• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jack Wilshere: Where to now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stannis

He wasn’t the worst in the game, but he did prove why he should never have the captaincy

Overall in the season I’d say he has been our worst midfielder and offers the least

He isn’t 21 anymore. We can’t keep waiting.

Time to go for both AFC ‘s sake as well as Jack’s

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
He wasn’t the worst in the game, but he did prove why he should never have the captaincy

Overall in the season I’d say he has been our worst midfielder and offers the least

He isn’t 21 anymore. We can’t keep waiting.

Time to go for both AFC ‘s sake as well as Jack’s

Still think he is one of our best midfielders. clearly on his day.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Only worth keeping if he isn't on a sizeable wage. We need to free up wages judging by how poor we apparently are.

Stannis

Still think he is one of our best midfielders. clearly on his day.

Im sorry but what does that mean?

What was the last time it was his day ?

Here are the plains fact: Jack has been crap overall

This season he has 2 goals and 4 assists. Before that at Bournemouth had 2 assists the entire season yet people here act as if it was great season for him.

He offers next to nothing defensively, his passing isn't what it once was and he continually does stupid sh it on the ground but that's okay because he is "showing fight"

Overall I feel sad for him, because injuries destroyed a potentially great player, but we have given him a lot of time and in exchange, we have gotten next to nothing. When it comes to his AFC career though, I was done with Jack when ran off to Bournemouth and acted as if Arsenal had wronged him.

Last edited:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Our midfield is just so slow. Somebody has to make way for an athletic starting quality CM.

Our starters (wage wise anyway) are Wilshere, Xhaka, Cazorla and Ramsey.

Ramsey makes the cut obviously, Xhaka for all his faults is actually younger than Wilshere and knows how to play the DLP role he's also kind of decent defensively when his head is screwed on. Cazorla is either finished or has more talent in one toe than the rest of our midfielders.

What does Jack bring to our midfield? He's not bad but what does he bring that someone else or the new athletic CM doesn't?

Kash

Arsène FC Supporter
if you play Wilshere forward and Ramsey back...you can unlock a team like ATM....but hey....

the only assist over two legs, was by Jack, who drove forward and made something happen.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
He offers next to nothing defensively, his passing isn't what it once was and he continually does stupid sh it on the ground but that's okay because he is "showing fight".

Wilshere mentioned that West Ham is his family club and if he doesn't sign teh contract on table, I think he could end up there.

But judging by his childish reactions of "showing fight and pashun", he would be better off with West Ham bitter rivals, Millwall.

Longy

if you play Wilshere forward and Ramsey back...you can unlock a team like ATM....but hey....

the only assist over two legs, was by Jack, who drove forward and made something happen.

Nah Wilshere is better these days further behind, has the tekkers to get ball moving fast in linkup.
Ramsey is better forward but for the millionth time we have Özil and Mikhitarian !
Both jack and Ramsey are squad level like Elneny.

Midfielders don't need to be fast, just fast in the head

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Midfielders don't need to be fast, just fast in the head
True but the prem is the outlier imo. Unless you’re lining up with David Silva, De Bruyne and Fernandinho in midfield you need some kind of power (strength x speed) in there.

Even that Man City midfield I just mentioned has good pace. De Bruyne is the fastest ginger in the league ffs.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
This can't be his last home game.

Hopefully we will hear something this week. Xhaka, Ramsey, Wilshere, (a fit Cazorla), Maitland-Niles would be a nice CM to have. Add a more defensive cm/ a ZDM to Elneny and we have a good midfield.

Stannis

If he stays I hope he doesnt get captaincy, already annoys me how much he runs after it.

Just because you scream a lot doesnt make you captain. If anything Jack is the most volatile person in the team. Even against Milan when things started kicking off because of the welbeck dive, it was ramsey trying to sort stuff out while Jack was nowhere to be seen despite having the armband.

Ramsey should be captain with Xhaka and Cech as the vice-captains

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
If he stays I hope he doesnt get captaincy, already annoys me how much he runs after it.

Just because you scream a lot doesnt make you captain. If anything Jack is the most volatile person in the team. Even against Milan when things started kicking off because of the welbeck dive, it was ramsey trying to sort stuff out while Jack was nowhere to be seen despite having the armband.

Ramsey should be captain with Xhaka and Cech as the vice-captains
He should at least be given vice-captaincy then, in my opinion.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
We are going to have another season of dud captaincy unless the new manager changes things.

Kos is clearly going to be out of the picture so if he is promoted to captain we will have another absentee. In terms of seniority you are looking at Wilshere, Ramsey, Cech...then Monreal, Bellerin... maybe Özil. Can't see a lot of natural leadership there and (unlike Wenger) I would rule out making a player who has a year left on his contract captain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Reyes !!!
Stand up for the Champions!

Martin Tyler's commentary after Jose Antonio Reyes (RIP) scores the winner against Middlesborough
Top Bottom