• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
I would love to know how Arteta is seen as a more suitable candidate than Jardim, who has been my #1 choice for ages. I would also love to know how the Board and Ivan accepted the fact that Mikel (assuming he's chosen) was teammates with almost half the squad just a mere two seasons ago and how that relationship was suddenly going to change? What mitigation factors were they thinking of on this risk?
You cant justify it but I guess if you cant get one of the very elite managers now we can always get a good experienced guy anytime... We pay well.

The freedom to sack any of these managers after a year or run of bad results really lessens the risk. Bet we are on the third by 2020.

say yes

forum master baiter
DdPIBHlWAAAXWJ_

Special treat for @MaraDon and @Highbury_2006

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
If the Board had any cunning they would be destabilising Sp**s by letting it be known they are interested in talking to Pochettino.

The effect this would have, following on from Pochettino's comments demanding big spending there, would be to force Sp**s to spend more than they can afford (in an effort to keep their most "successful" manager in decades) thus hastening their financial collapse.

Or we end up with Pochettino and he poaches some of their best players for us.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I think I've somehow talked myself into wanting Vieira. How the f*ck did that happen? He has the fabled club connection (though y'know, whatever), he'd very much unite the fans, he's an excellent speaker, motivator, man manager and leader.

If we're going young I'd rather have Nagelsmann, because he has proven himself to be good at the tactics etc, but also a consummate leader. But people are saying he's unavailable this summer. I'm a bit worried that Vieira isn't experienced enough tactically to sort out the defence and make us a solid outfit. But 100% he'd command the respect of the players and get them all interested again, he'd build momentum and belief in a common project.

I think Vieira absolutely has the confidence to walk into the training ground on the first day and make everyone believe that he's the right man to be there. Can Arteta do that?
Vieira offers a lot of what I look for, one aspect being commanding huge respect from any player that has seen him play, or will ever see footage of him in his playing days. As much as we think we know about their credentials in other aspects, there’s still far more we don’t, and only those that play under them can reveal what they are. For example you might assume Arteta is poor at motivating or wouldn’t be as imposing in the dressing room as Vieira, but it might not turn out that way, as hard as that might be to believe!

Why isn't Nagelsmann the leading candidate. We should have gone all out to pursue him. His track record and methods are exceptional. The more I read about him and see his team play, the more it seems like he could have a Guardiola like impact at our club. He fits in our philosophy and seems like the profile we are looking to hire. Very surprising and disappointing in a way.

All of us can judge all we want but the truth is that none of us know how Arteta is going to turn out because he has never been a manager till now.

We need someone who will give this team a shock in terms of tactics, training and methods. Nagelsmann could have been that man but if Arteta is really the chosen once, let's hope that he has learnt from Guardiola and can change the playing culture of our team.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Vieira offers a lot of what I look for, one aspect being commanding huge respect from any player that has seen him play, or will ever see footage of him in his playing days. As much as we think we know about their credentials in other aspects, there’s still far more we don’t, and only those that play under them can reveal what they are. For example you might assume Arteta is poor at motivating or wouldn’t be as imposing in the dressing room as Vieira, but it might turn out that way, as hard as that might be to believe!

Probably why Ivan's moving his office to Colney , in case the players start bullying Arteta .

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
it's pretty obvious to me that although Gazidis is the man excercising the power, Josh Kroenke is the man enabling him to do so

Arsène was Kroenke senior's man, and the timing of Josh's prolonged stay in London suggests he came over to give his backing to the clear out

TriniGunner

I started to think about this whole Arteta thing and I realized that it may not be as bad as we're making it out to be. There's a reason why he left Wenger's side to go be Pep's #2. He could have stayed here, under Wenger but I honestly think that Wenger's management style and tactics were in complete contrast to his. I've also heard that our players who played with him were very much impressed by his tactics, knowledge of the game and they even told him that he should seriously consider going into management. It seems like he left a very good impression on the management of the club and the players and it's why he's being considered for the job. I'm not in any way fully behind his appointment but it seems we are looking for a candidate who shares certain values and characteristics of the club. Added to that, being Guardiola's assistant for 2 seasons can't be bad for your CV. He was bound to learn a lot from him.

TriniGunner

Too soon for arteta , he was playing with the lads a couple years ago.

I'm thirsty for change , but what are we doing? Lol

I've heard that the management and players were very impressed with him when he was here. He seemed to be the total opposite to Wenger in terms of tactics and it's why he chose to leave and not stay under Wenger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the league at Tottenham, they came back 2-2 in the last-minute of the game, and they're celebrating - because they're happy to draw against us, obviously. And I remember saying to Mauricio Tarricco who injured himself celebrating in front of me: "Do you realise we only need a point to be Champions?" And he was utterly shocked. So I said "Yes. Now watch as we're going to celebrate on your pitch. Bye bye!"

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom