• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He's factually wrong about Özil not having other options. And I'm confident that his opinion that Özil would be better at Manchester United is wrong. I think he's also radically understating the case when he says Özil has had "a couple of good games." Of course you probably think he's right on all counts. But you're wrong.
He's obviously being baited on twitter and he's the silly type to respond--and he's responding with a bit of hyperbole for effect. But you don't want to hear about that...

Him saying he'd be better at Man Utd is his opinion. Nobody knows. So there's no right or wrong there...

Also, I've not seen any hard evidence of Özil having turned down Man Utd, PSG etc... It may well be true, and I wouldn't be surprised, but unless you're just conveniently running with a Mirror story because it makes Wright..wrong... then I think that's lame. I'm all ears or eyes though. Where's the proof?

You're looking a 0/3 at the moment. Can you almost salvage this with proof that Özil was wanted by those three clubs? :lol:

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Kinda hurts how our legends treat the club/our players in the media. My biggest problem with it is I don’t understand why? Henry and Wrighty are stars, they have to ‘compete’ with Liverpool and United water carriers in the media and unlike during their careers, they lose everytime. I see super annoying bias towards Liverpool and United, and instead of a bit of help from our guys, they make it worse. Did they blow all their money and think they need to stay relevant or something? I can’t figure out the incentive. If they continue like this its putting a real dent in their status at Arsenal. I would never do this, it baffles me.

Marmaduke

Kinda hurts how our legends treat the club/our players in the media. My biggest problem with it is I don’t understand why?
I have a sneaking feeling its to show that they are "unbiased" so therefore they overcompensate by being too critical of Arsenal.

Also they could just be pandering to popular opinions so more people (non-Arsenal) fans rate them.

The really silly part is that all of that just makes them seem like duplicitous weirdos. Ex-Liverpool/Manchester players never hide their obvious bias for their club.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
He's obviously being baited on twitter and he's the silly type to respond--and he's responding with a bit of hyperbole for effect. But you don't want to hear about that...

Him saying he'd be better at Man Utd is his opinion. Nobody knows. So there's no right or wrong there...

Also, I've not seen any hard evidence of Özil having turned down Man Utd, PSG etc... It may well be true, and I wouldn't be surprised, but unless you're just conveniently running with a Mirror story because it makes Wright..wrong... then I think that's lame. I'm all ears or eyes though. Where's the proof?

You're looking a 0/3 at the moment. Can you almost salvage this with proof that Özil was wanted by those three clubs? :lol:

Well, looks like Wright was wrong again then. He's wrong to respond to being baited on Twitter. That makes me 4-0. Actually, I wasn't even aware that the Mirror reported that Özil had offers from Barcelona, PSG and Manchester United. Thanks for helping to confirm what was reported by Bild and others in Germany. Now what proof do you have that Özil wasn't wanted by those three clubs? Or others for that matter?

And the idea that opinions can't be right or wrong is ludicrous. I mean, some people think Donald Trump is the greatest president in the history of the United States. So you're telling me they're not wrong because it's their opinion?

I also find it an odd argument coming from somebody who spends an inordinate amount of his time on the forum telling others that their opinions are wrong.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
And the idea that opinions can't be right or wrong is ludicrous. I mean, some people think Donald Trump is the greatest president in the history of the United States. So you're telling me they're not wrong because it's their opinion?
Well that's a false equivalent if I ever saw one. Wright saying what he's saying is nowhere near the same. And Bild can say what what they want. The Mirror get their stuff from outlets like Bild, so that also means nothing.

So thanks for providing zero evidence, apart from what you read in the papers. :)

Your opinion that Wright is wrong, is your opinion and you're entitled to it. I'm entitled to challenge your opinion, and that's all I've done and do. I haven't told you you're wrong or acted like a schmuck about it, as you have here... You're the one that's trying to ram the sh!t down peoples throats, not me. Your opinion without proof is not fact. Yes, really.

That is the difference.

Last edited:

razörist

Well that's a false equivalent if I ever saw one. Wright saying what he's saying is nowhere near the same. And Bild can say what what they want. The Mirror get their stuff from outlets like Bild, so that also means nothing.

So thanks for providing zero evidence, apart from what you read in the papers. :)
Love how you’d rather doubt the media than just let something positive about an Arsenal player live on.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Love how you’d rather doubt the media than just let something positive about an Arsenal player live on.
I'm entirely objective on the issue. How is it a positive anyway? I see his form for Arsenal as a positive. Weird that you should see him being chased my those clubs as a positive ,if it were true. Why hold on to such meaningless rubbish?

OSBK

Established Member
Kinda tired of wrighty,merse and henry sticking the knife in. Pundits smashing us and repeatedly saying we have no vieras or keowns. These clowns need to realise those days were over a decade ago.

We are slowly becoming liverpool, moaning pundits and fans who live in a fantasy world that ended 12-13 years ago.

razörist

I'm entirely objective on the issue. How is it a positive anyway? I see his form for Arsenal as a positive. Weird that you should see him being chased my those clubs as a positive ,if it were true. Why hold on to such meaningless rubbish?
Sure you’re objective. I think you are trying to cleverly push the narritive that nobody wants him and thats why he signed a new deal with us. Seen enough of your posting over the years to know your feelings about Özil.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Sure you’re objective. I think you are trying to cleverly push the narritive that nobody wants him and thats why he signed a new deal with us. Seen enough of your posting over the years to know your feelings about Özil.
Not a chance. I think it's highly likely he was being chased. Glad he signed too--the club desperately needed it. So... what now?

razörist

You don't want to because it hurts.
Why would it hurt me if you really were truthful about Mesut? I would welcome everyone in our happy company, its great, but you can’t turn 180 degrees like this, forget it.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Why would it hurt me if you really were truthful about Mesut? I would welcome everyone in our happy company, its great, but you can’t turn 180 degrees like this, forget it.
That's the problem, you see it as 180 degrees.

And even if I had turned 180 degrees, why would you not allow someone to change their opinion on a footballer ffs? Hmmm...

have nothing else to add. I see you as a Rimaal type poster who can't be reasoned with. A lost cause. Doesnt matter.

Last edited:

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Kinda tired of wrighty,merse and henry sticking the knife in. Pundits smashing us and repeatedly saying we have no vieras or keowns. These clowns need to realise those days were over a decade ago.

We are slowly becoming liverpool, moaning pundits and fans who live in a fantasy world that ended 12-13 years ago.

We finished 5th last year and are in 6th place at the moment, on top of that we should've won the league in 2016 ( I would say that's the biggest stain on wenger's legacey unfortunately, imagine if we signed a proper CM that summer, just imagine, we were top in Jan and just capitulated).

Although I don't agree with all their opinions, they have absolutely justifiable in their frustration towards the club. I would say they care more than you and I, and know a club like arsenal deserves better.

razörist

That's the problem, you see it as 180 degrees.

And even if I had turned 180 degrees, why would you not allow someone to change their opinion on a footballer ffs? Hmmm...

have nothing else to add. I see you as a Rimaal type poster who can't be reasoned with. A lost cause. Doesnt matter.
You’re not fooling anyone. You’re just more careful now because you will not be able to come back again like last time you let your true feelings shine through. Oh how I laughed, its the whole reason I started posted regularly on here. I’ve never seen somebody destroyed like you were by TGG, I hope it happens again. We have three and a half more years. :drool:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
pbLqP6H.jpg

OSBK

Established Member
We finished 5th last year and are in 6th place at the moment, on top of that we should've won the league in 2016 ( I would say that's the biggest stain on wenger's legacey unfortunately, imagine if we signed a proper CM that summer, just imagine, we were top in Jan and just capitulated).

Although I don't agree with all their opinions, they have absolutely justifiable in their frustration towards the club. I would say they care more than you and I, and know a club like arsenal deserves better.

Sorry pal have to disagree with some

Football has changed so much since those guys played and saying wengers needs a wrighty or wenger needs a overmars. The reality is those players if they exist are at barca or some other top club. Pundits saying we have JUST gone on a decline.. really, JUST gone on a decline. Have we all forgotten the 9 years where we won nothing, ahhhh but wenger did great the pundits say during that period. Really did wenger do great?? During those 9 years chelsea and utd walked the league, the money in football was nowhere near what it is now. But the pundits say wenger got us into the champions league, ah yes it was great to get into the cl and get stuffed off a half decent team. And only in the last few years the pundits say wenger has taken us backwards, no sir it was a long time before that and below I will highlight what the pundits and legends should be referring to.

1- We left highbury for the emirates as the future for arsenal was that direction. WRONG, the future for football was billionare owners and mega tv money, so the board and wenger screwed us right there. The stadium killed us, in walks billionare owners to scummy clubs like chelsea, ambramovich wouldve looked at arsenal and thought I aint touching a club with all that debt. Will buy chelsea instead fling money in and despite a naff stadium we will go win lots of things.

2- the british core. Wenger used to find great talents abroad and make them big names and in turn the youth of europe wanted to be a.gunner. do you remember the days when literally the whole of france wanted to play for arsenal? Now after wenger decided theo/rambo/jenks/gibbs were the future we are left in a position where we approach lemer....come to arsenal and play with ramsey, he gives us the bird.

3- when henry and co left. Thats when the decline is, these guys sit there and slate us but these guys walked out on us and left us with the dribble we have now. Look at chelsea, lampard and terry dont like the manager and the way things are going they kick off and things change. Instead of henry sitting there sticking the knife in how about he looks back and he saw that arsenal were on a decline and left, why didnt he and Vieira have the balls to kick off and get wenger out and maybe just maybe we would have a different club.

I respect those guys for the time and what they did for arsenal but they all can go do one if they wont admit we declined 12-13 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The only moment of possible happiness is the present. The past gives regrets. And future uncertainties. Man quickly realised this and created religion. It forgives him what he has done wrong in the past and tells him not to worry about the future, as you will go to paradise.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom