• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UK Transfer Deadline Day Summer 2018

If you could only sign one player on DD, what position would it be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Suspect we are done, over to you Emery. I hope he can make us a bit more solid defensively...

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
We've been waiting for this m*dness to happen but maybe it just won't. Biggest m*dness might have been the Courtois/Kepa deal.

I agree it's a big worry, but you also have to have some faith in the power of coaching.

An extreme example would be Burnley last year. Their defence conceded so few goals, it was really very remarkable. They didn't defend so well because individually they had great defenders, they were decent, but because of Dyche's coaching. If Mark Hughes was coaching that exact same squad they'd have been in a relegation fight.

I've no idea how big an effect Emery will have, but i'm confident our defence will improve simply through better coaching. There's a limit to how far that can take you, it can't turn water into wine. But as long as there's a marked improvement that will be ok for the first season.

Burnley is whole different situation.
We are an offensive team which plays a high line. Our defenders get exposed more often vs a team that sits back and park the bus.

even with very good coaching a brain freeze from mustafi like it happened too often last year might cost us a game.

It's a shame because we have our best offensive force in years and the worst cb selection in years at the same time.
I don't want to waste a season of Özil / Aubam / Mkhi's prime.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Wow if Welbeck goes as well as Perez then that’s a serious thumbs up to Nelson, ESR and Nketiah to take the opportunity till Jan at the earliest!

For that reason I don't think Welbeck should leave. Nketiah would effectively replace his role in the squad. He's promising, but can he really do that? Can he perform the versatile defensive forward play that Welbeck can? I doubt it. Just because he's a good finisher doesn't mean he can replace the experience of Welbeck. I think we'd probably suffer for it at some stage.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Burnley is whole different situation.
We are an offensive team which plays a high line. Our defenders get exposed more often vs a team that sits back and park the bus.

even with very good coaching a brain freeze from mustafi like it happened too often last year might cost us a game.

It's a shame because we have our best offensive force in years and the worst cb selection in years at the same time.
I don't want to waste a season of Özil / Aubam / Mkhi's prime.

I did say Burnley was an extreme example. I'm perfectly aware that we're not going to play like Burnley. I was obviously just saying that our defence can improve with better coaching. Not sure where the disagreement is there.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
He looks like the Joker pre-scar.
F*ck me I feel silly. All the signs were there...
joker-dark-knight-wallpaper-bus.jpg

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

We have enough quality for top 4 im not too worried. I think big Mav will do better than people think.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
That's just down right nasty!
To be fair Jenkinson isn't showing any sense of shame. Anyone with an ounce of pride would be trying to rebuild his career at a lower level or abroad. He's just happy to take £45,000 a week even if it kills his career. Straight to the Job Centre after the Emirates the way things are going.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Priority should be to sell Welbeck. Campbell will go abroad before the end of August and Jenkinson can be loaned to Championship club. Ospina will be sold also.

Selling Welbeck guarantees minutes for Nelson,ESR and Nketiah.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Welbeck should go somewhere where he can be a regular starter if he gives a **** about his career

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

We don't sign superstars, we make them.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom