• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
I'm ready to transport Areola, Kurzawa and Rabiot on my back up

Rabiot could possibly happen tbh. His contract ends in 2019, he still hasn't renew and I'm not sure Tuchel wants him (Lo Celso-Verratti suit more his playing style and Weigl could join).
Problems with Rabiot are:

- His agent is his mother and this tends to affect him
- It doesn't seems that he really likes the club
- He is too egocentric
- He sometimes act as a diva, relying on his qualities, doing no efforts
- He doesn't want to play as n6 whereas he's too static and doesn't have the vision to play 8

I'm pretty sure he would be out since a long time if he wasn't from PSG academy (Nasser says Rabiot is like is son, imagine that being said by a club president :lol:).

Didier Deschamps is a donkey manager but he was right not to take Rabiot for the WC. Nzonzi, Kanté Matuidi Tolisso Pogba Lemar are way better and useful than him.
Just heard that he refuses to be a reservist for Russia, this guy would end up ruining his career if he doesn't become aware of certain things.

Arsenal could be a great choice for him:

- He was the midfield player most used by Emery (700mins more than the 2nd)
- He often say he would like to discover others leagues (yet this fraud said he wanted to be PSG Steven Gerrard lmao)
- His relationships with the fans is getting worse
- He is really dissapointed about Deschamps not picking him for the WC and could think this is the right moment for him to leave France and begin a fresh start.

Let say 35-40m and he's yours.

I was thinking about Areola the other day when they were talking about Buffon possibly going to PSG. Young, big, good shot stopper from what I've seen. But surely they'd rather move Trapp, wouldn't they?

TheLawOfDiQ

It seems like the in-fighting between fans will continue regardless of the manager, which is a shame. Hopefully everyone that says they'll give the new manager time actually stick to their word.

TheLawOfDiQ

Rabiot could possibly happen tbh. His contract ends in 2019, he still hasn't renew and I'm not sure Tuchel wants him (Lo Celso-Verratti suit more his playing style and Weigl could join).

- He is too egocentric
- He doesn't want to play as n6 whereas he's too static and doesn't have the vision to play 8

I'm pretty sure he would be out since a long time if he wasn't from PSG academy (Nasser says Rabiot is like is son, imagine that being said by a club president :lol:).

Didier Deschamps is a donkey manager but he was right not to take Rabiot for the WC. Nzonzi, Kanté Matuidi Tolisso Pogba Lemar are way better and useful than him.
Just heard that he refuses to be a reservist for Russia, this guy would end up ruining his career if he doesn't become aware of certain things.

- He often say he would like to discover others leagues (yet this fraud said he wanted to be PSG Steven Gerrard lmao)
- He is really dissapointed about Deschamps not picking him for the WC and could think this is the right moment for him to leave France and begin a fresh start.

He does seem a bit toxic, did Emery improve him in your opinion? I've liked the way he played every time I've watched him recently.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Scottish Sun writer Graeme Bryce recounts his experience sharing a bottle of booze with Unai Emery in his Valencia office back in 2010. Emery hated being called "the new Mourinho." And this may be of interest regarding the language question:

So, once Emery had spoken to the local press I offered the booze and begged him to give me a break.

He did more than that — he invited me into his inner sanctum and told his press officer to fetch three glasses!

We did the interview in Spanish, with the press officer interpreting, but Emery’s grasp of English was not bad.

He understood every question but answered in Spanish.

Read it all here:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/foot...ry-arsenal-paris-saint-germain-jose-mourinho/

MagicParis

AM's Resident PSG Supporter
Carcedo was given a two-match touchline suspension in January, while working as assistant to Emery at Paris Saint-Germain, after being sent to the stands in a game against Nantes. He was also sent from the touchline while the pair were at Sevilla and served a ban.

French sources have claimed that Carcedo was disliked by a number of PSG players and accused him of ‘lacking warmth’, which may be a shock to the Arsenal squad.

I already like Emery's right hand man.

Ahah, Carce is so passionate.

Listen this clown Ben Arfa, he says "You're hurting my head Carce, you shout too loud, let us play, stop shouting like that ".

It tells a lot about some garbage players who don't want to progress...............................

carlito'sway

Established Member

- He is too egocentric

Agree with you about Rabiot, talented but increasingly volatile and troubled. As you said, his attitude problem seems to be getting worse. He can quickly become a cancer in a locker.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
It seems like the in-fighting between fans will continue regardless of the manager, which is a shame. Hopefully everyone that says they'll give the new manager time actually stick to their word.
It’s a bummer, but given how polarized things were at the end of this season, probably inescapable.

Don’t mind people going into the season with their own thoughts re: the new boss however — I would have been pretty touchy if we’d brought in a Rodgers etc. It’s all part of being a supporter. He’ll quickly confirm or change people’s notions once the results start rolling in.

blaze_of_glory

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
Thanks for your input.

Why are you even here and not on a Bayern forum?
Because I love Arsenal. I started watching them this club I was 8 and when Wenger had just come in.

However, I don’t need to explain myself to some random nobody on the interwebz.

As for Bayern? I admire that club a lot but they are a distinct “second team” (if I’d even call them that) for me. Whenever Arsenal have played Bayern, I have supported the Gunners 100%.

Last edited:

carlito'sway

Established Member
Ahah, Carce is so passionate.

Listen this clown Ben Arfa, he says "You're hurting my head Carce, you shout too loud, let us play, stop shouting like that ".

It tells a lot about some garbage players who don't want to progress...............................

Not trying to defend HBA, he is a basket case but apparently this assistant coach is a bit of a weirdo as well. He was constantly screaming and some players tuned him out.

TheLawOfDiQ

carlito'sway

Established Member
Hey dude, whats your opinions on Lemar? Did we dodge a huge bullet?

Nah....He is still a top talent who happened to have an average to poor season. He was injured a lot too. The 90 M offer last season was a bit over the top but he is still worth a 60-70 M transfer fee. IMO, bar Özil, he would automatically AFC best player if he could join.

MagicParis

AM's Resident PSG Supporter
I was thinking about Areola the other day when they were talking about Buffon possibly going to PSG. Young, big, good shot stopper from what I've seen. But surely they'd rather move Trapp, wouldn't they?

I would prefer that we keep Trapp (gives confidence to the team, good clearances, overall much better than Areola) but yep it will end up us selling Trapp to Dortmund for Weigl deal, signing Buffon and renewing Areola because he's from PSG academy....

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
I would prefer that we keep Trapp (gives confidence to the team, good clearances, overall much better than Areola) but yep it will end up us selling Trapp to Dortmund for Weigl deal, signing Buffon and renewing Areola because he's from PSG academy....

Why was Areola playing most of the time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I am immensely proud to say that I am the manager who has won the most FA Cups, and MY Arsenal are the club to lift it the most.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom