• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Laca the Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
You are bonkers if you think yesterday was anything more than a bad game from him in particular.
Aubameyang actually has a lot of frustrating games, he usually scores anyway. That's just the type of player he is. I see him as a world class player of course but its purely from his goals. In terms of technical ability or build/hold up play he is so far behind the likes of kane and aguero.

The thing is though we are lucky to have such a goal machine so we need to play to his strengths, provide him the ball in the box with him facing the goal. Our attacking midfielders around him should easily cover for his lack of ball control, they just arent right now. Özil has been dissapointing, Mkhy been poor. Best help has been Laca and Iwobi this season but that isnt good enough, they arent playmakers

OSBK

Established Member
If we had giroud atill we would be in the bottom 3.

Our front 2 are the least of our problems, a few poor games and they get slammed. Them 2 and Torreira have carried us this season.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Giroud left a year ago now. For the love of god please stop going on about him here, let’s keep it to the ex-player thread.

You can follow his exploits on any Chelsea forum, spoiler alert - this is an example of a recent post:

“Oliver Giroud is an exact carbon copy of Didier Drogba except for touch, goal scoring and heading.

Neatly coufirred hair and the ability to regularly miss-control a 5 yard wall pass does not mean he should be paid £30k a week and be allowed to wear a Chelsea shirt.

I know some Arsenal fans. A few personally. And they are laughing their tits off that he gets to play for us.”

Zaza

I was with you until you said one of them has to go. Aubemayang has better numbers than Aguero, Kane, Firmino and anyone at Chelsea or Man U since he arrived. I think only Salah matches him.

You are bonkers if you think yesterday was anything more than a bad game from him in particular.
Uh no. Auba relies on service. No service = no goals.
When he isn't scoring he's practically useless(no offence to him)

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I can see why neither Arsène or Emery seem to fully back him and how he doesn't get in France NT, he lacks a certain je ne sais quoi, Not strong, fast or a great finisher, he has great technique but other than that he's lacking.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Giroud was criticized for not scoring 20 league goals a season.
Lacazette is on his way to do the same the second season in a row.
We paid 50m for a striker who barely improved us.
The difference being that Giroud was given every opportunity to do so through consistently being handed starts and left on the pitch even when he was lazy and useless while a harder working and more clinical player in Laca has been borderline sabotaged by 2 managers now being left out of the starting XI or pulled early for no good reason. But who needs context when their only goal is to be a second rate troll.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Giroud was always a hard worker, especially when he was establishing himself

A lot of his value was in making the CB work hard

skip spence

Never was that top striker we were longing for all those years with Giroud. Think Arsené knew all along but finally caved in after not being able to sign his preferred targets.

Still not convinced he is better for Arsenal than his country man was. Giroud certainly has been much more important for France than Laca has. And more prolific for Arsenal thus far.

What he lacks I think is is acceleration. His playing style demands an explosive edge and he hasn't got it.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
A few weeks back I said I can see Laca being sold in the summer, partly because we can get money for him and partly because Auba is a better CF so spend the money on a fast winger. It wasn't very popular, now I'm seeing more people acknowledging that Laca is lacking!

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
A few weeks back I said I can see Laca being sold in the summer, partly because we can get money for him and partly because Auba is a better CF so spend the money on a fast winger. It wasn't very popular, now I'm seeing more people acknowledging that Laca is lacking!

He isnt thou

Laca is clearly the better CF
Auba Scores more but Laca with his linkup play and his pressing game is involved more
Laca is more Mobile and speedier than Giroud and thus an upgrade even if he is not a target man

Auba Scores from The wing to so play both

Heck play both upfront that creates a spot for Özil to so it should be a no brainer

We gotta get lineup with most/all our best players on the pitch at the same time
That is 352

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I can see why neither Arséne or Emery seem to fully back him and how he doesn't get in France NT, he lacks a certain je ne sais quoi, Not strong, fast or a great finisher, he has great technique but other than that he's lacking.

But that is kinda his strength

He is elite

Not bad at anything
And he is a good to Great finisher

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
He isnt thou

Laca is clearly the better CF
Auba Scores more but Laca with his linkup play and his pressing game is involved more
Laca is more Mobile and speedier than Giroud and thus an upgrade even if he is not a target man

Auba Scores from The wing to so play both

Heck play both upfront that creates a spot for Özil to so it should be a no brainer

We gotta get lineup with most/all our best players on the pitch at the same time
That is 352

I didnt even mention Giroud!

In my opinion, Auba is a better CF due to his pace, he can break and get in on crosses. Laca is a good CF but lacks pace. We'll see how it pans out in the summer, as I've said before, I wouldnt be surprised to see Laca sold.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

But that is kinda his strength

He is elite

Not bad at anything
And he is a good to Great finisher

Bro I'm questioning if there's something wrong with us lol, but I think Lacazette is awesome, a much more rounded and impressive player than I thought we bought.

I honestly think the fact that he hasn't been consistently playing since his spell earlier in the season (until two games ago) has hurt him slightly but I think consistently playing up front; 20 goal striker league only.

He's much better than Giroud I should add, atleast for me personally.

Way better and more clutch finisher; Cardiff 3-2, Liverpool 1-1, Everton 1-0 all extremely clutch and important goals.

He is more much more agile and more quick than Giroud.

He is good with his feet, Giroud was but Lacazette's feet are definitely faster; for Auba's goal against Brighton the fancy footwork lol.

His only real disadvantage compared to Giroud is his aerial ability for obvious reasons.

I think if you drop Lacazette into the same circumstances Giroud had; consistently picked as the main striker for 5+ years? He gets a bagful and he'd break 20 a couple of times in the league alone, something Giroud has never done in the EPL despite the opportunity he was granted at Arsenal.

It's not to say Giroud wasn't good; he was good fjor us don't get me wrong, I just think Lacazette is much better.

ksarp

In my opinion, Auba is a better CF due to his pace, he can break and get in on crosses.

Pace? What pace? Tell us about a play that resulted in a decent chance or a goal from his pace this season, please.

The guy is a one dimensional hack who contributes nothing outside of scoring. Even then, he has a habit of not burying easy chances.

LG10

Pace? What pace? Tell us about a play that resulted in a decent chance or a goal from his pace this season, please.

The guy is a one dimensional hack who contributes nothing outside of scoring. Even then, he has a habit of not burying easy chances.
Auba has the best movement in the league. I agree that he doesn't score goals with his pace, its his superb movement that does the job.

hope1

You have to play strikers consistently. Imagine Auba playing bit part role like laca and he won't be near the number of goals he is scoring.

Laca was scoring too till Manu game. After that our manager single handedly made laca frustrate with his decisions.

Laca Auba and Özil has to start every game. Its plain and simple.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes

In my opinion, Auba is a better CF due to his pace, he can break and get in on crosses. Laca is a good CF but lacks pace. We'll see how it pans out in the summer, as I've said before, I wouldnt be surprised to see Laca sold.

We are much more limited when playing Auba

If he doesnt score he is more of a passanger

Even when Laca doesnt score he is involved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

As far as i'm concerned, Tony Adams is the effing Empire State Building

Ian Wright

Latest posts

Top Bottom