• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Was Arteta there? Didn't see Bergkamp, Vieira or dozens of others there. Were you there?

Arteta is not a legend at this football club.

Vieira can be excused since he's managing in New York. I'm not sure about Bergkamp but Henry has been spouting **** in the media that's why the attention is on him.

And yes, the great one was present.

Where were you?

68d305c58174a13b13b2e01c4482db46.gif

IslingtonBornandbred

Arteta is not a legend at this football club.

Vieira can be excused since he's managing in New York. I'm not sure about Bergkamp but Henry has been spouting **** in the media that's why the attention is on him.

And yes, the great one was present.

Where were you?

68d305c58174a13b13b2e01c4482db46.gif

The attendance of Henry is a silly thing to bring up. I don't know what **** Henry has been spouting in the media which is relevant to him telling his employers he isn't turning up for work because he would like to attend Wenger's farewell game. He also played under Pep and was required to be there by Sky. There was no live coverage by Sky at the Emirates and like I said, it wasn't that sort of event where everyone was there and just Henry wasn't. Kolo Toure, Hleb, Diaby, Cesc, Wright, Gilberto....a load of guys weren't there but we have to abuse Henry as usual because he scored 228 goals for Arsenal and he has to be judged to a different standard. I'm pretty sure he has communicated in private with Wenger since the announcement and that's what matters. Everything else and all the moaning is because some fans don't get what they want. Like when Alexis didn't put anything on social media, it's a disgrace, it's disrespectful etc but the reality is they communicated privately.

I was also there.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

That's basically what he did though. That's why he stopped coaching our youngsters.
He is on like 40 k pw at Sky and was told knock Sky on the head and stay with us as a youth coach or leave. He left and now works with Sky and is an assistant manager of the Belgium national team working with Kdb and Hazard. Who got the **** end of the stick there :lol:

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
He is on like 40 k pw at Sky and was told knock Sky on the head and stay with us as a youth coach or leave. He left and now works with Sky and is an assistant manager of the Belgium national team working with Kdb and Hazard. Who got the **** end of the stick there :lol:

He's on his way to being the French Gary Neville. Someone will give him a job at some point and he'll be rubbish.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Thierry ****ed up.

Any half decent season with our youth team & he walks into the manager position now.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

Seeing as he has to work with Roberto Martinez...

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Kolo Toure, Hleb, Diaby, Cesc, Wright, Gilberto.

Hleb & Diaby :lol:

Cesc didn't come for obvious reason, he was playing a football match against Liverpool.

Let's be real here besides possibly Ian Wright which one of those are bigger legends than Thierry Henry at our club?

The man has a statue outside of our stadium ffs.

I think I could understand if Arteta's assistant had experience but if these rumours of Henry and Cazorla are correct we are setting ourselves up for a massive fall.
Henry has spent last season, rightly in some cases, lambasting the players for poor performances. How can he come into the training ground without some resentment from the squad?

IslingtonBornandbred

Hleb & Diaby :lol:

Cesc didn't come for obvious reason, he was playing a football match against Liverpool.

Let's be real here besides possibly Ian Wright which one of those are bigger legends than Thierry Henry at our club?

The man has a statue outside of our stadium ffs.

This isn't a pissing contest.

So because Hleb and Diaby or anyone didn't reach the heights of Henry as a player it means they don't have to attend but Henry does? They owe as much to Wenger as Henry does. Yeah, Cesc was playing for Chelsea but Henry was working as well, as was the likes of Vieira.

Last time I checked Henry was contracted to Sky and Belgium. He is employed by them and has to fulfil his commitments to them. If one of the executives say to Henry "Thierry we want you at City on Sunday" then his answer is "yes, boss". I wouldn't expect anything less.

Excellent logic. The man has a statue outside of our stadium which means when he is scheduled to work, he shouldn't go to work and instead attend Wenger's leaving farewell at the Emirates which involved standing by the tunnel before and after the game, and as a result of not attending, he should "have nothing to do with our club".

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Fully expecting Chelsea to appoint Frank Lampard as their new manager with John Terry and Didier Drogba as assistants.

Arteta + Cazorla + Henry? Comfortably a EL club, but not even a EL favorite/winner, and MILES off first place in the PL and this is was the big grand plan after our manager of 22 years was pushed out!?

I ****ing hate the people running this club. Took a few years longer than he initially proclaimed, but AVB was right we are legit within a negative spiral.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom