• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

It will probably be worth it from a public relations standpoint. I hope Rooney does well, but I wonder if he has the legs for it? Some of these older guys come to MLS and can't keep up with the pace of the game (there are a lot of fast, athletic young players). Steven Gerrard was just awful with the Galaxy. Lampard fared a little better with Vieira at NYCFC, but he found it difficult as well. Same with Pirlo. Both drew a lot of criticism. Zlatan is still a work in progress. We'll see. He had that spectacular debut for the Galaxy, coming off the bench to score those two goals. But he's only scored one in five games since and doesn't exactly cover a lot of ground. I can see Rooney getting burned when he goes up against some of those speedy South Americans that Gerardo Martino brought in at Atlanta United. Time will tell. In any case, he'll put some butts in some seats when they open that new stadium next month.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
It will probably be worth it from a public relations standpoint. I hope Rooney does well, but I wonder if he has the legs for it? Some of these older guys come to MLS and can't keep up with the pace of the game (there are a lot of fast, athletic young players). Steven Gerrard was just awful with the Galaxy. Lampard fared a little better with Vieira at NYCFC, but he found it difficult as well. Same with Pirlo. Both drew a lot of criticism. Zlatan is still a work in progress. We'll see. He had that spectacular debut for the Galaxy, coming off the bench to score those two goals. But he's only scored one in five games since and doesn't exactly cover a lot of ground. I can see Rooney getting burned when he goes up against some of those speedy South Americans that Gerardo Martino brought in at Atlanta United. Time will tell. In any case, he'll put some butts in some seats when they open that new stadium next month.
I remember Gerrard saying the heat and humidity in some places along with the long away trips took a toll on him physically, that will hit Rooney even harder considering the relatively poor condition he's in compared to some of his peers.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
https://www.transfermarkt.de/ersatz...dash-sturmer-nicht-abgeneigt/view/news/307721

According to Radio Marca, Atletico consider bringing back Sergio Aguero, if Griezmann leaves for Barcelona. The City striker is one of several options.

The article says first contact has been established with Aguero's representatives and the player isn't opposed to a move back to Madrid. Still, both parties agreed to postpone talks, as Aguero is working towards the WC right now.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
https://www.transfermarkt.de/ersatz...dash-sturmer-nicht-abgeneigt/view/news/307721

According to Radio Marca, Atletico consider bringing back Sergio Aguero, if Griezmann leaves for Barcelona. The City striker is one of several options.

The article says first contact has been established with Aguero's representatives and the player isn't opposed to a move back to Madrid. Still, both parties agreed to postpone talks, as Aguero is working towards the WC right now.

You would think Aguero at City is unattainable for anyone in world football but for some reason I could see him moving.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Bet he becomes one of their most productive players as well.

You can just see how ready he is for the step up.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Should have signed him in the summer or January. He’s so f*cking good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I play on the right, Tony on the left and we'll deal with whoever comes along, big or small

Martin Keown
Top Bottom