• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

skummm

Give me six lines written by the most honest man in the world, and I will find enough in them to hang him...

The above pretty much sums up vast majority of the global media machine, the trolls that feed it and the idiots that lap it up.

Well done Mesut for taking a stand against the racist disingenuous bastards.

Here's to having a great season with a revitalised and re-tuned team!

Wryer

Özil tends to be emotionally led.

Hoping Emery has a good chat with him and channel his anger to a much improved season with us.

To shut people's mouth, there's no better way than that.

m-due

The DFB and the Anti-Özil camp in Germany are scrambling for a reply. There will be none. The emotionally charged letter will galvanize the fans and send shockwaves in Germany. I wonder if he will get any support or words of encouragement from his teammates. We will definitely see an energized Özil compounded with the fact we have a new regime at Colney; good for him.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Anyone else France being called Africa United is just as bad as Özil being called Turkish ?

Means racism is everywhere and in both success and failure
It's like both side of the same coin

Stannis

The point about Lothar Mattus and Putin is a great one. Without getting knee deep into the history of it, Putin has caused more damage to the west than any Turkish leader. Even this refugee crisis has been partially manufactured by his actions in Syria while Turkey has taken in the most people.

We all known though why he isn’t more critised by the far right though

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Also impressed how Özil left it to the last paragraph to announce his retirement from the national team, shows that its a lot bigger than football.

Any reaction in Germany yet?

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
The DFB and the Anti-Özil camp in Germany are scrambling for a reply. There will be none. The emotionally charged letter will galvanize the fans and send shockwaves in Germany. I wonder if he will get any support or words of encouragement from his teammates. We will definitely see an energized Özil compounded with the fact we have a new regime at Colney; good for him.
As long he doesn't return to international football, that's all I care about.

He's 29 going on 30 in a few months. He has already won a World Cup so why bother now?
I hope he puts all his energy into being the player we need him to be. Yes he was injured a lot last season, but he needs to get back in shape.
From a selfish point of view, he is our highest paid player. I expect our highest paid player to be our BEST player. Let's hope he shows it.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
I think Özil's real response which will make an impact will be this season. If he tears it up and leads us to trophies, DFB will come crawling over broken glass to apologise.

As for German fans, I doubt they'll care much about the letter. Mostly because it's in English, and other than that, how many people have ever cared about stuff like this?

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
DFB are going to feel like real chumps when this lad gets back to his best for us and leads us to European glory.

Very pleased with his reaction. Thought the whole saga was absolute toss. As he said, he is a footballer not a politician. The fact that so many people tie the two together is their problem not his.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
Writing his letter in English was part of the point - he doesn't feel German anymore.
I get the point, but the English of most Germans is passable at best.

That said, even if it was in German, it wouldn't achieve much. Nowadays, something like this will just be painted as Özil being a snowflake by the far right. It's sad, but it's what it is

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I get the point, but the English of most Germans is passable at best.

That said, even if it was in German, it wouldn't achieve much. Nowadays, something like this will just be painted as Özil being a snowflake by the far right. It's sad, but it's what it is
That is their problem. If they care enough to find out why he left they will. Nothing he says will change the minds of certain people.

Such a sad way to end a beautiful international career.

m-due

Anyone else France being called Africa United is just as bad as Özil being called Turkish ?

Means racism is everywhere and in both success and failure
It's like both side of

Throughout their campaign, I have seen folks label them “Frakanda” or one of the last remaining African teams in the competitions. That was ridiculous. It’s up to those players and those players alone to celebrate their Frenchness or their heritage.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Throughout their campaign, I have seen folks label them “Frakanda” or one of the last remaining African teams in the competitions. That was ridiculous. It’s up to those players and those players alone to celebrate their Frenchness or their heritage.
To be honest I kind of took pride in it. I am African. I felt represented in a way by all the players in the tournament who are African, have African roots or any other African affiliation.

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
I feel so proud of the reaction of our fans to this btw. Truly the best fanbase in the world. #IStandWithOzil trending, and people genuinely supporting him. That's what this club is about

That is their problem. If they care enough to find out why he left they will. Nothing he says will change the minds of certain people.

It's a problem for the whole world to have people like that tbh

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
I know people are hopeful here, but I agree with this statement. Even if DFB changes its ways, Özil will not play for Germany again. It's not DFB that hurt him, what they did was bad, but it was the German public's reaction that's really hurt Özil. He won't play again for them.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
To be honest I kind of took pride in it. I am African. I felt represented in a way by all the players in the tournament who are African, have African roots or any other African affiliation.
I would take pride if Radja Nainggolan lift the World Cup for Belgium as he is Indonesian descend.

I disagree with people blaming France because they play for France tho...
That part is one I think has the same racism taste as Özil's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Ian Wright was the incredible striker for whom those around him sometimes found hard to control especially the opponents. He was an extrovert, hyperactive, and had endured an extremely hard life. His playing style was instinctive, and he had that killer instinct, a player like no other.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom