• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | North London Derby (Home) | Saturday, 10th of February at 12:30 (GMT) | BT Sport

What result do you predict?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
this "play the new guy as a transitioanl player from midfield to attack" thing that Wenger is doing to Iwobi is the same thing The Ox went trought, I dont know if it is healthy with all players, i mean Iwobi CLEARLY is a final third player, by using him in this role you are trying to convert him in something similar to Willian and he lacks power to play that role.
I don't think Iwobi has the cutting edge to be a final 3rd player, even though he had a good goal scoring record at reserve level. His touch and quick feet make him useful in transitions though.

Camus

Trusted ⭐
We were poor but I can see what @Makingtrax harps on about when it comes to officiating.

If we go 1-0 up from that Auba ‘offside’ then what happens?
It would have 100% been a different game. Sp**s come out a little more in the 1st half and we can potentially get a 2nd before half time and then it's basically game over. What's even worse is that they didn't call Kane for his header in the 1st half or Lamela for his chance in the 2nd half, both identical to Auba's position. As for that Kane header, in days gone by if that had been Giroud or one of our CBs it'd would have been called a foul.

What was even more worrying for me is that we look like we have no one to bring on and help us chase a goal. Iwobi was shocking, other than his pass for Laca he was actually more a hindrance than anything else. Laca's head looks like it's gone which is seriously effecting his football and Welbeck, well, if you're asking him to get you a goal then you're in serious trouble.

Justin1986

I'm sure if that was Aubameyang in that position, he would have scored.

Lacazette is low on confidence and I don't blame him, Wenger has killed him.
Low in confidence or not that’s not a hard chance, ****e second half performance but you have to finish them and there’s no way Kane misses that , that’s the difference, you have to take chances if not playing well and we never do

Giroud12

I blame wenger more than Laca tbf. What the f.uck do you expect after constantly subbing off the guy for every single game this season? Not letting him play the last 15-20 mins when strikers thrive?

If wenger dont rate him, we shouldnt have bought him at all. If he had been playing and scoring regularly he would have buried that last chance. Awful awful management, just like Kolasinac. When the best LB in Germany and one of the most prolific strikers the last 3 years suddenly looks sh.it, chances are that the manager is doing something wrong, not that the players suddenly forget how to play football.

Messi would look like Iwobi under Wenger to be fair.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

It’s hard to take, couldn’t watch the match. Regardless of trophies won/lost of the last few years, Sp**s have a better team than us in key positions. Better striker, keeper, CBs, midfield and manager. It’s a shame these new signings came in Jan, we must win Europa now for us to have a good summer.

Said it before, this season was always a write off, I don’t care about it as long as top 4 is secured somehow. Beating Sp**s away probably wasn’t going to happen, shame about the effort though.

I’m off to get pissed later and flirt with some girls and hopefully cheer my weekend up. Let’s all cheer up and get excited for 2018 after May.

c00lguy

Yes Spuds were the better side and we were crap, but if Lacazette took one of those two easy chances we'd be looking at a point. If the linesman did his job correctly we might be looking at a win.
We dominated manu at home yet lost that game 3-1. Performance means nothing.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Our midfield really needs retooling and has needed work for just about a decade.

El Neny
Wilshere
Xhaka

Not one of those players is a natural ball winner. Xhaka needs an ocean of space to be effective and El Neny is a super conservative passer who can barely tackle. It's not surprising that Jack was our most effective CM today as he can actually dribble and move around in tight spaces.

We had a midfield that's constructed to dominate possession at home when teams let us have the ball but away from home when the shoe's on the other foot it isn't good enough.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
Kane got served several chances thou

you can't blame Laca for not scoring there, it was a low percentage chance, closer to goal = closer to Lloris to and he would have taken it

Put it on target at least, never know where a rebound ends up especially with Auba around now.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
EL is our only chance for a CL spot next season but I can't see us pulling it off at all.
The team lacks so much basic stuff in nearly every department, we'd struggle against any opposition left in that competition including our next one.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Can I just say despite the saves he pulled off. Cech is a very lucky man.

Why does he act like he's Ederson or De Gea with the ball at his feet? He could have cost us 2 or 3 goals with his poor distribution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I still have an interest in training and development, in the stages that make it possible for players first to acquire technique (between 7 and 12) and then to develop physically (between 12 and 16), then to deepen their mental resilience (between 17 and 19) and finally between 19 and 22 to acquire what is critical, like the roof of a house without which all the rest rots away: intelligence and motivation

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom