• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Don’t get this negativity towards Henry at all. Because he’s not a great pundit?

He’s won everything, was elite in talent, application and mentality.

You know nothing about his coaching ability
Because he's perceived as a negative pundit. Can't blame him though, he's holding this squad of losers to the same standard he held his own teams to.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Don’t get this negativity towards Henry at all. Because he’s not a great pundit?

That's the problem. Nobody knows much about his coaching ability because he's done so little of it. Just some youth work and a part-time gig with Belgium. I want coaches who are proven and experienced, especially if Arsenal is hiring a head coach who isn't proven and experienced.

Just because Henry was a great player and is a club legend doesn't make him more qualified than a thousand guys they could get.

wigner

For some reason i'm actually a lot less concerned by the managerial appointment than I am by the player recruitment. If we hire Arteta and bring in a few quality players in key positions then I'd feel totally fine, but if we were to fall flat with the recruitment we could bring in Allegri and I still wouldn't feel that confident.

Three to four quality players in addition to the current ones and I think Arteta would probably do fine.

Why would quality players come with Arteta as the coach? Also, Arsenal seem to pay lower wages when compared to City, Chelsea, and United.

Are we going after their leftovers? Without a big name coach, will we even get first pickings of their leftovers?

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Deciding Henry is a **** coach because hes a naff pundit is a heck of a leap. He was an exceptional attacker Im sure he at the very least could be a solid technical coach...

Agree there would be better out there though. Would love more recent legends in the staff.

carlito'sway

Established Member
More like a proven and competent #4 (at best). Domenec Torrent is Pep's #2 (been with him at Barca and Bayern). Carles Planchart, their performance analyst, has been with Pep for a long time and would be ahead of Arteta in the pecking order as well. Mikel would slot in somewhere behind them.

Come on man...We get it, you don't like Arteta but that is complete nonsense. Arteta being Pep no 2 is not even a debate.

6gunner

That's the problem: no one, including the people in charge of running Arsenal know anything about his coaching ability. Which is okay (with managment) considering he's not being hired for his coaching ability, but rather because he's popular with the fanbase and is likely to lessen the flack they are going to catch when we're 9th in the table after Boxing Day.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Why would quality players come with Arteta as the coach? Also, Arsenal seem to pay lower wages when compared to City, Chelsea, and United.

Are we going after their leftovers? Without a big name coach, will we even get first pickings of their leftovers?

Too much negativity in one post, I can't be dealing with that. We've got a new recruitment team at the club and so far they've delivered us Aubameyang, Mkhitaryan and a very promising Mavropanos. If they continue like that this summer then hopefully it won't be as bad as you fear.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
What is Fox Sports?

Hunting-009.jpg

CanadianGooner1608

I don't see the issue with having ex-players like Henry/Xavi/Santi etc... as technical coaches to be honest.
They will be able to focus one on one on some players, help them raise their game a bit with their insight.
An experienced assistant coach to head the training sessions and give detailed reports to the head coach (whoever it is), so he can make decisions on tactics based on performances.

I'd love Buvac to be the assistant coach to an Arteta. Think it would work wonders for the team as a whole and help them develop that killer instinct we so desperately need.

Getting a bit enthusiastic now.

Ashybashy86

I think having Henry onboard will at the very least be good for our strikers. Particularly Laca. I think Henry pointed out that he was making very good runs that were either not see or being ignored.

Despite the defending, I'll know the team has improved if there are a lot more attempts at scoring.

Kash

Arsène FC Supporter
47 points at home. 16 away. A community shield, a league cup final, a europa semi final and 6th place.

-3M net spend this season

Thats the last and worst season of Arsène Wenger at Arsenal in 22 yrs.

I think the minimum expectation from the new setup should be that they do better than the previous guys worst season in 22. fair?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Dennis Bergkamp is the club's unconditional idol, a perfectionist whom I never saw make a careless technical move.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom