• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

el57

Also can see Kroenkes angles after big success they had with Rams taking a similar route in the States.

And Sven's angle when he sees the success of Nagelsmann and Tedesco in the Bundesliga. Bit skeptical of it working here to be honest, but at the very least there is an argument that a bold and idealistic youthful manager who knows how to work within a structure instead of as a controlling ego can actually be very good.

Stannis

He really need to stop the negativity hurt us in last few years time to be supportive. But I guess being positive doesn't earn you money

That’s effictively censorship. People have been raging filth at Arsène for the past 8 years, anyone who has been to games would have seen this.

If it wasn’t Robbie it would have been someone else given the explosion of fan channels in the UK

Dammit

All I have to say I will support our new maganger whoever it will be, even if it's Arteta, he deserves the chance to prove himself. If he fails, then Gazidis must be fired, no question about it.

Welcome Arteta.

Please organize a decent defence.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Suspect Allegri's been offered the job and they're waiting for him to finalise things with Juventus or accept.

Arteta probably knows he's second choice and that Allegri will likely stay in Italy. Gives him time to think about backroom staff etc.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
El Jefe Mikel

DdOoVOsXkAAF3Jq.jpg

No way could I have a wife taller than me, although I can understand why he has made an allowance for this one :)

HBL

Established Member
Whilst Aubameyang, Özil, Mkhitaryan and Lacazette are here I don’t think we can descend any further into mediocrity than we already have no matter who we appoint as coach/manager. I don’t think Arteta is the right choice, I’ve said many times by top three were Jardim, Allegri and Nagelsmann but it seems two of those are set to stay at their current clubs. Not sure why we haven’t made more of an effort with Jardim though.

However, I do like the idea of Arteta, the mystery surrounding it is intriguing and something I would look forward to seeing next season.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Allegri was clear not going to join no CL football 50-70M budget. You can't blame him he is aiming for better job

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Still not convinced by Arteta in any way. Think I'll be off for a few days, at least out of this thread, until it's done and dusted and there's nothing left but to accept and support the team. 'Cause until that does happen I won't be on board with how those in charge seem to choose the successor and ultimately to whom being chosen this process I cannot fathom has led.

Edit: And gtfo with your 5 stages of grief stuff. This has nothing to do with that. This is about serious concerns regarding the club hierarchy's ability to conduct a proper, vetted process of suited scope to find a fitting manager as well as serious concerns regarding Gazidis' footballing business acumen.

I mean: Allegri as the only possibly attainable top manager in a job; Ancelotti, Luis Enrique and Tuchel as the three top managers out of a job; Nagelsmann as the fresh flavour of the day; and a host of ex-players. Coming up with that kind of shortlist isn't inspiring in any way. Any decent journo or football fan can come up with that list of candidates. Hardly convincing stuff, hardly outside the box.

Last edited:

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
AFTV already don't want Arteta and I feel that won't do well for us.

Fatty Claude already saying it will end in tears I mean wtf if you feel you are the mouthpiece of Arsenal fanbase then be patience supportive and stop talk s**t

AFTV should be shut down, no use complaining before we've even played a game. If Arteta turns out to be a success they would probably be furious because they've forgotten they are Arsenal fans, in their eyes they are media stars!

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Until everything is signed sealed and delivered every name is pure speculation. There are pros and cons in every option that has been listed.

There is one key aspect that needs to be factored in and it's not budget or salary or CL football. It's the new structure that is in place. If the manager doesn't accept the structure which is designed to replace much of what Wenger done and create continuity going forward after the next guy has gone then they simply won't be here. We haven't invested time and energy in a new backroom to rip it apart at the first opportunity .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have always been the club of the people, the streets. Arsenal was one of the first clubs to really have black players, so it did represent the mass of the UK and how London is. I hope people at the club know that and who are they playing for.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom