• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: Time to Shine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stannis

Surprised to see him with hector and auba in the away kit video.

Wonder if it means he is signing on?

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Wouldn’t surprise me if he signs and takes Iwobis opportunities, with Iwobi out on loan. Potentially an extra wide player coming in.

WAT.jpg

Stannis

probably waiting to meet Emery, I don't think any player, Laurent aside has yet, that or it hasnt been confirmed by the media

AMN is also in his last year, which lot of people are forgetting

Beast Incarnate

AMN is also in his last year, which lot of people are forgetting

Ffs we are comical when it comes to contracts.

Letting contacts run to the last year gives the player all the negotiating power.

I reckon we could have got Özil on 200k of we sorted his contract out 2 years ago instead of waiting until he had 6 months left.

I'm hoping the new regime sorts this.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Hope we see an announcement about a new contract shortly. Has the ability to be a breakthrough player this season.
He did well enough to put himself into contention for more game time, which ultimately is what I believe will be the deciding factor in signing a new deal. It was a subtle game from Nelson, mostly playing probing passes and looking to create 1v1s closer to the goal. But I thought he was continually dangerous and took his goal very well. What I want to see is Nelson in more goalscoring positions like for his goal, as that is where I think he can excel.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
I like his dribbling style and close control. Would like to see his decision making improve, but I've already seen progress in that regard based on today's game.

I completely forgot about the situation surrounding his contract. Has he been offered new terms or?

He's good mates with Jadon Sancho. Sancho left Citeh in similar circumstances to join Dortmund. I definitely reckon Nelson is after more first team opportunities.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I like his dribbling style and close control. Would like to see his decision making improve, but I've already seen progress in that regard based on today's game.

I completely forgot about the situation surrounding his contract. Has he been offered new terms or?

He's good mates with Jadon Sancho. Sancho left Citeh in similar circumstances to join Dortmund. I definitely reckon Nelson is after more first team opportunities.
So far all the messages coming from him suggest staying but he just hasn't signed the contract itself yet, he's only come out and said he's staying. Actions speak louder than words, as they say.

So far all the messages coming from him suggest staying but he just hasn't signed the contract itself yet, he's only come out and said he's staying. Actions speak louder than words, as they say.

It is weird because he talked openly about signing contract not long before Wenger announced that he was leaving as manager. That might have put everything couple of steps backwards that Nelson is working back now. Seeing how he him self fits with Emery and finding what plans Emery has in mind for him before he pens the paper.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Just watched the highlights of todays game. I've always liked him, him & Nketiah are my favourite young players. Can't wait for the season to start, Auba is going to be huge for us. I felt he had a stop start half season due to not being able to play EL and he still scored double figures. 25+ this season and that is being conservative.

Anders Harbo

Angry Scandinavian #6
Just watched the highlights of todays game. I've always liked him, him & Nketiah are my favourite young players. Can't wait for the season to start, Auba is going to be huge for us. I felt he had a stop start half season due to not being able to play EL and he still scored double figures. 25+ this season and that is being conservative.
Saturday’s game was absolutely useless to evaluate players or the team as a unit. Arsenal could field 40 players, and they would all look like the new Messi or Mbappe.
I’m hopefull for the new season, but to be honest, I have no clue how our signings will really streghten us - bar Torreira.

say yes

forum master baiter
Intriguing season on the way for him.

Really think he needs to bulk up if he wants to make it at the top level though.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
Intriguing season on the way for him.

Really think he needs to bulk up if he wants to make it at the top level though.

He looks like he has already bulked up slightly. I can see him getting a cover spot on the RW with Iwobi going out on loan if we somehow manage to pull off a deal for Dembele.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Saturday’s game was absolutely useless to evaluate players or the team as a unit. Arsenal could field 40 players, and they would all look like the new Messi or Mbappe.
I’m hopefull for the new season, but to be honest, I have no clue how our signings will really streghten us - bar Torreira.

I wasn't evaluating anything, just saying that Nelson is one of my favourite young players and that Auba will be huge for us this season. Neither of those statements were derived from watching this game!

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
The last story on his contract I can see is April 10th.

The Wenger exit announcement came the week after then nothing.

Its really a catch 22 if you play him now or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Young players need freedom of expression to develop as creative players... they should be encouraged to try skills without fear of failure.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom