• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
http://www.fussballtransfers.com/premier-league/Özil-das-ist-dran-an-den-fenerbahce-geruchten_95627

That, additionally to the fact that turkish clubs are out of cash, makes a move for Özil to Fener even more unlikely.

In summary, for anyone who doesn't speak German: Daily Mail reports according to FotoMac which again refer to Daily Star who, to make the fine circle complete, refer to the article of Daily Mail that refers to FotoMac :D

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Yes because when have we ever seen a Western government or state run organisation ever hide from massive issues by using cheap distraction tactics? Only f*cking constantly.

You’re right though, I’ve gone full conspiracy theorist on this one. Stay woke mate.
I don’t think you have any proof whatsoever for your statement about the DFB. So you are basically making up a conspiracy. Not that you are going full Trump, but it is still in your head.

Really not sure why you eat up what Özil is saying. He should play better and with more effort and most of this would go away. Instead he chose to sulk and then withdraw from playing in the national team.

If you think Özil was treated badly you should have seen how the German 1982 team was treated after their first round loss to Algeria. They were called everything under the sun by the papers and fans.

Özil needs to toughen up. He was really poor in the WC, has played poorly for way too long.

Last edited:

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Anyone who doubts DFB boss Grindel being an absolute **** should look up statements from his political days or at the recent mail leal re last week's game in Hoffenheim.

I sure believe Özil about him and his powerplay antics.

Reactions: A_G

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Anyone who doubts DFB boss Grindel being an absolute **** should look up statements from his political days or at the recent mail leal re last week's game in Hoffenheim.

I sure believe Özil about him and his powerplay antics.
Still think Özil needs to toughen up. Even if he has been unfairly treated and singled out I don't understand why he cannot buckle down and push on. Instead he withdraws and has his father talk about lack of "respect" and such. Think he has had way too much nice warm air up his backside by Wenger, Löw etc.

leo9903

Still think Özil needs to toughen up. Even if he has been unfairly treated and singled out I don't understand why he cannot buckle down and push on. Instead he withdraws and has his father talk about lack of "respect" and such. Think he has had way too much nice warm air up his backside by Wenger, Löw etc.
So if someone's getting racially profiled, they should just toughen it up and walk it off then? Look, we all and even our grandmas know you don't like Özil, and to a certain extend I agree, he does need to toughen up certain aspects of his game. However, the fact of the matter is that he's being put as a scapegoat for a wholly bad performance from the Germany NT, while mugs like Muller is running around like a headless chicken shouting "no racism in the team" to everyone.

Playing bad is one thing, you can fix that. Even I'd agree with anyone saying that he needs to step up his game. Being racially targeted is another thing. You don't just "buckle down and get on with it". You take a stand, otherwise the speech would go on for something like "I have a dream, but I think we all should just ignore it, buckle down and push on".

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I don’t think you have any proof whatsoever for your statement about the DFB. So you are basically making up a conspiracy. Not that you are going full Trump, but it is still in your head.

Really not sure why you eat up what Özil is saying. He should play better and with more effort and most of this would go away. Instead he chose to sulk and then withdraw from playing in the national team.

If you think Özil was treated badly you should have seen how the German 1982 team was treated after their first round loss to Algeria. They were called everything under the sun by the papers and fans.

Özil needs to toughen up. He was really poor in the WC, has played poorly for way too long.

Why do I need proof!? I’m not saying the DFB are responsible for the Kennedy assassination...

It’s self evident. Did Özil accuse the team of being racist? No.

So why are they coming out in the press about it.

Goonerozil33

proof of being treated nicely??? It is all in your head I say

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Why do I need proof!?
:) Didn’t you earlier say: “I actually think it’s more sinister than that.

Rather than have a frank discussion about the wide ranging societal topics highlighted in Özil’s argument, the DFB creates a stupid straw man argument about the German team not being racist, handily avoiding the actual point of his post.”?

Since this “sinister” effort on part of the DFB would be a conscious act involving at least several DFB members I thought having some proof such an effort had taken place to be good. But obviously not.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

:) Didn’t you earlier say: “I actually think it’s more sinister than that.

Rather than have a frank discussion about the wide ranging societal topics highlighted in Özil’s argument, the DFB creates a stupid straw man argument about the German team not being racist, handily avoiding the actual point of his post.”?

Since this “sinister” effort on part of the DFB would be a conscious act involving at least several DFB members I thought having some proof such an effort had taken place to be good. But obviously not.

Again, one more time lad, it’s self evident. But still, let’s break it down even more.

Did Özil say the DFB was racist?

Yes.

Did Özil say the German team was racist?

No.

Get it now?

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

So if someone's getting racially profiled, they should just toughen it up and walk it off then? Look, we all and even our grandmas know you don't like Özil, and to a certain extend I agree, he does need to toughen up certain aspects of his game. However, the fact of the matter is that he's being put as a scapegoat for a wholly bad performance from the Germany NT, while mugs like Muller is running around like a headless chicken shouting "no racism in the team" to everyone.

Playing bad is one thing, you can fix that. Even I'd agree with anyone saying that he needs to step up his game. Being racially targeted is another thing. You don't just "buckle down and get on with it". You take a stand, otherwise the speech would go on for something like "I have a dream, but I think we all should just ignore it, buckle down and push on".
Okay, I see your point. Just don’t think he has been “racially” targeted / profiled. Although I am not totally sure I understand what you mean by that.

He got into trouble for posting for photos with an autocratic populist strongman who frequently attacks Germany in the buildup to the WC. He chose not to explain himself when people rightly or wrongly were upset about that. I think he should have explained himself and faced the criticism. Instead he chose otherwise. He was silent and as I perceived it sulked. Just like he sulks on the pitch when things do not go his way. That’s why I say he needs to toughen up.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Again, one more time lad, it’s self evident. But still, let’s break it down even more.

Did Özil say the DFB was racist?

Yes.

Did Özil say the German team was racist?

No.

Get it now?
Now you are switching argument “lad”. We either discuss our arguments honestly or not.

Even better, let’s call it a day on this exchange. I doubt Özil will remain an Arsenal player for long anyhow. It will come to a head and he will want out. Don’t think he is a player who will work with Emery long term.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I was receiving offers from many other clubs and declining them all, even the most tempting ones. Juventus, Real Madrid, PSG contacted me, Bayern, France, England...I am happy to have been able to say no to more glory, more money, and to have been guided only by the idea of loyally serving the club. I had knitted myself a soul in Red and White.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom