• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Swansea City v Arsenal | January 30, 2018 19:45 GMT

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
Yeah, except I'd still have Cech in. Ospina is erratic, I never really trust him.

I don't trust Ospina either but at some point you have to make a statement and say enough is enough.

Keeping him in the side when he makes mistake after mistake before having a laugh about it with the opposition sends out the wrong message. Symptomatic of the laissez-faire attitude that is plaguing this club.

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
My stream died at the 85th minute. A couple of minutes later saw that the score was 3-1 for Swansea. Didn’t even bother after that and came straight to AM to checkout the reaction.

A pattern I have noticed, whenever NBC app doesn’t show Arsenal’s games and I have to resort to free online streams, Arsenal never seem to win. So I guess no more streams for me. If NBC doesn’t wanna show Arsenal’s games I won't get bothered.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
And they beat us by silly mistakes. They were well organised and if our players had a bit of professionalism about them... We would have won that 1-0. They did not play us off the pitch.

Swansea didn't play particularly well, they simply capitalised on our mistakes. I will definitely give them credit for that.

Mate mistakes are not fluke especially with us. That means they forced us to make those errors which again was not a fluke but came by design.

They clearly had a game plan and they executed it to perfection.

For example in their 2nd goal: Monreal did not need to let that ball go out for a throw (WTF was the point? even Wenger was furious with him) as he had all the time in the world to clear it.

All he did was invite pressure and allow Swansea midfielders to push higher up the pitch to squeeze us, and then he throws it to Mustafi who had Swansea players around him, and the idiot falls sleep on the ball and starts daydreaming. Dyer was inches away from nicking it from him hence the dodgy ball to Cech. That's stupidity on our part but smart from them.

Yes, Swansea did not play well, but they did play well enough to beat us on merit. We did not deserve anything out of that game.

sammy89

Yeah from 1998 to as late as 2008 we played fast incisive football. What you see Liverpool do now, we did... and more.

Pep’s tika taka revolution was probably the worst thing that happened to this club
It wasn't Pep who was to blame. Wenger's obsession with tiki taka started when the devil whispered in his ear to replace Prime Vieira with an 18 year old Fabregas in '05

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Mate mistakes are not fluke especially with us. That means they forced us to make those errors which again was not a fluke but came by design.

They clearly had a game plan and they executed it to perfection.

For example in their 2nd goal: Monreal did not need to let that ball go out for a throw (WTF was the point? even Wenger was furious with him) as he had all the time in the world to clear it.

All he did was invite pressure and allow Swansea midfielders to push higher up the pitch to squeeze us, and then he throws it to Mustafi who had Swansea players around him, and the idiot falls sleep on the ball and starts daydreaming. Dyer was inches away from nicking it from him hence the dodgy ball to Cech. That's stupidity on our part but smart from them.

Yes, Swansea did not play well, but they did play well enough to beat us on merit. We did not deserve anything out of that game.
This business about playing well. If you win a game against a much bigger team 3-1, you've played well. Pretty, it was not. But they did what they had to do and we didn't. Until they scored the second goal a draw would have been the fairest result but after that we were pretty clueless.

LG10

Monreal got decimated by dyer (who usually lives up to his name) all match. The cult status this guy has among the fans is strange. Been a good player for us but he's nothing special.

Did xhaka have a solid holding mid behind him in germany allowing him some relative freedom to distribute/create (even at super slow pace)? Has wenger copped it sufficiently for straddling xhaka with holding AND distributing?!

Why not just put chambers in front of the back 3/4 (like we did a few seasons ago) for the rest of the season & see how he goes? Can't be worse.

Please can everyone realise that Ramsey is no longer a central midfielder???!!! I cannot stand this player and his horrible attitude. If he has to play, surely it can only be in the front 3 on the right or as a 2nd striker so he has ZERO defensive responsibilities. Anyone who rates guy anywhere near jack is clueless.

Oh... and greedy wenger out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It works. I am just waiting until everyone has copied it, then I shall come up with something new.

Herbert Chapman on the famous WM formation
Top Bottom