• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Swansea City v Arsenal | January 30, 2018 19:45 GMT

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
I'm sure one year we had Kos and Per we conceded the least amount of goals in the league.
Koscielny had his best years next to Per. Not just him, even Gabriel/Holding played very well next to him.

A rash defender needs a calming influence, especially in a system that leaves defenders so exposed.

shootxhakashoot

Özil lives rent-free in my head
Yeah from 1998 to as late as 2008 we played fast incisive football. What you see Liverpool do now, we did... and more.

Pep’s tika taka revolution was probably the worst thing that happened to this club

exactly and that went out of the window with Fabregas for us but we just carried on playing like the band on Titanic! It doesnt work for us as we dont have the personnel. f**k possession stats, just f**k them. 74% to Swanseas 26% tonight going by the beeb and we lost 3-1 to the team that was bottom until they met our likely lads at the back. I mean WTF it clearly isnt working to score us goals, the defence shouldnt be under pressure with that sort of dominance so what the hell gives....???

MNUS

Dont know how any of you are surprised anymore, got deadwood from top to bottom. Just look at what has happened to Laca in less than 4 months, he doesn't care anymore. Tells you all you need to know about the inside of this club.

Defence cant defend, Midfield cant pass and Wenger has sold 5 of our top 6 goal scorers from last year with Özil pissing off in the summer. Sigh.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
Does steve bould get involved with the defensive coaching or is he there to just hold wengers umbrella?

He's only there to be punched and pinched by Wenger. I do not think he has a say on anything including which brand of knickers should Wenger buy for his mistress.

Marmaduke

Well ... we did shift Theo, Ox, and a few others at least. Frees up space now... if not new transfers at least the kids can get in.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
How can we go from the best defensive stats in the league 2015/16 to the worst, in just two seasons? It's impossible. 3 of the players are the same ffs.

It's because panic has set in.

Santi's Left Foot

No Longer Sleeping in Theo's bed
it was 100% Monreal

he never wins equal challanges, he snaps up easy ones so his stats looks good. if he thinks he may may he passes the buck even if they will be left in a worse position

I didn't watch the game but I think Monreal has been one of better players, he scored again too ha.

I think the form of Mustafi, Kos and Bellerin is more worrying at this point.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
You reckon tiki taka specifically was the reason for the departure (as in Wenger actively pursued it)? I figured it just happened naturally as some legendary players left.

He actively perused it, trying to emulate Barcelona. This changed us from being an effective team in England who was struggling in Europe, to the complete opposite... struggling in England to a quarter/semi final contender in Europe.

This change in style made us much easier to beat because our game slowed down and we became predictable when put in specific situations. All that has changed is that our technical players have gotten worse. Now we are slower and don’t have the technical ability as well.

Our only hope now is to get back to an eleven that is as technical as possible and play faster football

Emmanueleboue2

He actively perused it, trying to emulate Barcelona. This changed us from being an effective team in England who was struggling in Europe, to the complete opposite... struggling in England to a quarter/semi final contender in Europe.

This change in style made us much easier to beat because our game slowed down and we became predictable when put in specific situations. All that has changed is that our technical players have gotten worse. Now we are slower and don’t have the technical ability as well.

Our only hope now is to get back to an eleven that is as technical as possible and play faster football

The problem is we have **** players .

OSBK

Established Member
Players were awful tonight, but most blame goes onto wenger. Not rocket science that swansea would play that way, he made no adjustments.

One bright spark was mhky, he looked bright and always went forward. Wengers excuse for not starting him was poor, would rather 60mins starting than 30mins chasing.

Laca looks lost in our team. He started the season so well and now looks like he is struggling to gel. Its such a shame, hoping mhky and auba can get him going again.

Mustafi and kos were shocking. If you watch cechs blunder it pans to mustafi's face and he loos like a man beaten. Wenger has to see that mustafi needs taken out the team for abit, leaving him in is ****.

Iwobi,ramsey,xhaka dont deserve my words right now.

marting

time to calm down a bit, guys - we've gone through an unsettling couple of weeks and it can get to people, even overpaid footballers

we need to go all out for the Europa, and as a back up make sure of 6th place, and put money and effort into regrouping for the next season

Deluded pal, this is not people needing to calm down. This is every season for the best part of 10 years. This club has gone so far backwards. We “regroup” at the end of every season and make signings (sometimes) not designed to fix our problems then go into the season expecting different results. Regroup at the end of the season.....or just have the whole alexis thing again with Özil and jack.... or wait until next jan and have the same problem with the 7 odd players who are down to 18months (Ramsey, Cech, welbeck etc).

AVENTUS

I honestly fail to see how he stays next year with Arsenal finishing 7th in the League, and finishing the season trophyless.

This matchday last year we had a GD of 12 one year later it’s 24 with the exact same defence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A fan and a supporter behaves in different ways and what we have experienced in the last two games is pretty unique and is related to our history

Mikel Arteta

Latest posts

Top Bottom