• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | North London Derby (Home) | Saturday, 10th of February at 12:30 (GMT) | BT Sport

What result do you predict?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
There are actually only 2 players I'm really jealous of and those are Kane and Dembele.

Dembele is exactly what sets their midfield apart from ours - one of the best midfielders to control the middle of the park and yet so much more as well.

That being said I would gladly take some of their CBs as well but apart from that there's no one I really want.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Yeah this is the worst part for me. It's clear they're the better team at the moment but to just roll over and take it up the arse like we did is absolutely pathetic. Honestly don't know why some of these lads even bothered to show up at Wembley.

Cringeworthy Arsenal PR team making videos and banging on about showing fight and what the NLD means. Get to f*ck, cos none of those players showed that in the 2nd half.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
There is no regardless. The only way of measuring how good a team is, is to count the trophies they've won. This Sp**s team has (still) won nothing. And I have the feeling that's all they'll win. Good as they look at times they are completely carried by Kane. Lose him and they lose 10/20 points a year,
This.

Kane drives this team forward. When he's gone . . . they're done.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Cech
Bellerin - Mustafi - Kosc - Monreal
Wilshere - Elneny - Xhaka
Özil - Aubamayang - Mkhi
With 3 in midfield and playmakers on the wing, this team should be dominating possession and creating several chances for Aubameyang. Wenger had us playing deep and counterattacking though, which makes no sense. Only Auba is suited to run after balls, and he can't do that alone. Another problem is that Özil and Mkhi have tougher jobs here because they are playing in roles that restrict their movement across their front line. The team selection was backwards, which is on Wenger.

HBL

Established Member
Terrible performance second half.

Jack, Monreal and Cech the only players to come out of that with any credibility.

Lacazette and Iwobi were awful as subs, front three didn’t do enough with the quality they have. The midfield battle was always going to be a struggle.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

carlito'sway

Established Member
putting it on target just means it bounces away from goal and there were defenders there

you are letting you own bias colour your judgement

I could just have easily say that it was the best option to put it that wide because someone could have been on the run to tap it in

What a bunch of bollocks......

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

The only good thing out of this abysmal loss is that the notion of qualifying for the Champions League through conventional means (ie the Premier League) has been quashed.

It's Europa or bust (bust being more likely I'm afraid).

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Singling out someone in this game is useless and juvenile. After the break they all took stupid pills and couldn't even tie two consecutive passes, let alone get out of their own half. They were as helpless as Manure against Spuds.
The fact of the matter is that most of these players aren't physically strong and therefore cannot put in a defensive shift like the Spuds players.
Then there's the lack of crosses in this team, as opposed to the other guys, where Eriksen is almost always curling them in the box for Kane to score, but others do it as well.
Bellerin lost a ton of pace in the last year and he can't cross, so he's not exactly a productive right back. He's not gonna trouble his opponent, that much is clear.
The pairing of Xhaka-Elneny meant that Wenger was approaching the game cautiously considering the shocking away performance of the team, but it also took away any forward drive, because those two were never going to make it happen from deep.
Jack, Özil and Miki were all isolated and couldn't do anything. Every time they were on the ball, two-three Spuds players were around them and kept pressing throughout the whole game, making it almost impossible to pick a pass.
Jack was the only one who managed to do something out of the three, but it was still very little.
Since those three are taken out, then you have no use for Aubameyang in the team, who had 0 shots or contributions before he was moved on the wing.Yes, he was onside in the first half when the linesman raised the flag, but that's still not good enough in this sort of game.
When your first shot on target comes in the 68th minute, then you know there are huge problems in your team and even when that happened, these guys couldn't even give a simple pass, let alone create opportunities.
Laca missed two big chances, yes, but those were two big chances that Auba never had in this game, nor did he get in those positions, so there's that.
In my opinion, he should have started with both of them in exactly the same positions they were in, because that's when something happened in terms of chances, but he tried the pragmatic game and got spanked.
The commentator said around the 80th minute that Cech had more passes than Jack in the game and I just can't believe how those ****** in the defense kept passing the ball back to him when they knew he was liable to make a mistake, which he did, but Alli didn't bury it.
I think it's time he takes a comfy sit on the bench for a few games, because even though he kept 2 goals out, he's just not a safe keeper at the moment. Don't know what's going on with him.
All in all, we didn't deserve anything from this game and were lucky as hell we got away with just one. On top of that, there's no way we're getting 4th, so all the chips should be put on winning the Europa League, but that's also unlikely considering the amateurish way this team of so called professionals is playing this season.

Last edited:

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
We were clearly winning before Lacazette was subbed on. Only the last 20 minutes matter. He is the only one to blame.

we need a frekkin sarcasm emoticon.

I hope you are sarcastic but there are so many idiots on here I don't know

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

The warning signs were there when Calvert-Lewin scored against us last week.

He out jumped our defenders like Kane did this week.

The same thing will happen when we go to Old Trafford. 100%. Lukaku will score a goal similar to that. I'm calling it.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Cech
Bellerin - Mustafi - Kosc - Monreal
Wilshere - Elneny - Xhaka
Özil - Aubamayang - Mkhi
With 3 in midfield and playmakers on the wing, this team should be dominating possession and creating several chances for Aubameyang. Wenger had us playing deep and counterattacking though, which makes no sense. Only Auba is suited to run after balls, and he can't do that alone. Another problem is that Özil and Mkhi have tougher jobs here because they are playing in roles that restrict their movement across their front line. The team selection was backwards, which is on Wenger.

Just terrible stuff really.. We were the ones who desperately needed to win too and we played so passively.. It was obvious(to me at least) that we were poor in the first half and that the goal was coming if we were continuing like that, yet Wenger did nothing to change things in the second half and just waited for Sp**s to score to react..

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I said the other day I'm not sure Lacazette is the type to fight for his place. Well today he had the chance to show he could fight and he came on with his chin touching the ground and played like it as well. No fight, like he had nothing to prove when in fact he has everything to prove. I'm also annoyed with Wenger for putting him in the middle because that removed a more potent threat in Auba.

We were second best in every area and top 4 has gone. Pathetic showing!

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Agreed, what a useless midfield that is. Hope we never see it again.. Feel like AMN deserves a chance there now, at least he brings some athleticism/physicality in addition to being technically sound..

Like I said before, the rest of the pl season should be used to experiment. I need to see the AMN-Wilshere-Ramsey midfield at least once before the end of the season.

AMN offers something different and I'd like to see him in midfield, but let's not pretend there's any real internal solution. Look at Dembele's physicality today, and then Wanyama coming on, Dier there too. All capable of physically dominating an opponent. We have no one like that. No one.

We showed in the 1st half that when we have 3 midfielders all working together they can match a strong opponent, but the moment the intensity drops off they get steamrollered.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Just terrible stuff really.. We were the ones who desperately needed to win too and we played so passively.. It was obvious(to me at least) that we were poor in the first half and that the goal was coming if we were continuing like that, yet Wenger did nothing to change things in the second half and just waited for Sp**s to score to react..
It was almost as if we were playing for a draw, which is a very bad look.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
putting it on target just means it bounces away from goal and there were defenders there

you are letting you own bias colour your judgement

I could just have easily say that it was the best option to put it that wide because someone could have been on the run to tap it in

My own bias? I want us to win football games, I don't give a crap about bias and agendas. I don't blame Laca for us losing this game but clearly he should have done better on both occasions.

Implying that that was the best he's capable of is quite frankly disrespectful to his ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I don’t look at the passport of people; I look at their quality and their attitude.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom