and through.

I'd like to welcome him to this forum to have a say about squad cost when he retires. Make him a mod immediately.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Very good news. After Özil, he's our best player and he's an Arsenal man through and through.

I'd like to welcome him to this forum to have a say about squad cost when he retires. Make him a mod immediately.

I initially scoffed at this, but you might be right. Incredible that a player you loaned out to Bournemouth at the age of 25 is now a top 3 players for you. It's like half part Cinderella story, half part transfer atrocity.

IslingtonBornandbred

I initially scoffed at this, but you might be right. Incredible that a player you loaned out to Bournemouth at the age of 25 is now a top 3 players for you. It's like half part Cinderella story, half part transfer atrocity.

I think the loan to Bournemouth is looked at differently depending on what you've read/heard and what you think. I think it was Jack who basically said I want to play every week is that going to happen and Wenger couldn't promise so he let him go on loan. I think had he stayed at that moment, he expected what happened this season to happen i.e sit on the bench until someone gets injured.

It's just been very convenient that Ramsey got injured because had he not, Wilshere wouldn't have played as much and may have been looking to leave. Wenger's been quite indifferent to players leaving recently....He would have let Wilshere, Giroud and Elneny go in the summer but he's also happy to keep them. It's quite strange because you usually want them or you don't.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Özil, Ramsey and Wilshere are the three actual top class players in our team once Alexis goes. It's still amazing that we've rarely had them on the pitch together.

You think both Ramsey and Wilshere are "top class"? I personally think there's a massive step down from Özil to those two. Might even put Wilshere in a tier above Ramsey as well.

Actually hard to judge because I feel like it's only Ramsey's poor finishing that even makes the discussion relevant. If he bangs in half of the great chances he creates with his movement every season, there'd be no debate.

I'm not sure Wilshere is top class. Technically brilliant but his movement on the pitch at both ends can be lacking at times. Good player though for sure, but I guess it depends on how you define top class.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

You think both Ramsey and Wilshere are "top class"? I personally think there's a massive step down from Özil to those two. Might even put Wilshere in a tier above Ramsey as well.

Actually hard to judge because I feel like it's only Ramsey's poor finishing that even makes the discussion relevant. If he bangs in half of the great chances he creates with his movement every season, there'd be no debate.

I'm not sure Wilshere is top class. Technically brilliant but his movement on the pitch at both ends can be lacking at times. Good player though for sure, but I guess it depends on how you define top class.

I think both have always had potential but both have had similar problems in regards to fitness and stuff like that. Maybe "top class" is a bit much but Wilshere and Ramsey are certainly two guys with tons of ability and when are in top form are absolutely devastating. The two of them along with Özil are far ahead of everyone else in squad for me, everyone else is either still quite young, past it or just hasn't really shown enough for me and there's the crowd who I'm still relatively undecided about like Kolasinac, Xhaka and Lacazette. Özil is undoubtedly THE standout though.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
I think both have always had potential but both have had similar problems in regards to fitness and stuff like that. Maybe "top class" is a bit much but Wilshere and Ramsey are certainly two guys with tons of ability and when are in top form are absolutely devastating. The two of them along with Özil are far ahead of everyone else in squad for me, everyone else is either still quite young, past it or just hasn't really shown enough for me and there's the crowd who I'm still relatively undecided about like Kolasinac, Xhaka and Lacazette. Özil is undoubtedly THE standout though.

That's fair. I'd probably put Özil and Wilshere above the pack myself. Don't think there's much between a player like Giroud and Ramsey, at least on recent form. Still think Ramsey is better, but if you asked me to take one of Wilshere and Ramsey (injuries aside) for West Ham, it'd be Wilshere in a heartbeat.

Bit worrying that a player who used to be "one of many good players" so to speak is now clearly one of the best, given his development hasn't really been what it should be because of injuries etc. Feels a bit like you've shaved down the top without raising the floor. Wilshere has basically become a top player for you guys because the better players left, not because he improved to the point where he got there organically.

Players like Ramsey, Wilshere, Bellerin etc. are a huge reason why I find the prospect of you getting a new manager so exciting, especially Ramsey. If World Cup Ramsey is the default Ramsey you'd get in a new system? Imagine that.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member

More atrocity than Cinderella. He's one of the few who can actually control a ball. Özil, Wilshere, Cazorla. Then you get to the technical level of a brick wall.

pikey2000

Jack's definitely up there after Özil in terms of technique and creativity, Rambo isn't on the same level in terms of technical ball skills or creativity, I think he's a solid all rounder with good work rate but I don't see anything elite in him, especially when he isn't scoring.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
This is great news if true. Probably gets big appearance bonus every time he plays to top up his salary

Make Jack or Ramsey captain next season.

Happy he’s extended.

I think Wilshere should be captain but reassuring to know Ramsey isn’t scared to beat up players that fall out of line

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Happy he's extended, but there was never any doubt about it truth be told. He'll have to lead us through the post Sanchez-Özil era.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom