• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out

I know it's not the Özil thread, but surely Özil has to make the bench?
He’s trying to force him out of the club. Not the smartest thing to do to a player who doesn’t need to play football for a national team call up anymore and is on a huge salary that practically makes him impossible to sell without losing money.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Or maybe defence was always a problem for Emery teams in the past, and there's no reason to expect that to change now he's with Arsenal.
We're talking about what level of influence Bould has...

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
He’s trying to force him out of the club. Not the smartest thing to do to a player who doesn’t need to play football for a national team call up anymore and is on a huge salary that practically makes him impossible to sell without losing money.
It's so dumb at this point. I was initially with Emery but we lack creativity and apparently can't sign anyone either, so why not play Özil?

blaze_of_glory

Imagine trying to force your best player out of the club when he's just signed a record deal, loves the team, the team loses without him and can't do the one thing that player is good at, and it's your first 6 months as manager and you have nothing to point to to show you can be successful with this team.

say yes

forum master baiter
My boy, @say yes was right all along:

I know you're just having a bit of fun but I don't depart from anything I said there; in fact, it substantiates my position now.

Wenger was past it at the end and had lost much of what used to make him special but I've always maintained both that (a) the quality in our squad is pretty rubbish; and (b) replacing Arsène was going to be difficult for anyone and we may even decline in the short-term.

For what it's worth, we haven't declined. Emery is getting more points out of a Wenger-squad than Wenger himself managed so, even accounting for our recent slump, I do find this current hysteria a little bizarre. I'm excited to see what the new manager can do when he's got more of his own players at the club and it hasn't even crossed my mind to doubt him yet.

Judge him in May 2020.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I think it's time emery get a defensive coach we were forgiving bould because maybe of wenger ignoring his advice but this season it's showing he useless

Imagine trying to force your best player out of the club when he's just signed a record deal, loves the team, the team loses without him and can't do the one thing that player is good at, and it's your first 6 months as manager and you have nothing to point to to show you can be successful with this team.

No player is bigger than the club. Respect the managers authority.

Polar Bear

Well when Wenger left I just wanted a manager who would seriously improve and fix our defence, because our defence has been really bad for a very long time. But sorry to say he has not fixed it at all, its exactly the same or its got slightly worse. Not happy

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It's his lack of style that concerns me. Why is he playing 3 at the back? That formation only works if You play one touch passes around the corner. We don't play one touch passes. Our build up is as slow as ever. He is playing Guendouzi every game when he doesn't deserve it. Auba is now on the right. His attacking sub was a full back for a full back.

The argument that he needs the players to implement his style is a flawed one. He should be implementing his style regardless. Problem is I don't think he has one

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Untitled.jpg
What a difference three months makes

You see everything ffs
Analogna%20bullet%20kamera%20za%20video%20nadzor%20SF%20338E.png

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Emery is a nightmare come true as a fan of the football club. I always disliked the Simeone/Mourinho style of football, I became a fan because of the way Wenger made us play beautiful football.

And now we have a manager who prefers Iwobi/Mkhitaryan/Welbeck over Mesut Özil. :(

Whatever happened to the "I like winning 5-4 rather than 1-0" promises? Now the man has us playing with 8 defensive players every game.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
General consensus here was that Wenger had no tactics, didn't coach defense, never reacted to anything happening during the games just subbed out the same players at the same time no matter what, made every player worse to the point you couldn't judge them until you saw them under a new manager and had no offensive system; just let the players do whatever they wanted..

If Emery can't come in and immediately improve on that, what does that say about him?

Only way what we are seeing now is not disappointing is if Wenger only failed as a "squad builder" and not as a manager, which is not true as Wenger couldn't get the best out of the squad the last 2 years especially and massively underperformed..

So far I've felt Emery deserves another season, but he needs to show more the rest of the season.. Even if the results is not there, we need to play better, more offensive football, there has to be a clear plan we are building towards(and that better not be this **** system with fullbacks being the main offensive weapon) and something that gives hope that things will be better in the future. There's 0% chance I'll ever back a negative manager, that's just principles..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I am immensely proud to say that I am the manager who has won the most FA Cups, and MY Arsenal are the club to lift it the most.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom