• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

It's simple really.
They didn't bother to read his statement, just saw some headlines in newspapers.

I actually think it’s more sinister than that.

Rather than have a frank discussion about the wide ranging societal topics highlighted in Özil’s argument, the DFB creates a stupid straw man argument about the German team not being racist, handily avoiding the actual point of his post.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Maybe they can... if they buy him from us
gVoBC0SuaHStq.gif

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Fener just sold three of their best players to the saudi league because they don’t have any money and you guys entertain the idea that Mesut might move there. What, for free, you rate him that low?

**** off.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
amazing how quickly being wanted by a club turns into a likely January transfer

I sense a sub-text here - an assumption Özil, having spurned/been spurned by Germany, would be happier in the land of his Turkish origins - totally ignoring the evidence that he loves living in London, and experiences no racism there, or with his current club, not to mention the standard of living he enjoys

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Fener just sold three of their best players to the saudi league because they don’t have any money and you guys entertain the idea that Mesut might move there. What, for free, you rate him that low?

**** off.

It's not just that the football clubs don't have any money, kid president in the US has 'caused the Turkish Lira to fall massively with his sanctions, causing a financial crisis. Those clubs can buy/pay **** all right now.

I sense a sub-text here - an assumption Özil, having spurned/been spurned by Germany, would be happier in the land of his Turkish origins - totally ignoring the evidence that he loves living in London, and experiences no racism there, or with his current club, not to mention the standard of living he enjoys

Players of migrant heritage have always been linked to clubs in their country of origin just like players playing abroad are linked to going back to their homecountry or youth club. It's a default go to rumour and Mesut has been linked to Fener for all his life cause he once said he/his family are Fener supporters.

razörist

It's not just that the football clubs don't have any money, kid president in the US has 'caused the Turkish Lira to fall massively with his sanctions, causing a financial crisis. Those clubs can buy/pay **** all right now.
Yes I know, they have a lot debt, and now almost all foreign players and most Turkish players have in contracts guaranteed pay in Euro/Dollar. They have become way more expensive with the drop of the Lira and are rapidly eating into the reserves of the clubs.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Yes I know, they have a lot debt, and now almost all foreign players and most Turkish players have in contracts guaranteed pay in Euro/Dollar. They have become way more expensive with the drop of the Lira and are rapidly eating into the reserves of the clubs.
Exactly! They cant afford him in any way

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

This rumours happens every year. Maybe when he's 37 he'll join them but for the next few years he'll be an Arsenal player regardless of what happens.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I actually think it’s more sinister than that.

Rather than have a frank discussion about the wide ranging societal topics highlighted in Özil’s argument, the DFB creates a stupid straw man argument about the German team not being racist, handily avoiding the actual point of his post.
When I read this I had to laugh! Just totally absurd what you are writing. If you think a state organization in a liberal Western democracy like Germany can do something like that you are really kidding yourself.

I don’t think the DFB has necessarily handled this well, but Özil has been treated totally fair in my view. He should play better and act more grown up and that would take care of this. Gündogan handled this way better than our sulking mother’s boy.

razörist

When I read this I had to laugh! Just totally absurd what you are writing. If you think a state organization in a liberal Western democracy like Germany can do something like that you are really kidding yourself.

I don’t think the DFB has necessarily handled this well, but Özil has been treated totally fair in my view. He should play better and act more grown up and that would take care of this. Gündogan handled this way better than our sulking mother’s boy.
Why can’t a state organization in a liberal Western democracy by definition not do this? Shifting the narrative to avoid blame and fit their agenda is not something the Germans invented you know... happens every day.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Yes because when have we ever seen a Western government or state run organisation ever hide from massive issues by using cheap distraction tactics? Only f*cking constantly.

You’re right though, I’ve gone full conspiracy theorist on this one. Stay woke mate.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Yes because when have we ever seen a Western government or state run organisation ever hide from massive issues by using cheap distraction tactics? Only f*cking constantly.

You’re right though, I’ve gone full conspiracy theorist on this one. Stay woke mate.
Considering how the English FA treated Eni Aluko during her racism ordeal, that might be the dumbest post on this website. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If he sent an apology it must have been by horse

Arsène Wenger on apology from Ferguson

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale has agreed to join Newcastle this summer [Sky Sports News]

Latest posts

Top Bottom