• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Chelsea v Arsenal | August 18, 2018 17:30 BST | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Uhm, the same applies for Cech, who even though is a PL legend, has been regressing for about a year and a half and some of the passes he was making against City shows that he's not gonna get any better.
If he'll be doing the same against his ex team, then he needs to be dropped so we can see what Leno has to offer.

I've complete trust in Emery and I'm sure he is taking all the right choices based on what he sees in training. Mind you, he has seen lot of both Leno and Cech this summer. He knows what both GKs has to offer.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Also doesn't help that our defenders can't think of anything to do with the ball other than pass it back.
I talked about this a few months ago when I suspected our CB's don't trust the CM's because of how bad they are at shielding the ball under pressure, which puts the CB's in a bad situation if the opponent/s get away from them.
That's why I think they prefer the safe pass back to the keeper, even if it does nothing for our attack.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Seems like Cech will start until he inevitably kicks it into his own net or straight to an opposition player pressing him.
Yup. I want to give Emery every chance of course but I do not like blatant stupidity and this will bite us at some point.

carter777

Thinks Poch Is The GOAT

Player:Saka
Be interested to see what we do at LB, Pedro has looked good playing at RW in this Sarri system. Should be a good game.

TheArsenalis

Oh dear oh dear. He is a grown man, he obviously felt a way about what he did.
Those idiots at leverkuson was insensitive with their comment. Idve told them to go F themselves.

I dont have to like it even if your trying to be funny.

m-due

It’s been a while since we won at the Bridge and those fools are probably happy Conte is gone. We had his number. For this game, I would like for Lacazette to start and continue his partnership with Auba. I admire And respect Cech but Leno should start. Emery’s philosophy is designed to have a keeper like Leno. Torreira will definitely make a difference if he starts. #COYG

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Difficult place to go for us, I hope we will win but think we might lose this one will be a close match.

Giroud12

Really no excuse for this one. We have had fewer players in the WC, a longer pre season, and Emery has, at least officially, had longer time to prepare for the new season.

On paper were as good as Chelsea and far superior in attack. I know its early but I would like to see the extreme preparations we've been hearing Emery likes to take. A Wenger like 0-2 defeat would be really dissapointing. Özil should step up and show hes worth the 300 K a week.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
If Emery decides to stick with 442 and the same game plan as against city then I’d like to se Mesut, Ramsey and Xhaka dropped for Iwobi, Laca and Torreira.

Torreira in for xhaka for obvious reasons, iwobi in for mesut because there’s no point in mesut chasing fullbacks for 90min, might as well put a more defensively capable player there and Laca in for Ramsey to improve our nonexistent hold up/link up play in the final third. He can press just as well and he’s more of a goal threat than Ramsey.
Cech
Hector Mustafi Sokratis Stephan
Iwobi Torreira Matteo mkhi
Laca Auba​

It’s not what I’m hoping for but I think this would improve what we were trying to do on Sunday.

Last edited:

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Thats his competency, he's a great goal saver and can deal with the physicality of PL defenders. But he isn't a ball player and if thats the way Emery wants to play then he should choose Leno. Also doesn't help that our defenders can't think of anything to do with the ball other than pass it back. Didn't I read something about Cech having the second highest no. of touches. Our team should try and use the last defender as a fulcrum and not the goalie, who should be the last resort really.
Absolutely spot-on. For too many years we have been passing the ball to the goalkeeper far too often putting whoever's in goal under pressure until the mistake arrives.

Hoof it forward or play it out if things don't look clear.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Have to say, still really freaking excited to watch us play again. Missed the Arsenal, and I believe Emery is a great fit for us. Imagine having somebody like Mourinho. Yeah you might win a europa league or something but playing like that...no thanks. Emery will do bits with Arsenal.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
I get all people who do no longer want Cech as our first GK based on the previous season.

Yet, completely odd that so many people using the last game as an argument, when he was actually doing pretty pretty good overall.

Alongside Liverpool we started with the worst opponent possible. He just did what Emery obviously told him to do, namely, to pass to the defender to initiate the build-up. Besides he had some amazing saves.

Only thing you can really criticize is him sometimes not just kicking it out to ease the pressure. He might have been eager not to do so even though it was a necessary evil because he wanted to impress Emery.

He had this one big howler where he almost created an own goal, but same as for dirty wins, we should not talk too much about ifs, but rather about what actually matters and in the end it was just a corner kick. In this regard, Cech deserves to be number one against Chelsea.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
If Emery decides to stick with 442 and the same game plan as against city then I’d like to se Mesut, Ramsey and Xhaka dropped for Iwobi, Laca and Torreira.

Torreira in for xhaka for obvious reasons, iwobi in for mesut because there’s no point in mesut chasing fullbacks for 90min, might as well put a more defensively capable player there and Laca in for Ramsey to improve our nonexistent hold up/link up play in the final third. He can press just as well and he’s more of a goal threat than Ramsey.
Cech
Iwobi Torreira Matteo mkhi
Laca Auba​

It’s not what I’m hoping for but I think this would improve what we were trying to do on Sunday.

I'd be happy with that team. My 2 main priorities for this game are;

1) Xhaka doesn't play
2) Both Laca & Auba start

Your team has both but I'd also be happy for Özil to play in place of Mkhi but as a 10 behind the front 2. For me you don't drop Özil after one game, he was forced back in the City game so his contribution to the attack was made to look poor. With the right players behind him he can shine in our attack. That's what I think anyway!

Cech
Iwobi Torreira Matteo

Özil
Laca Auba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom