• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL | North London Derby (Home) | Saturday, 10th of February at 12:30 (GMT) | BT Sport

What result do you predict?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Cech
Bellerin - Mustafi - Kosc - Monreal
Wilshere - Elneny - Xhaka
Özil - Aubamayang - Mkhi
With 3 in midfield and playmakers on the wing, this team should be dominating possession and creating several chances for Aubameyang. Wenger had us playing deep and counterattacking though, which makes no sense. Only Auba is suited to run after balls, and he can't do that alone. Another problem is that Özil and Mkhi have tougher jobs here because they are playing in roles that restrict their movement across their front line. The team selection was backwards, which is on Wenger.

The thing is you just can't expect that midfield to dominate possession against a good team, it has neither the technical quality nor the physical quality.

Against weaker teams our midfield (whoever is playing) will see more of the ball and then our front players can be more involved. You see that against Everton, they let us walk all over them. But it don't mean sh*t, cos against strong sides we're the ones getting walked over.

There are always many variables in football, but one of the few constants is that in big games the midfield battle generally decides the game. How can we expect to win any midfield battle when our midfielders are neither more technical nor more physical than our rivals?

c00lguy

How i miss the old Cesc era type of football. Quick one-two touches and excitement. Since then it has been this poor no defined brand of football. I keep asking. What is our style nowadays? Are an attacking team? Counter? Possession team? Defensive team? Etc? Can some one tell me please? Smh

It's more the case that everyone else has stepped up a gear whilst we remained stagnant since that time.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Before the game and despite our poor away form I thought we had a chance as it's Wembley. Although the 1st half was poor we were still in it. Absolutely shocking 2nd half that we were lucky to lose only 1-0. The same mistakes being made over and over again. Just wish it was all over

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
How i miss the old Cesc era type of football. Quick one-two touches and excitement. Since then it has been this poor no defined brand of football. I keep asking. What is our style nowadays? Are an attacking team? Counter? Possession team? Defensive team? Etc? Can some one tell me please? Smh

At this point I'd be happy with a team that at least puts in a solid effort for 90 mins, can't even do that anymore. Complete no show at Bournemouth, Swansea and now Sp**s.

Seriously worried about losing in Sweden now :lol:

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
There isn't the usual rage in the forum but seems the performance was abysmal. Glad I didn't take the day off to catch the game.

Still, even with us on the back foot we didn't get embarrassed like I thought we would. My prediction for top 4 seems out of the question. Another season with Sp**s above us. What a life

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Our problem is we approach every game against top team like we dont believe that we are better team.

We are better than United, Sp**s and Liverpool yet we always do that passive careful and scared approach.
We are?

At what point do we just accept that these teams are on the same level to or better than us?

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
To make it more simple our away form this year has been nothing but shocking 3 wins few draws we look different team when play at home we look fluid play wonderful stuff then when we go away from home week later we look relegation side who trying to play good football

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
There isn't the usual rage in the forum but seems the performance was abysmal. Glad I didn't take the day off to catch the game.

Still, even with us on the back foot we didn't get embarrassed like I thought we would. My prediction for top 4 seems out of the question. Another season with Sp**s above us. What a life

We did get embarrassed, we just escaped with a respectable enough scoreline. We were outfought and outplayed for the majority of the game.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
If the journalists don't ask Wenger about the team being completely outplayed in the 2nd half, they're not doing their jobs

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
It wasn't 50/50 possession though :lol:
Not that I can remember. It was more 55/45 for Sp**s.

They've outplayed us during the 2nd half. As simple as that.

Zero intensity during a NLD... what did he expect? :lol:

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

There are actually only 2 players I'm really jealous of and those are Kane and Dembele.

Dembele is exactly what sets their midfield apart from ours - one of the best midfielders to control the middle of the park and yet so much more as well.

That being said I would gladly take some of their CBs as well but apart from that there's no one I really want.

Dembele always looks amazing against us because our midfield is full of weaklings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom