• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Arteta seems like the sensible choice in what would likely to be a more modern coaching role rather than the classic "manager" role.

Really, all we want from the next manager/coach is that he maintains the classy approach of Wenger, but is more tactically astute and more pragmatic when the time calls for it. That is already an improvement on the "last ten years" Wenger. We already have the guys to deal with transfers and finding excellent prospects.

Fvck classy

Motivation beats class we need /want somebody who puts the primadonnas in place

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
To be fair, we seem to have a problem of 2 week injuries turning into an entire season out lol. I'm exaggerating of course (just slightly), but haven't we complained enough about how "our players" are always out for really long periods of time?
Yes but there is also a debate that this is the training methods. We simply don't know enough to make that sort of assertion. Colin has been here for 23 years. Only in the last 10 have we really suffered from injuries. Did he just forget his job over night?

JonBonBon

Ramsey has not signed an extension and unless we let him go on a free next season it may be a good time to cash on him. I am fine with that. We could use the money and rebuild our CM.

Yeah really, I couldn't care less about Ramsey. He's part of the "we have good intentions and this is what we need to do" crew before losing to a relegation side. Time to get rid of "talkers" and bring in "doers" to the club. Hopefully the new youth players coming through have this quality of doing rather than talking!

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Whilst Aubameyang, Özil, Mkhitaryan and Lacazette are here I don’t think we can descend any further into mediocrity than we already have no matter who we appoint as coach/manager. I don’t think Arteta is the right choice, I’ve said many times by top three were Jardim, Allegri and Nagelsmann but it seems two of those are set to stay at their current clubs. Not sure why we haven’t made more of an effort with Jardim though.

However, I do like the idea of Arteta, the mystery surrounding it is intriguing and something I would look forward to seeing next season.

Agreed, my choices are the same as you too. Unfortunately Jardim hasn't been mentioned for a while now. I've been against Arteta all along, not as a person obviously, just simply lack of experience. Its odd though, because of the unknown I find the prospect quite exciting, I guess that's just me as a person, I like a bit of a risk. We have some great players and if any manager can sort out the defence then we can only get stronger. If that manager is Arteta so be it.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Yes but there is also a debate that this is the training methods. We simply don't know enough to make that sort of assertion. Colin has been here for 23 years. Only in the last 10 have we really suffered from injuries. Did he just forget his job over night?

He had athletes to work with at first

Wengers bias for small technical playmakers will continue to bite us in the ass

More gym time , bigger more athletic players is a must

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
He had athletes to work with at first

Wengers bias for small technical playmakers will continue to bite us in the ass

More gym time , bigger more athletic players is a must
Still doesn't explain why Colin loses his job. Manager buys technical players who get injured so Colin gets the sack?o_O

JonBonBon

Fvck classy

Motivation beats class we need /want somebody who puts the primadonnas in place

By classy, I mean not a Mourinho or Simeone type figure.

We don't know what Arteta is like as a coach. I think motivation in part comes from implementing effective tactics. As far as primadonnas go, I don't know which players you are referring to to specifically, but do what SAF did and just sell them on...

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent

Didn't he take over from his uncle following the 2006 world cup?

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Gazidis apparently moved office yet again to Colney. Getting closer to the football side of things instead of business. Fair to conclude we are going as far away from a 1 man management structure as possible.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Ivan has also pulled the trigger on Paul Johnson. He's the equipment manager and also sorts out the bus and flight stuff. I think he was in charge of the travel club. He's been at the club 30 years.

No-one is safe. I just hope they are as ruthless with the players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Of the nine red cards this season we probably deserved half of them

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom