• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Swansea City v Arsenal | January 30, 2018 19:45 GMT

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

So glad this game wasn't on TV.

Let me give you the rational Arsène. Playing away from home is different from playing at home. Yes the fundamental are the same, rectangle grass pitch, 22 men, 1 ref etc but the atmosphere, the dimensions, crowd pressure, not being use to bumps, different slickness in the pitch all these variables and more make away from home different. And until you recognise that there is a difference then there will always be problems.

IslingtonBornandbred

Let me give you the rational Arséne. Playing away from home is different from playing at home. Yes the fundamental are the same, rectangle grass pitch, 22 men, 1 ref etc but the atmosphere, the dimensions, crowd pressure, not being use to bumps, different slickness in the pitch all these variables and more make away from home different. And until you recognise that there is a difference then there will always be problems.

But because of the Liverpool game and the way they played, we had to "produce a total offensive performance". Yeah, just forget about the other stuff. They'll just roll over for us Arsène.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka

Iwobi and Bellerin have been dogshite too.
I was fuming when I saw that Mkhi was coming on for Elneny and not Iwobi.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
there is more difficult games to come away from home we just lost and deservedly so against relegation teams we'll have to depend on our home form to finish the season in top 6 at least lol.

Mad_Coko

Let me give you the rational Arséne. Playing away from home is different from playing at home. Yes the fundamental are the same, rectangle grass pitch, 22 men, 1 ref etc but the atmosphere, the dimensions, crowd pressure, not being use to bumps, different slickness in the pitch all these variables and more make away from home different. And until you recognise that there is a difference then there will always be problems.
Yes, the air preasure is different too, and also the gravitational force is stronger in the northern part of England.

Linson

Well... That was awful.

One of those days, nothing seemed to work, no one gelled.

Biggest worry for us is that this will be the final straw for Özil. Wenger needs to stop ruining good players careers by playing them out of position all the bloody time. Özil is one of the worlds best attacking midfielders. HE. IS. NOT. A. WINGER.

I've been saying this for years now.

We need to go back to two up top and have some genuine wingers. This summer is going to be a very interesting one, we'll need a revolving door with the number of guys that need to be moved on and those that need to be moved in...

shootxhakashoot

Özil lives rent-free in my head
He actively perused it, trying to emulate Barcelona. This changed us from being an effective team in England who was struggling in Europe, to the complete opposite... struggling in England to a quarter/semi final contender in Europe.

This change in style made us much easier to beat because our game slowed down and we became predictable when put in specific situations. All that has changed is that our technical players have gotten worse. Now we are slower and don’t have the technical ability as well.

Our only hope now is to get back to an eleven that is as technical as possible and play faster football

The problem is we have **** players .

I dont think any of these players are that s**t, all of them at one time or another have done good things for us and most of them are internationals. The manager has disappeared up his own backside with this copying Barcelona and the "Arsenal way" boll***s and its just working against us is all. Im sick of it.
Just wish Wenger would remember what made him successful but is too far gone now I think.
Its all in the tempo, when we are forced by better quality opposition to play at a higher tempo (a normal game of English football) like against Chelsea, Sp**s the players seem to forget this passing sideways s**t and use the ball, just doing what is natural to them then. Everything is laboured and forced, teams know we are going to hog possession and play this way and they can a** f**k our defence almost at will. Seems our defenders know it too and are s**tting their pants everytime they step on the pitch.
I cant imagine its actually enjoyable playing for Arsenal at the moment (I wouldnt want to play that way passing the ball sideways forever and ever just to make some stat quota, but then there is the money swapping hands). Doesnt help fans getting on the players back but its a bloody shambles and what do you do as a fan...?

Mo Britain

Doom Monger

I don't remember Mustafi having any other options to pass to (I could be wrong though).
If he hadn't turned to face goal-wards, and we keep abusing pass-backs and have done so for years, he would have had enough time to hoof it forward.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I dont think any of these players are that s**t, all of them at one time or another have done good things for us and most of them are internationals. The manager has disappeared up his own backside with this copying Barcelona and the "Arsenal way" boll***s and its just working against us is all. Im sick of it.
Just wish Wenger would remember what made him successful but is too far gone now I think.
Its all in the tempo, when we are forced by better quality opposition to play at a higher tempo (a normal game of English football) like against Chelsea, Sp**s the players seem to forget this passing sideways s**t and use the ball, just doing what is natural to them then. Everything is laboured and forced, teams know we are going to hog possession and play this way and they can a** f**k our defence almost at will. Seems our defenders know it too and are s**tting their pants everytime they step on the pitch.
I cant imagine its actually enjoyable playing for Arsenal at the moment (I wouldnt want to play that way passing the ball sideways forever and ever just to make some stat quota, but then there is the money swapping hands). Doesnt help fans getting on the players back but its a bloody shambles and what do you do as a fan...?
I don't think any of our players are s**t, but they are playing s**t football together. Much as I respect him I am not even sure what Wenger is trying to do now. When he had all those midgety midfielders we played possession football and short, swift passes - downside is we were bullied by big physical teams - but I am not sure what Plan A is now, let alone Plan B.

shootxhakashoot

Özil lives rent-free in my head
I don't think any of our players are s**t, but they are playing s**t football together. Much as I respect him I am not even sure what Wenger is trying to do now. When he had all those midgety midfielders we played possession football and short, swift passes - downside is we were bullied by big physical teams - but I am not sure what Plan A is now, let alone Plan B.

Teams dont even need to bully us now, its not even about that any more or being dodgy on crosses. They can just sit back very deep whilst we pass it aimlessly sideways over and over again trying to thread the ball through to non existent runs. Just wait for the mistake or misplaced pass in the middle of the pitch (or on the edge of the 18 yard line) and bam. It doesnt take Pulis style nastiness to pull it off really does it so why risk a sending off!!

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
What an absolute joke of a display this was! You could brush it off and say that Swansea wanted it more because of their position in the table, which is true to a degree, but there's more to it.
This team looked disinterested throughout the whole game and felt like it was a friendly for them.
Since Swansea defended in large numbers and there was no real space to maneuver, all that was left was that fu**ing sideways passing I've been seeing for the past decade that is toothless and more predictable than a Marvel movie.

Cech- Since this guy came at Arsenal he's been a mixed bag, but that's to be expected considering the defence that's in front of him. Even Buffon or De Gea would look like clowns every now and then in this team.
What's Lehmann's job at the club? Spank that damn helmet off his head every now and then to get his concentration at 100%

Bellerin- This guy couldn't cross the street on his own, let alone cross the ball in the box. I've seen him time and again pass the ball backwards instead of crossing or taking the responsibility of taking on his opponent. It's only fitting that he let his hair grow considering he's such a pu**y.

Koscielny- The only one in defense who was decent.

Mustafi- Another mixed bag of a player. Sometimes he puts in good displays and other times commits absolute howlers. He's got the habit of heading or passing the ball in dangerous positions and makes him feel like he's the 12th player of your opponent.

Monreal- Usually a rock solid leftback who can cross and score, but tonight, aside from that goal, his errors led to Swansea scoring twice to kill them off.
Why the hell would he let the ball cross the line for a throw in when he could have easily pass it to a teammate and continue playing? This way he invited the Swansea players to press the defense and pass it to Mustafi, who being the mole that he is, gave it to Petr.
Then there was that howler of a clearance that led to Ayew marauding on the right flank to put the game to bed.

Elneny- Had a crucial tackle in the first half and played relatively well all things considered, which is why I was surprised that he was taken off for Miki.

Xhaka- I can't stand this guy and hope he's sold for whatever they can get for him in the summer. He's slow, has mediocre technique and can barely pick a pass, let alone tackle.
I just don't see the point of buying him when he's like a square peg in a round hole. He doesn't fit the system at all and you're playing with fire whenever he goes up the pitch.
Last season he was getting booked left and right, but had those Beckham-esque diagonals in the short patch when the team played more directly.
This season he's not getting booked as much, but the diagonals are completely gone from his game and he's more of a liability than an asset.

Iwobi- Another player that Wenger stubbornly continues to play, even though he's absolute crap. He looks so nervous on the ball and his finishing is like a gentle pass for the the goalkeeper. This is the guy that kept Lucas Perez on the bench last season, who every time he was on, managed to produce something and played direct football. I'm fuming that Wenger bought him to be a benchwarmer and then cast him away back at Depor. Clown managing at its finest.

Ramsey- You can see he hasn't played in a while and wasn't up to snuff like Jack would have been.

Özil- I've been impressed with him in recent months and he did try to make things happen tonight, which worked once, but there wasn't enough drive in the team, as well as movement, for him to make more of it.

Lacazette- I don't understand why this guy was bought if they're not willing to supply him with balls. You can tell with each passing game that he gets more and more frustrated by the lack of service he's getting. He doesn't even feel like a striker when you watch him play, because he's too busy dropping down to help the defense and move throughout the pitch.
It's quite shocking how Wenger managed to make him look like a pedestrian when you know for a fact that he's a really good poacher if you actually know how to play him.

Now that Aubameyang's announcement is imminent, I wouldn't get too excited about it, because he'll learn to play it sideways and all that speed of his will be for nought.

Last edited:
I think doing the Giroud deal right before they hit the pitch didn’t do the team any favors either. Still inexcusable to lose. Why Wenger didn’t start Mkhitaryan for Jack is beyond me. Why bring in a quality player to not play him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom