• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Club confirm Sven Mislintat leaving Arsenal on February 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Thought it was agreed in summer that it was best for someone like Sven to identify the players over a manager, and then it’s up to them to work with the squad.
Not for me. A chief scout should help to identify players, in conjunction with the manager, but the decision to buy (if money is there) should be the manager's.

It isn't the scout who works with the players and is in charge of the team on match days so the manager, who bears the public responsibility for failure, should have the final say on who he wants in the team.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

This is just sad

Maybe they need to bring in a group that already knows each other, loves the club and can thusly avoid petty "office-politics" and powerstruggles

Joint managership Henry/Paddy

Keown defensive coach
Pires offensive coach
Dennis head of recruitment/data analyst
Freddie headscout
Lehmann strength/cardio

Etc etc
Believe me you don't want Bergkamp back at Arsenal in such a role. He is actually a really arrogant guy who does not work well with others. At Ajax he once said to the manager Peter Bosz when talking about transfers that Bosz shouldn't have a say, because he hasn't played at a high level himself. Bosz said that he played for Feyenoord and Dennis just replied "exactly".

neimad

Some in the game see him as a difficult character - his time at Dortmund turned sour - and increasingly at Arsenal he seems to have been operating in isolation, although he is highly respected.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46886457

I love this quote. I get a mental image of Sven missing for weeks and he's actually in the jungles of South America drinking whiskey at this dodgy bar. All dishevelled but wearing a white fedora and unbuttoned shirt. Showing people this black and white photo of a young footballer he's been on the trail of but unsure of his exact location. Muttering to himself and cursing. Raul arrives then with a couple of Kroenke's goons to help bring him home and puts a chloroform-soaked handkerchief around his mouth to knock him out. "Oh Sven" he sighs as the goons carry him off to the waiting jet.....

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

No more bald frauds.

Ajax are about to get raided by Europe’s elite again. Drive a dump truck full of money up to Overmars’ house.
I would seriously be happy if we could get Overmars. It seems a logical step upwards for him. He did really wel at Ajax, they have the best team in ages and twice the club's market value in the bank.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I love this quote. I get a mental image of Sven missing for weeks and he's actually in the jungles of South America drinking whiskey at this dodgy bar. All dishevelled but wearing a white fedora and unbuttoned shirt. Showing people this black and white photo of a young footballer he's been on the trail of but unsure of his exact location. Muttering to himself and cursing. Raul arrives then with a couple of Kroenke's goons to help bring him home and puts a chloroform-soaked handkerchief around his mouth to knock him out. "Oh Sven" he sighs as the goons carry him off to the waiting jet.....
Indiana Sven and the Temple of Goons... starring Stan Kronke as the Chief Goon.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Not for me. A chief scout should help to identify players, in conjunction with the manager, but the decision to buy (if money is there) should be the manager's.

It isn't the scout who works with the players and is in charge of the team on match days so the manager, who bears the public responsibility for failure, should have the final say on who he wants in the team.
Hes not a manager though hes a coach totally different.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Believe me you don't want Bergkamp back at Arsenal in such a role. He is actually a really arrogant guy who does not work well with others. At Ajax he once said to the manager Peter Bosz when talking about transfers that Bosz shouldn't have a say, because he hasn't played at a high level himself. Bosz said that he played for Feyenoord and Dennis just replied "exactly".
I'd want him to say exactly that to anyone who played for Sp**s.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Whatever you want to call him he is the man who is responsible to get a result. That man, for me, has to have the say on who he wants on the pitch and in the squad.
He has input and possibly final say but on the whole hes given the players to work with.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Just look at this don.
14816696252718.jpg

Mislintat out, Monchi & Nzonzi in.
We go again.

Funny thing is, as of now, Monchi is just pure guess/wish work to make it more bearable to cope with Sven's departure. Basically the only one who could make it kinda acceptable that he leaves because he's of similar level

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Some people have made some misunderstood comments about what a scout really is. There’s this idea that true prestige for a scout can only be had if they spot a player in total obscurity who no one knew and they become a star. That’s not how it is.

A good scout is simply someone who judges whether a player will be good and then they go on to be good, which involves analysis of performances and character. It doesn’t necessarily matter how many other scouts know about the player. By that key criterion, Mislintat is a damn good scout. He’s brought in many players to clubs that have gone on to play very well, simple as that. His portfolio is one of the best in the business.

Some people just never want to admit that something bad might be happening to their club, and will twist whichever turn of events into a positive. “Well he never really found anyone, he didn’t even scout at least one bombarding fullback from the tribespeople of South Sudan, he ain’t all that imo”. Bullsh*t, if down the line Mavropanos and Guendouzi become very good players, which they well could do, then guess what, you’ll have Mislintat to thank.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
He has input and possibly final say but on the whole hes given the players to work with.
I understand and disagree with that. A manager or coach who has the ultimate responsibility for success on the pitch must be given the best possible players the club can afford according to his views, not the views of a scout.

The alternative is what we are seeing. Conspiracies, in-fighting, jostling for position, the most expensive player in our history outside the match-day squads and no money to bring players in.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Call me an eejit but Mislintat was genuinely the best and most promising part of the club. I literally wrote just that in a post the other day. He’s our best asset, akin to a star centre forward. This is f*cking dreadful news, no two ways about it.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Call me an eejit but Mislintat was genuinely the best and most promising part of the club. I literally wrote just that in a post the other day. He’s our best asset, akin to a star centre forward. This is f*cking dreadful news, no two ways about it.

Should at least make our feeelings heared by anyone who's in the stadium for our next game.
A proper goodbye song for Sven and a proper **** off Raul and Kroenke when we're at it as well.

isop

Not bothered by this. His diamond eye has been blown way out of proportion. The only player he plucked from obscurity was Lewandowski.

Kagawa flopped in England.
Auba was known in France and Mslintat was not responsible for him becoming a striker.
People on here wanted us to sign Dembele before he went to Dortmund.
People wanted us to sign Torreira on here before we bought him.

Other than that, on his watch we have bought:

Sokratis- ex Dortmund and old.
Miki- ex Dortmund and old.
Auba- ex Dortmund and old.
Lichtsteiner- Old.
Mavropanos- hyped because he came from no where, but hasn't shown much yet.
Guendouzi- overhyped because he is young.

Leno- doing okay but already known.

For someone of his reputation and who obviously had a list of players before he ended up coming to us I'm not exactly thrilled by our business. He left Dortmund in a dispute over Oliver Torres as he believed he would be the next Gundogan.
He scouted dembele before he even kicked a ball in the first team, while he was in the youth team , kept tabs on him and contact with him which was a major reason he agreed to move to Dortmund, along with their policy of developing young players. Many fans and top teams only wanted him after he started making noticeable waves in first team football.
He has done a lot more than what you are suggesting during his time at Dortmund and the dispute with Dortmund is more complex than you are making it out to be, namely involving another aggressor, Tuchel, who is known as a difficult character.
Apart from Mhkitaryan I'd say he's done well here for transfers. And it's not like Mhki isn't talented either, seems to be a mentality thing with both him and Özil.
Leno, Sokratis, Torreira, Lichsteiner are all very good players imo.
Mavropanos and Guendouzi also fit the bill as talented young prospects with potential to be very good/great.
He's a big loss.

Last edited:

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Some people have made some misunderstood comments about what a scout really is. There’s this idea that true prestige for a scout can only be had if they spot a player in total obscurity who no one knew and they become a star. That’s not how it is.

A good scout is simply someone who judges whether a player will be good and then they go on to be good, which involves analysis of performances and character. It doesn’t necessarily matter how many other scouts know about the player. By that key criterion, Mislintat is a damn good scout. He’s brought in many players to clubs that have gone on to play very well, simple as that. His portfolio is one of the best in the business.

Some people just never want to admit that something bad might be happening to their club, and will twist whichever turn of events into a positive. “Well he never really found anyone, he didn’t even scout at least one bombarding fullback from the tribespeople of South Sudan, he ain’t all that imo”. Bullsh*t, if down the line Mavropanos and Guendouzi become very good players, which they well could do, then guess what, you’ll have Mislintat to thank.

There’s no middle ground though. It’s either “really bad news for the club” or “he didn’t do anything anyway”. Yes he’s very good at his job but there’s been a falling out because he seemingly hasn’t got what he wanted and he will step down because of it. We will find another chief scout or technical director and move on. They might sign some **** players, they might sign some good players, they might not sign as many good players as Sven could have, but **** happens. Acting like this is one of the worst things to ever happen is just over the top dramatic bollocks.

People seemed to have this idea that Sven would come in and make signings on the cheap like Dembele. That wasn’t realistic. If you tried to sign the player Dembele was when he was coming out of Rennes he’d cost you £50m in todays market. I mean he could carry on signing players like Guendouzi and Mavropanos but they won’t be getting us competing for the league (probably not even top 4) any time soon. We’ve been heavily linked to Pepe who is presumably a Sven signing. They’re asking for £50m for him. Is that really what Sven was brought here for? The way the market is in football now means it would’ve been very difficult for him to do the job most expected of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It is well known the referees are protected very well like the lions in the zoo so we have to live with their decisions

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom