• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Jack Wilshere: Where to now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stannis

Keeping Wilshere wouldn't make sense. We need a new midfielder, but we already have 4 and AMN. We gave Elneny a new contract. The club intends to keep Ramsey. Xhaka plays the most of any player bar maybe Bellerin. And now we want to keep Wilshere too? Not sure where a new signing would fit in, we don't need this many midfielders unless we get a manager who plays with 3 in midfield, but we don't even know if that'll be the case yet. Which is poor planning from the club.

This is all such a mess.

Hopefully it’s a ploy for Jack to get more money from Everton.

Would have thought Orienstien would have been briefed if there was an improved offer like with what happened with Özil

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Keeping Wilshere wouldn't make sense. We need a new midfielder, but we already have 4 and AMN. We gave Elneny a new contract. The club intends to keep Ramsey. Xhaka plays the most of any player bar maybe Bellerin. And now we want to keep Wilshere too? Not sure where a new signing would fit in, we don't need this many midfielders unless we get a manager who plays with 3 in midfield, but we don't even know if that'll be the case yet. Which is poor planning from the club.

This is all such a mess.

i get ur thinking, but, as you said; we dont know the plan, so we cant call it a mess yet

shootxhakashoot

Özil lives rent-free in my head

This is all such a mess.
It IS poor planning, why do we need a new midfielder when we have all these players clogging up squad places, how has the club and Wenger allowed that to come into being that we are so unbalanced in midfield? With business hat on I would cash in on Ramsey personally and keep Wilshere on a reduced or performance/fitness based contract. Use the Ramsey money to buy the big strong physical player we all know we need. We just need to accept that some of these players are talented but really not what we need in terms of balance so some of them will have to go.

FEH

Wilshere is ****e. Cannot wait to replace him with someone superior of which there are many options.

Longy

You keep Wilshere as an option in the squad.

You sell Ramsey right now to fund a better player for CM.
We have Özil and Mikhi with Neilson coming thru. Even Iwobi has shown when he first came in that he has the potential.

CM is where we are lacking, it should be our marquee signing.

CM - new, Xhaka, Jack, Elneny, AMN

HBL

Established Member
You keep Wilshere as an option in the squad.

You sell Ramsey right now to fund a better player for CM.
We have Özil and Mikhi with Neilson coming thru. Even Iwobi has shown when he first came in that he has the potential.

CM is where we are lacking, it should be our marquee signing.

CM - new, Xhaka, Jack, Elneny, AMN
Take your Ramsey hate somewhere else. Clearly our best midfielder.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Good news that it looks like Jack is signing a new deal.

I think I might be one of the few posters on this forum that really likes our squad, so I like that we're tying down a lot of players with contracts.

Obviously, the new coach will want to make changes, but with a shortened transfer window and the World Cup it will be very hard to remake the squad this summer.

Next, we need to tie Ramsey down with a new deal, which may be pretty hard. But if we can do that the new coach can focus on signing a defender and maybe a new GK.

But a midfield of Özil, Ramsey, Xhaka, Jack, Elneny, AMN and Willock is quality.

Also, our attack is set too: PEA, Laca, Welbeck, Mkhi, Iwobi, Nelson, Nketiah.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

It IS poor planning, why do we need a new midfielder when we have all these players clogging up squad places, how has the club and Wenger allowed that to come into being that we are so unbalanced in midfield? With business hat on I would cash in on Ramsey personally and keep Wilshere on a reduced or performance/fitness based contract. Use the Ramsey money to buy the big strong physical player we all know we need. We just need to accept that some of these players are talented but really not what we need in terms of balance so some of them will have to go.
Can’t sell Ramsey, now that Wenger has gone the new guy might actually be able to get the best out of Ramsey without sacrificing our midfield solidarity.

A potent Ramsey is one of the most influential players there is, he’s annoying at times but what he brings to the side is special.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

????/Xhaka
Ramsey/Elneny
Wilshere/Maitland-Niles

Still need a DM assuming just Cazorla leaves.

shootxhakashoot

Can’t sell Ramsey, now that Wenger has gone the new guy might actually be able to get the best out of Ramsey without sacrificing our midfield solidarity.

A potent Ramsey is one of the most influential players there is, he’s annoying at times but what he brings to the side is special.
I agree to some extent but I tend more towards the "he's annoying" under Wenger as hes been a bit of an untouchable.
Is exciting all the possibilities to be honest, no way of guessing what will be done but the key thing as you say is midfield solidarity and how we get that.

shootxhakashoot

Been seeing this a lot. So Ramsey>Özil now? Since when?
Theyve got different strengths and different frustrations for me. Personally I think Ramsey is actually a more complete player WHEN he is fit and firing but Özil is the one more likely to absolutely boss a game and can be an absolute game winner.
Both are hugely inconsistent.

Last edited:

shootxhakashoot

It's quality but its not strength. Our midgets and gentlemen get brushed aside when the brawn hits the ground.
all our midgets need a platform of a big strong unit in the middle of the park who will push other teams around rather than the opposite, that with an organised defence behind. Manager appointment is hugely important.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
It's quality but its not strength. Our midgets and gentlemen get brushed aside when the brawn hits the ground.
I don't think it is quality. Özil is the only player there I'd class as elite. Ramsey can be very good in a good system that suits him. Elneny is average. Jack has been garbage and Xhaka is touch and go. I just think we can do a lot better 'quality' wise.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I don't think it is quality. Özil is the only player there I'd class as elite. Ramsey can be very good in a good system that suits him. Elneny is average. Jack has been garbage and Xhaka is touch and go. I just think we can do a lot better 'quality' wise.
I think they're all good with the ball, even Elneny who is a decent "hustler" but none of them is the dominating physical presence with the crunching tackle that will let the others play.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I think they're all good with the ball, even Elneny who is a decent "hustler" but none of them is the dominating physical presence with the crunching tackle that will let the others play.
Still think we lack that exciting player that links things up. Thought Jack was it but alas he seems to be regressing. A rosicky type player who can turn the pace of the game. None of those players listed do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom