• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malky

Established Member
He could have gave us a low profile good enough season and we could have cash him after that.
Now his value is on the floor.

Terrible move.

Agreed. I can't understand the clubs/Emery's thinking behind this. Özil just signed a very lucrative contract that no other club would pay and now he's made it obvious he doesn't want him.
Don't think he's acted very professional in this. He's screwed any chance of receiving a decent fee.
We could lose Ramsey and Özil in January and we'll be lucky to get, a combined, £30M for both. Awful business!

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
If Özil has anything about him, he will force his way back in and try to get a move in the summer. Maybe Mourinho can save him?

It's a shame because he's a brilliant footballer. Emery is our future though, not Özil.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Agreed. I can't understand the clubs/Emery's thinking behind this. Özil just signed a very lucrative contract that no other club would pay and now he's made it obvious he doesn't want him.
Don't think he's acted very professional in this. He's screwed any chance of receiving a decent fee.
We could lose Ramsey and Özil in January and we'll be lucky to get, a combined, £30M for both. Awful business!
Don't forget he resigned when Wenger was still in as manager though, it's pretty obvious Emery has other plans for the club & players he wants. It is pretty bad business though I'll admit that. Hopefully he still wants him but just making clear he has to work harder to be in his team. I think I can tell he has high hopes for Iwobi though the amount of time he's getting.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Diego Simeone buying Özil - as if...

“Our line is to think about Arsenal. They are a very direct team,” Simeone told reporters at a news conference.

“They have many players between the lines, who float in a difficult place to score. ‘They have a lot of speed in the last third.

“Özil is the most dangerous player they have, because of his creativity and vision of the game,” he said.

while Simeone has identified playmaker Mesut Özil as a potential Arsenal dangerman.

"He has incredible vision," he said. "He manages the speed of transitions at Arsenal - if he wants his team to play quickly he will get them playing quickly.

"It's up to us to make it the kind of game we want to have and be brave."

Singled him out as our biggest threat before the Europa semis.. Seems to rate him highly.

blaze_of_glory

If he goes it will be sad because you get the feeling we won't see a genuine elite superstar talent in Arsenal colours for a long time. I guess Auba could be considered one of them, but he's not likely to be here for more than another season or two either.

We've always had at least one or two in the side in the 20ish years I've watched this team. From Begkamp/Vierra/Henry to Cesc and RvP, to Mesut and Alexis (could argue Santi as well).. I'll miss that if we head the way it's looking, even if we can put together a decent side.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Imagine him and Ramsey both went in January. Atleti-Juve in the CL would be a must watch.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Atletico don't create many chances. Mesut would make them score more goals.

Tears in my eyes, me and my boy @Rex Banner enjoying Mesut and Griezzy masterclasses at the Wanda Metropolitano.

He doesn’t hate “lazy” players, he put up with Arda’s bullsh*t for years. You have to be a team player though.

Mesut’s whole game is making chances for team mates.

Savic is currently second in our team for assists ffs. Absolute dream transfer. Him laying it on for Griezmann is sexual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

To all the Arsenal lovers:
Take care of the values of the club. My love and support forever.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom