• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

say yes

forum master baiter
Ultimately that some people even think this was a resignation is a testament to the class that both sides have shown.

Nothing was leaked beforehand and no shots have been fired off by either party. The departure was never going to be easy (don't even have the heart to watch Wenger's interviews at the moment) but at least Wenger is being allowed to bow out on his own terms; hopefully with the magnificent send-off he deserves.

Easier said that done when you consider how almost every other managerial departure in this league has gone down.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
I really couldn't care less whether he wanted to leave or was politely asked to leave in order to avoid his sacking - it doesn't make a difference.

If the Board acted, fine, if Wenger acted on his own, fair enough. By the sounds of it, it maybe was the former but then it could have gone much worse than it panned out. The club handled it well.

say yes

forum master baiter
Well we can’t can we. Not until Wenger does his Autobio or says otherwise it could be something we never learn the truth of.

But people can’t go with the assumption that he realises the fans wasn’t behind him so broke his morals of never breaching a contract when the fans are even more vocal before he signed that 2 year deal.

Not a single point on the road in 2018, worst season in his 22 year reign, 30+ points of leaders, miles away from a 4th place & and 60000 seater stadium fans refused to fill.

Come on dude... wake up

Was just taking the piss buddy. Been some special posting on these parts over the last couple of days.

Agree completely with you - was asked / told to leave. No two ways about it. Not that, as @redwhiteAustrian points out, it really matters.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Knew it was time for him to go, but the idea of him being ' asked to leave/sacked ' doesn't sit well with me.
The Wenger - Arsenal story wasn't supposed to end like this. :(
I think everyone was prepared for him to walk next season. I think that's what hit both camps the most. Even the Wenger out lot were not ready for him to leave this soon.

Gazidis loser of highest order. Only took him year to man up to sack Wenger. But maybe it was plan all along, Wenger takes the blame for this season, and new manager for next 2-3 seasons. By then Gazidis will have suck enough money out of the club that he doesn't care when the fans finally hunt him out of the club.

Btw I don't really believe Wenger was sacked. But I do believe Gazidis is a loser in every possible scenario. Can't wait until he will be let go so he can't hurt the team anymore.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Were making progress atleast, soon we will all realise in unison that the board is what's to blame.

Well atleast some will get there soon.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Once again, he puts the club first.
I really want to see AFTV die off and DT and his lot dissapear into obscurity.

But we all know this routine will continue. They feel they have the power now.
What are you smoking? The board put the club first after the fans reacted to dogsh!t results. Normal stuff that happens at normal football clubs all around the world. The club needed the airing, because it ****ing STANK!!

If he really was putting the club first, which is absolutely is not, then he'd waver his £11m severance pay for very very politely being told to go down the road.

Longy

I won't go as far as saying he was sacked, but he was pushed pretty hard to walk. All the mechanics are there........

Ivan's "catalyst for change" which I assume was the pivot point from the hierarchy.
Poor planning in transfer window
Poor form
Fans unrest
Out of cups early
Falling to 7th
Player contact difficulties
Fans apathy
Empty stadiums
Dire play on the field
No signs of any improvement.
Affecting the clubs perceived greatness all around the globe.

I have been in the wob for I think the last 5 years, nothing nasty or personal.
I wanted us to slip and lose because it was the only way I felt the powers that be would make change, change, unfortunately for AW, that did not include him.

Now I can celebrate AW the way it should be, I just wish it had been done sooner.
For the first time in years I'm feeling more excitement for the future. Win, loss or draw.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Sacked is too strong a word, I'd say. It's mutual, but even then someone had to take the initiative and suggested that this would be the last season. There are no facts, but it feels like Ivan & Co. took the initiative.

We've all heard a mate say his relationship ended mutually, however the **** that's meant to actually happen! The theory is wonderful, but the reality is far more brutal. Time usually reveals all :lol:

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Genuinely dismayed by and uncomfortable with a lot of the Arsenal fan base right now. I'm uncomfortable identifying with fellow supporters who can't even bring themselves to acknowledge and respect the service and achievements of someone who is our greatest ever manager. I know every fanbase is a bit of a c*nt salad, but i'm really not fond of ours right now.

Brian Clough f*cking relegated Forest in his final season. He is rightly considered one of the best ever, was his legacy tarnished by that? Do Forest fans still hold a bitter grudge against him? No, he's revered. And yet there are Arsenal fans who can't bring themselves to simply take a step back and thank the man who has given 22 years of his life to our club. I firmly believe the vast majority of Arsenal fans worldwide are immensely grateful to Wenger, and yet we've come across looking like heartless, ungrateful arsewipes.

Long story short, Claude can f*ck right off and while we're at it, Robbie can f*ck right off too. Sick of his "we just give a voice to fans" line, it's utter bollocks. He needs to stop playing innocent, he's the editor of an influential media organisation and he overwhelming gives a voice to total c*ntbuckets purely for ratings. Just because he came from an amateur background doesn't absolve him of professional responsibility.

JonBonBon

Genuinely dismayed by and uncomfortable with a lot of the Arsenal fan base right now. I'm uncomfortable identifying with fellow supporters who can't even bring themselves to acknowledge and respect the service and achievements of someone who is our greatest ever manager. I know every fanbase is a bit of a c*nt salad, but i'm really not fond of ours right now.

Brian Clough f*cking relegated Forest in his final season. He is rightly considered one of the best ever, was his legacy tarnished by that? Do Forest fans still hold a bitter grudge against him? No, he's revered. And yet there are Arsenal fans who can't bring themselves to simply take a step back and thank the man who has given 22 years of his life to our club. I firmly believe the vast majority of Arsenal fans worldwide are immensely grateful to Wenger, and yet we've come across looking like heartless, ungrateful arsewipes.

Long story short, Claude can f*ck right off and while we're at it, Robbie can f*ck right off too. Sick of his "we just give a voice to fans" line, it's utter bollocks. He needs to stop playing innocent, he's the editor of an influential media organisation and he overwhelming gives a voice to total c*ntbuckets purely for ratings. Just because he came from an amateur background doesn't absolve him of professional responsibility.

Claude is a *****. I'm sorry to sound so harsh, but the guy can barely string a sentence together. Robbie is a money-oriented ignoramus whose sole interest at this point is to generate those YouTube views for himself. I don't trust or care for AFTV. I think every Arsenal fan would be better off blocking it out and leave it for other clubs' supporters to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Nobody has enough talent to live on talent alone. Even when you have talent, a life without work goes nowhere

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Latest posts

Top Bottom