• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Brighton and Hove Albion vs Arsenal | December 26th | KO: 17:15 | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Midtable tactics from Emery. Absolutely dreadful. Ramsey on for Guendouzi was the sub to make..

Edit: People saying Emery is doing so good are a bit deluded. We’re on the same level we were last season. Europa League quality team.

He’s not doing too bad but to say he’s doing really well is ridiculous. Especially after his failure today.

We’re 4th 1/2 way through the season. Emirates tickets selling strongly again.
What is it that you’re looking for at this point in his tenure?

Have patience everybody.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Exactly this.

Most of the goals we're conceiding are from brainfarts from our players which Emery can't fix.
Kolasinac against Utd, Lich today, Xhaka's penalty against Palace, and so many other ones.

If we had players who didn't give away so many cheap goals...
We conceding 2 goals a game that's won't make finish top 4 the forwards won't be on top every game. The defense need improving and need width then we can judge emery

Manberg

Predator
Lets be honest here. We knew the squad had big holes going in to the season and the defense was poor, old, injury prone or have hit their talent ceiling (not good enough) with maybe the exception of Holding.

But more to the point the teams above us have put years in to building squads that are quality and have played with each other in a worked on system for some time now. And they have managers that have been there a while apart from Chelsea, who look the weakest.

This is a project, Wenger went too late so it's a big project. Top 4 would be a big achievement. We have an important summer coming up as the longer we stay out of the top 4 the more likely we will be the new Liverpool and spend years well out of the race.

We need immediate progress though. I can’t handle being in the europa league again it’s humiliating.

MLK79

Elite Drama Queen
Nah, unless Chelsea sign a quality attacker in January it’s still there for us
What you need to remember is that our current position has been built on a striker that didn't miss for 3 months and a decent amount of luck for us. Once that reverts to normal, I can't see us making top 4. Heck, I think United has a better chance of it than we do. Even worse if Emery doesn't stop the nonsense he's been doing.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

We are not a better team than Sp**s. On our day we can smash anyone, however when our manager changes tactics and personnel every 5 minutes you're not getting anywhere. The **** have had the same team and tactics for years, they know each other much better.

Well potentially we should if he stopped shifting our best midfielder everywhere to accomodate his love child .

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

We need immediate progress though. I can’t handle being in the europa league again it’s humiliating.

Not possible with this squad though amd we were never spending hundreds of millions in the summer

progman07

Established Member
Guendouzi is Emery's Denilson/Diaby/Eboue, continues to play him regardless of form, opposition or tide of gameplay.

Emery can still turn it around, and he definitely doesn't have an easy job here, but if we lose Özil-Ramsey-(Lacazette) because he preferred Iwobi-Mykhartian-Guendouzi, our future is f***ed. We just do not have the financial position to allow these squad decisions, especially without CL.

All Emery should have been focusing on from Day 1 is finding Auba-Özil-Ramsey-Laca a way to play together, while tightening our defense. That combination has the required talent to challenge with proper additions. Yet here we are in the end of the year, 2 (3 if Laca is counted) of our 4 best attackers are not preferred, and our defense is as bad as it was under Wenger.

Aevi

Hale End FC
The result doesn't bother me as much as the performance. We're halfway through the season and if I'm being honest, I've only felt we put in a truly convincing performance a handful of times. Even with injuries and a need for more signings, that's not normal. I fully expect us to continue with the recent draws and losses.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Emery's having a very poor month, it's not like this is a one off now. As I said, he needs to be accountable for some very ordinary decisions. Even if Özil had to be subbed, why ****ing Iwobi again? The guy's been absolute piss. At least go with Ramsey, ffs.

Very poor month? Are you serious?
We won 3 games (including Tottenham who's the best team in the league just behind Liverpool during this period) lost 1 (we had no decent CB available except Koscielny coming back from injury) and drew 1.

All these while having suspensions and injuries.

You are overreacting mate.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
What you need to remember is that our current position has been built on a striker that didn't miss for 3 months and a decent amount of luck for us. Once that reverts to normal, I can't see us making top 4. Heck, I think United has a better chance of it than we do. Even worse if Emery doesn't stop the nonsense he's been doing.
Very harsh to say that winning run was down to luck

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

The result doesn't bother me as much as the performance. We're halfway through the season and if I'm being honest, I've only felt we put in a truly convincing performance a handful of times. Even with injuries and a need for more signings, that's not normal. I fully expect us to continue with the recent draws and losses.

It’s a worry. I have a horrible feeling a long collapse is coming soon.

We need to make some buys in January, midfield is starting to look light as well as the flanks and at the back.

Gooner_girl14

Are people actually calling for Emery's head? I think he's done very well so far, especially considering he's new to the league and can barely speak English. Top 4 was always going to be very difficult as Liverpool, City and Sp**s all have well established managers and teams, but we remain in the conversation which is important (and perhaps the best we could have hoped for this season). Just ask Man U fans how hard it is to replace a long-term manager - in contrast we've done well so far.

blaze_of_glory

I"m convinced we would have won the game if he had just pulled a Wenger and not changed anything until the 70th. At which point we would have been up by a couple. We were so close to scoring a few more in the first half and we would have worn them down with Laca continuing to play the way he was, dragging them out of position, etc.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

It's the weird subs, the **** with Özil and the persisting with underperformers thats bothering me. Cant make sense of it.

We need to make some buys in January, midfield is starting to look light as well as the flanks and at the back.

If we can find a top quality in January we should go out and spend money. But buying more 15 M players who at first appears to be decent but come with huge luggage with them we are better off just trying to develop our own academy players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I am immensely proud to say that I am the manager who has won the most FA Cups, and MY Arsenal are the club to lift it the most.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom