• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Liverpool vs Arsenal | December 29th | KO: 17:30 | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Plutarch

That was worse than I expected and I wasn't expecting much. I was pleased by Iwobi's performance, and AMN's, but there was nothing else good. Our defensive errors are appalling. Apparently our defenders can't stop making them so we need new, better defenders.

Lady_Gooner

Posting While Meditating
Trusted ⭐

We all know emery isn’t in the elite managers but with our board we can’t attract them. Liverpool we’re finishing 8th with klopp not that long ago. He needs severe backing in the transfer window. Not 1 good signing with 5 duds to make it look like we’ve done a #madness. We need 3 top calibre players.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Honestly don't feel too bad after that, we know this team is going to suffer with a few injuries at the back. No Bellerin, no Holding and a half-fit Mustafi was always going to be too much to overcome against that team.

Yup would have been completely different if they had at least held on for 10 mins , but conceding the 1st in the manner just dented the whole team . Michael Oliver is a **** .

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Honestly don't feel too bad after that, we know this team is going to suffer with a few injuries at the back. No Bellerin, no Holding and a half-fit Mustafi was always going to be too much to overcome against that team.

Tbf even without any injuries I imagine we’d struggle at Anfield. Our defence isn’t good enough to begin with and on top of that it’s weakened by injuries.

To say we’re going through a rough patch would be an understatement, although the stats people would probably just say our results have realigned with our performances.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Might be skewed due to recent memory but this last few weeks genuinely feels like the worst defence we’ve ever had.

3 of our first choice 4 out but still...

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I still think we would have lost this by 4+ goals had all of those players been playing.

We were riding our luck for long parts this season. With the form Liverpool were playing at they were always going to capitalise on our individual mistakes.
It's possible, but playing Mustafi who wasn't fit and Lichsteiner who's crap made it nearly impossible.

Manberg

Predator
Klopp bought CBs like Matip to get into the EL and improved players like Lovren massively.

We will not get an top class CB without CL.

Nonsense. VVD was at Celtic for 2 years and Southampton for 3 years before Liverpool took the chance on him.
Emery has to find the right player and Kroenke needs to give him the money.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Losing Holding is beginning to look more and more like the beginning of the end for our top four hopes

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
should've scored a few more. That's like the only thing I expected from the game

Reactions: A_G

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Klopp bought CBs like Matip to get into the EL and improved players like Lovren massively.

We will not get an top class CB without CL.

We bought Aubameyang with out CL footie - there's always a way to buy top players if you've got the cash and the will.

Alkane

I was just about to post this.

It's infuriating. I've got nothing against Sokratis, he's decent but he isn't the level we need to take our defence up a level. He cost us £18M, that's £18M that could have gone into buying a truly top level CB. Why do we keep doing this to ourselves?

I'd rather spend all our budget on one class player than 2-3 jobbers.
Exactly mate. Liverpool were very clever in how they behaved in the transfer market past 2-3 years. Whole world knew their defense and gk were their weak points. Instead of getting marginal upgrades they waited and spent that money on quality that significantly improved their team.

Im worried we have limited funds, and that we will continue to sign sub standard players (e.g. currently linked with Cahill and Banega). Additionally it is criminal we have allowed Alexis, Ramsey, Welbeck to leave for basically nothing. A shambles all round.

Those 3 could've been £100m to reinvest in the team if we had handled their conracts better or in the case of Welbeck sold him sooner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I am asked why I stayed at Arsenal so long.. my answer is simple; I never wanted to be anywhere else. I could have earned a lot more elsewhere, but that wouldn't compensate for all the good years at Highbury.

David O'Leary
Top Bottom