• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Arteta, Henry and Santi all coming in because they know they'll end up getting a game for us :lol:

Kash

Arsène FC Supporter
You do realise Henry gave most of his best years to us and left us when the club couldn't invest anymore and was going on a downward trajectory? He left to join Barca and won the Champions League.

There is a big difference to a player like Henry moving to Barca and the others you have listed. He left aged 29 because he felt the club couldn't compete anymore on the big stage and he wanted a Champions League, most of the others you listed arrived because of that same downward trajectory that meant Henry left.

everyone has a different viewpoint and perspective. I am sure thats why RVP and Cesc left too. I am just bracketing him with them.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Why are people accepting this sham from the board?

6th wealthiest club 3rd most successful in England .

Yet it looks like we're going to get a novice manager with a championship transfer budget.

Yet I see on here posters saying finishing outside top 4 is acceptable ffs
You going to protest outside the Emirates?

I’m willing to give Arteta a chance.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
For some reason i'm actually a lot less concerned by the managerial appointment than I am by the player recruitment. If we hire Arteta and bring in a few quality players in key positions then I'd feel totally fine, but if we were to fall flat with the recruitment we could bring in Allegri and I still wouldn't feel that confident.

Three to four quality players in addition to the current ones and I think Arteta would probably do fine.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Would absolutely love it if Pires becomes an assistant. Maybe along with Santi or Xabi Alonso, that would be insane.

Would help out the squad massively with their fragile mentality, these guys have seen and done it all.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Would absolutely love it if Pires becomes an assistant. Maybe along with Santi or Xabi Alonso, that would be insane.

Would help out the squad massively with their fragile mentality, these guys have seen and done it all.
Doesn’t work like this though. Look at Bergkamp, a GOD but apparently hated by the Ajax players.

Some of the best assistants in the game are guys we’ve never even heard off - Rui Faria, Carlos Quieroz, Buvac etc.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Can’t believe the crazy media.

More interested in the marriage of balding ginger bloke, batting above his average, than who might replace Arsène Wenger.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Some of the best assistants in the game are guys we’ve never even heard off - Rui Faria, Carlos Quieroz, Buvac etc.
_77470163_german_burgos_getty.jpg

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
It seems as though Arteta’s appointment is inevitable.

I think to make the best of a risky appointment would be for us to hire a proven and competent number 2. Perhaps the services of someone like Buvac, if he was indeed a key figure in the style and tactical planning of Liverpool under Klopp. That way we would have a combination of the effective Klopp and Guardiola, also staying true to the fundamentals put in place by Wenger.

It seems Gazidis wants to secure Arteta for the future, and a reserve team coach position is not enough to do so.

It would need the first team coaching setup to gel though, which at best would need a season in my estimation.

Not ideal, but if done properly could reap benefits in 2/3 years.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Seriously it’s bizarre how some are trying to lower expectation.

If Wenger was still here next season most would have expected top4/cl football, anything less would have been seen as a failure. Even top 4 wouldn’t have pleased everyone if we didn’t have a proper title challenge/win something. This is someone people here has described as past it/dinosaur, doesn’t do tactics, doesn’t do anything in training, doesn’t know how to set up a defence, makes players worse to a point you can’t judge them until you see them under a new manager. Going by that, you should see a massive improvement instantly if we hire a competent manager, so how can the expectations for the new manager be lower?

This squad right now without improvements is the strongest it’s been in a long time, top 4 has to be the minimum target. If we get 75+ points and fail, that’s one thing, but a similar season to this one would be a complete failure and unacceptable.

It was seen as a failure with Wenger because we've been missing out on the top four whilst not even looking like we're progressing.

A lower finish with Arteta is acceptable if it looks we're got the making of a team/project that can go on to be successful, I don't see why so many struggle to grasp this concept.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The coach's role is to make the player understand everything that serves the interest of the game. To do this he must speak to the child within each player, to the adolescent he was and the adult he is now. Too often a coach tends only to speak to the adult, issuing commands for performance, for victory, for reflection, to the detriment of the child who is playing for pleasure, living in the present.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom