• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
That's the problem: no one, including the people in charge of running Arsenal know anything about his coaching ability. Which is okay (with managment) considering he's not being hired for his coaching ability, but rather because he's popular with the fanbase and is likely to lessen the flack they are going to catch when we're 9th in the table after Boxing Day.
That's the problem. Nobody knows much about his coaching ability because he's done so little of it. Just some youth work and a part-time gig with Belgium. I want coaches who are proven and experienced, especially if Arsenal is hiring a head coach who isn't proven and experienced.

Just because Henry was a great player and is a club legend doesn't make him more qualified than a thousand guys they could get.
Hmmm he did work at Arsenal in a coaching capacity

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Ffs, even West Ham is looking to get a more experienced manager in Pellegrini and we're going with the ex players who haven't trained fu*k all!
tenor.gif

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
Towards the end in the line?

Yeah pretty much!

1- Domenec Torrent (is with Pep since his Barca days)
2- Carles Planchart (is with Pep since his Barca days)
3- Rodolfo Borrell (coached Lionel Messi, Andres Iniesta, Cesc Fabregas a touch better then Sterling..No?)
4-Brian Kidd/Mikel Arteta

and I am not even counting Lorenzo Buenaventura and Manel Estiarte who both are close friends of Pep and have been by his side since the beginning.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
Yeah pretty much!

1- Domenec Torrent (is with Pep since his Barca days)
2- Carles Planchart (is with Pep since his Barca days)
3- Rodolfo Borrell (coached Lionel Messi, Andres Iniesta, Cesc Fabregas a touch better then Sterling..No?)
4-Brian Kidd/Mikel Arteta

and I am not even counting Lorenzo Buenaventura and Manel Estiarte who both are close friends of Pep and have been by his side since the beginning.

I trust your inside knowledge.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Come on man...We get it, you don't like Arteta but that is complete nonsense. Arteta being Pep no 2 is not even a debate.

I agree. Arteta being Pep's #2 is not up for debate because that's clearly Domenec Torrent. As the Daily Mail described it:

1. Domenec Torrent - Assistant coach

Torrent has worked with Guardiola since he started his coaching career with Barcelona B in Spain's third-tier Segunda Division B and is always sat next to him on the bench.

The 54-year-old Spaniard is consulted before any changes are made and is arguably Guardiola's most trusted lieutenant.

Also, I think quite highly of Arteta. I just don't believe he should be appointed as Arsenal's head coach with only two seasons as an assistant behind him. So I'm not going to try to make something out of him that he's not just to justify their decision, if he is given the job. I'll leave the spin to Gazidis.

Halcyon Daze

Anyone listen to TalkSPORT earlier? Cascarino was on (yeah, I know), but he called Arteta back in December in a newspaper article. Apparently bit of a secret in football that he has these star tactical / managerial qualities etc and widely known in football circles. Sterling reckons he’s the reason he’s banging in goals this season etc.

Make of it what you will, but surprised me and made me think.

Apologies if previously mentioned, just on catch up.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
For anyone interested, I translated the first half of the article on xG, xGA and Lucien Favre's tactics and a data based analysis. It's quite long so I wrote it into a doc and uploaded it. You can fetch it here:

https://ufile.io/5azgh

I think it generally a very interesting read on data in football and tactics. But it's also an insight into how I would like Arsenal's future manager to work, not neccesarilly meaning the playing style, but the kind of work and dedication and obsesiveness. Thing is, with someone like Arteta there's no way to know any of these things.

The second half will follow, but I'm off to the Pub now!

Last edited:

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Anyone listen to TalkSPORT earlier? Cascarino was on (yeah, I know), but he called Arteta back in December in a newspaper article. Apparently bit of a secret in football that he has these star tactical / managerial qualities etc and widely known in football circles. Sterling reckons he’s the reason he’s banging in goals this season etc.

Make of it what you will, but surprised me and made me think.

Apologies if previously mentioned, just on catch up.

Don't know anything about that, but Matt Law wrote about it in December.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
It's starting to all make total sense. Mikel is the ****ing chosen one. Brace yourself, because your favourite gutless chode is about to get the axe, son. I wonder where Magic Mikel's axe will first fall.... Exciting times.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

It's starting to all make total sense. Mikel is the ****ing chosen one. Brace yourself, because your favourite gutless chode is about to get the axe, son. I wonder where Magic Mikel's axe will first fall.... Exciting times.
His chubby friend, Santi. Hopefully he bins him day 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom