• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2017/18: Matchday 34

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Results like this are why I can't take the talk about Liverpool challenging City next season seriously. Incredible going forward but they've dropped too many points from winning positions against lesser sides.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Results like this are why I can't take the talk about Liverpool challenging City next season seriously. Incredible going forward but they've dropped too many points from winning positions against lesser sides.

Which makes me ask the Klopp question yet again. Undeniably true that he has improved Liverpool, but how good a coach is he actually?

For me, a very good coach... but not elite.

Reactions: A_G

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
Ox's end of season review will confirm some thoughts about young player development under Wenger.

Not really, he developed and moulded Henry, Vieira, Anelka, Fabregas, Van Persie, Cole, Toure all of which will be light years ahead of whatever that piece of shít amounts to.
Even someone like Adebayor when he first turned up looked like Emile Heskey on rollerskates, Wenger somehow managed to turn him into a 30 goal striker (before a combination of his own ego and Mark Hughes sent him back down the toilet again).

If anything Wenger's failing was spending too long trying to develop many of these pampered idiots, not giving up sooner.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Not really, he developed and moulded Henry, Vieira, Anelka, Fabregas, Van Persie, Cole, Toure all of which will be light years ahead of whatever that piece of shít amounts to.
Even someone like Adebayor when he first turned up looked like Emile Heskey on rollerskates, Wenger somehow managed to turn him into a 30 goal striker (before a combination of his own ego and Mark Hughes sent him back down the toilet again).

If anything Wenger's failing was spending too long trying to develop many of these pampered idiots, not giving up sooner.
You need to separate early Wenger from late Wenger imo, the late one hasn't been that great at developing players.

Last edited:

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
You need to separate early Wenger from late Wenger imo, the late one hasn't been that great at developing players imo.

Van Persie wasn't "early" Wenger, absolutely nobody saw him becoming one of the best strikers in the world.
The difference is the football intelligence of somebody like Van Persie, similar to Ronaldo he lives and breaths football, always looking to improve.
Thierry as well, I remember him saying he always had a ball at his feet, even when he was talking on the phone.

You can tell just by watching the likes of Fabregas and Van Persie, compared to Chamberlain , Walcott, Ramsey the levels ahead in the way they see the game.
They also had that in built drive to want to be the best in the world, the latter are more intrested in haircuts, selfies and coffee machines.

You can't just develop any kid into a world beater they have to be willing and able to learn, Wenger has proven he can do this with the right players.

Last edited:

Godwin1

Very well-known
Which makes me ask the Klopp question yet again. Undeniably true that he has improved Liverpool, but how good a coach is he actually?

For me, a very good coach... but not elite.
What if, god forbid, they win the champions league?

Arsenal Quotes

We don't sign superstars, we make them.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom