• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jack Wilshere: Where to now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
I can see ramesy really flourishing in a team like Liverpool. High energy direct play. In a passing team like ours you need to accommodate someone like Ramsey to make up for his technical shortfall, for that the team needs to be built around him, and that's never going to happen. Esp with his injury record.

Id prefer to keep him rather than Jack, however if we can sign someone like Lemar who is able to play centerally too I'd cash in £40m for him because there is no way he's worth £200k a week.

GoonerBoy19

I can see ramesy really flourishing in a team like Liverpool. High energy direct play. In a passing team like ours you need to accommodate someone like Ramsey to make up for his technical shortfall, for that the team needs to be built around him, and that's never going to happen. Esp with his injury record.

Id prefer to keep him rather than Jack, however if we can sign someone like Lemar who is able to play centerally too I'd cash in £40m for him because there is no way he's worth £200k a week.

Liverpool already got Keita for that job, and they have very good set of midfielders and strikers. They will be in market for defenders and GK, not sure they will spend lot on midfeild again. I don't think Arsenal will leave Ramsey for free.

Last edited:

Stannis

in what world do people think Jack would be content being a squad player?

Not so long ago he deleted any mention of Arsenal in his social media and went off to Bournemouth in order to get play time.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Hope these reports are true.

Sure Jack is in poor form but very versatile. Just look at the roles & different players he has performed with for Arsenal & England.

We are also protecting a 10-20m asset. Now just go & get a quality DM!

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable

Sure Jack is in poor form but very versatile. Just look at the roles & different players he has performed with for Arsenal & England.

If Xhaka is 35 mil player then I am not worried about protecting a 20 Mil asset because it isn't an asset

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
If Xhaka is 35 mil player then I am not worried about protecting a 20 Mil asset because it isn't an asset
Jack loves football & will always be West Ham, Everton etc to buy him. I cant see any risk in renewing & he has big upside. Lack of minutes he will move.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
The risk in renewing is that we don't find an adequate replacement while we wait (AGAIN) for him to show us something (FVCKING ANYTHING) that might warrant a stay...

It is over now.

Agree, Jack is done at the level we need and the sooner we look ahead the better. He may be a good squad player but I'd rather focus on bringing young players through as squad players otherwise we are never going to move forward. I dont see the point in keeping him just because he will accept a pay cut.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

If he signs we are sorted for depth in CM but lack a first 11 CM of good enough quality. But i dont see us signing one, AMN will be our tackler in there for some games.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Several combinations of this have been steam rolled this season. How on earth is it quality?
Yeah I was gonna say; don't most people consider the middle of the park to be one of our biggest weaknesses (/crying for a Santi replacement)? Özil and Mkhi are of the requisite "quality," but the backend of that list --- and of our midfield, formationally -- has been blown out of the park far too many times in the past few years.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Several combinations of this have been steam rolled this season. How on earth is it quality?

Just so you know, we're getting a new coach this summer, and one of Wenger's biggest problems has been tactics. Our midfield has been dominated by teams like Man City and Liverpool who "overload" the midfield. They are beating us with tactics, and not necessarily quality.

Liverpool's midfield is Ox, Henderson, and Milner. There is no way this midfield has better talent than ours, but they do have a better coach.

With a coach that can keep pace with the new tactical era of football, which Wenger isn't, our existing midfield will get even better.

say yes

forum master baiter
The ads are diabolical on this website. Embarrassing.

Yeah it’s an absolute pisstake but also fixed by any decent ad-block. I use Adguard on mobile and uBlock Origin on desktop fwiw. Both free and haven’t seen an ad in ages.

**** Pelcro and the idiots who thought they’d be a good idea for this forum (I know it’s not the fault of any of current mods).

Guarantee the number of actual ads seen has absolutely plummeted because we’ve all been forced to ad-block all our devices. And it must be a nightmare for new members such as yourself. So counterproductive.

scytheavatar

Established Member

Wilshere is anything but versatile, he's a flawed broken player with major shortcomings that will forever limit his effectiveness. He is not clever or creative enough to be a number 10, not good enough in end product to be a winger, not good enough defensively to be playing in deep midfield, too one dimensional and slow to release the ball to be a box to box...... in another words he's just like our other midfielders. A "quality DM" is going to do little in solving the major problems in our midfielders' quality.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Yeah it’s an absolute pisstake but also fixed by any decent ad-block. I use Adguard on mobile and uBlock Origin on desktop fwiw. Both free and haven’t seen an ad in ages.

**** Pelcro and the idiots who thought they’d be a good idea for this forum (I know it’s not the fault of any of current mods).

Guarantee the number of actual ads seen has absolutely plummeted because we’ve all been forced to ad-block all our devices. And it must be a nightmare for new members such as yourself. So counterproductive.

You on Iphone or Samsung?

Twitter feeds won't show on my Samsung when I use adblockers. Have to open the link every time which is pretty annoying. Tried your adblocker as well. You have the same problem?

say yes

forum master baiter
You on Iphone or Samsung?

Twitter feeds won't show on my Samsung when I use adblockers. Have to open the link every time which is pretty annoying. Tried your adblocker as well. You have the same problem?

iPhone and no problem for me.

Twitter feeds (and other page ad-ons) are very similar to ads so you just need to tweak the settings finely. If you’re blocking twitter then it just means that your block is a bit too strong.

Reason I recommend Adguard is that it lets you customise it to block things that pop up while you’re browsing (like Pelcro) and then remembers those settings for the future.

So when Pelcro popped up for the first time for me I clicked on the Adblock extension, then clicked on the ad, and then varied the Adblock settings until Pelcro (but just Pelcro) disappeared. Hope that helps / I can PM you a more detailed guide if you want.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
iPhone and no problem for me.

Twitter feeds (and other page ad-ons) are very similar to ads so you just need to tweak the settings finely. If you’re blocking twitter then it just means that your block is a bit too strong.

Reason I recommend Adguard is that it lets you customise it to block things that pop up while you’re browsing (like Pelcro) and then remembers those settings for the future.

So when Pelcro popped up for the first time for me I clicked on the Adblock extension, then clicked on the ad, and then varied the Adblock settings until Pelcro (but just Pelcro) disappeared. Hope that helps / I can PM you a more detailed guide if you want.

Cheers. Seems like the issue was something else, had the tracking blocker(what it's good for I dunno) turned on which would stop the tweets from showing for whatever reason. Turned it off and now they show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have always been the club of the people, the streets. Arsenal was one of the first clubs to really have black players, so it did represent the mass of the UK and how London is. I hope people at the club know that and who are they playing for.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom