• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

I started to think about this whole Arteta thing and I realized that it may not be as bad as we're making it out to be. There's a reason why he left Wenger's side to go be Pep's #2. He could have stayed here, under Wenger but I honestly think that Wenger's management style and tactics were in complete contrast to his. I've also heard that our players who played with him were very much impressed by his tactics, knowledge of the game and they even told him that he should seriously consider going into management. It seems like he left a very good impression on the management of the club and the players and it's why he's being considered for the job. I'm not in any way fully behind his appointment but it seems we are looking for a candidate who shares certain values and characteristics of the club. Added to that, being Guardiola's assistant for 2 seasons can't be bad for your CV. He was bound to learn a lot from him.

lets just hope he can command respect, and stand up to the board. These are my worries more than his knowledge of the game

TriniGunner

lets just hope he can command respect, and stand up to the board. These are my worries more than his knowledge of the game

He seems to be a bit of an introvert but maybe from a football perspective, he's totally different. I've played for coaches who would hang out with you like your best buddies then be your worst enemy in training.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Right, this is my final conclusion: it's just football, right? Sure it's not like he'd be negotiating Brexit. Give it to him, see what happens, enjoy seeing what happens, and then deal with whatever happens.

Gunners4life

Definitely Not RonaldoMadness
Arsenal players ‘shocked and upset’ at surprise staff change

I'm personally shocked and disgusted at the board's decision to sack longtime staff before the new manager has even come in and decided who he wants to retain or let go.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
What the hell happened here? Is it a complete meltdown, because I keep getting this message:

Error 503 Service Unavailable
Service Unavailable

Guru Meditation:
XID: 1671113074

Varnish cache server

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Here's to a new era. New successes, new failures and everything in between. We shall celebrate, deal, and learn for each as they come our way.

Here's to the future!

giphy.gif

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Simply isn't true at all. He couldn't stay here and Arséne publicly stated that. Were scenes on here as well.
of course he couldn't stay here and spoil the Masterplan

nor could Arsène leave last year because Arteta needed another year under Pep, and earn credit for smashing the PL

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Right, this is my final conclusion: it's just football, right? Sure it's not like he'd be negotiating Brexit. Give it to him, see what happens, enjoy seeing what happens, and then deal with whatever happens.

What's more, it is exciting. We've spent the last decade moaning because every single season we know exactly what our manager is going to do. Well, with Arteta we'd have literally zero idea what he's going to do. It's the mystery box option.

Being honest with ourselves, we didn't tire of Wenger because we weren't winning the league. We tired of him because we got bored of how we didn't win the league. Well there's no way next season would be boring.

Also, we all want our team to do well, but maybe Arsenal fans need to remove themselves from the twittersphere-generated-bantzbantzbantz-you-must-win-everything-or-gary-neville-will-rant-about-you-pressurised-modern-clusterf*ck state of mind that we currently exist in. How about we just try to enjoy ourselves and our football for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It works. I am just waiting until everyone has copied it, then I shall come up with something new.

Herbert Chapman on the famous WM formation
Top Bottom