• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: How Good Can He Become?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Our academy is strong right now and hopefully we can get a couple of players up to the first team!

Saka is the one Ornstein mentioned as our big talent and Saka is also the one who I've been big on since last season. Didn't expect him to get the call up to the seniors this season which tell he is rated very very highly by coaches that are all wiser than us.

About Nketiah, I don't understand people who say he lack technical ability. He has demonstrated this two games he has played this season that he has it all, technical and even dribbling ability, he works harder for the team than Auba and Lacazette combined, he can link up and moves well. The only thing missing so far is his biggest ability at under age levels and that is scoring goals. That will come naturally for him with more game time.

About Willock then he has been our best player at u23 level, we are talking about a total domination not just in terms of physicality like some who don't watch u23 games think but also positional and tactical terms. He is full of energy, press, wins the ball and drives teams forward. And he hasn't been that bad in the two final games in the EL. He scored goal and while he could have done better attacking wise in the second game he played he was defending very well and pressing very well.

I'm very excited by the wealth of talent we are seeing from the academy!

Being top talent is only half job done. People need to realize that the next thing is to convert their talent and academy levels to a senior football. Some players does this instantly like Fabregas and Rooney while some players take their time. Some never manage to do that but there is nothing wrong being fan of certain talent and hope he makes it with our team and you don't have to fill a thread with posts how you felt betrayed when the certain talent didn't make it and how you are never gonna believe in it again either.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Being top talent is only half job done. People need to realize that the next thing is to convert their talent and academy levels to a senior football. Some players does this instantly like Fabregas and Rooney while some players take their time. Some never manage to do that but there is nothing wrong being fan of certain talent and hope he makes it with our team and you don't have to fill a thread with posts how you felt betrayed when the certain talent didn't make it and how you are never gonna believe in it again either.
The amount of times I've seen players who I was almost certain would make it, only to not do so, you'd think I'd be burned out by it now.

Not by a longshot! It's all in the game.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
He was very imporessive against Qarabag on Thursday. He still has a long way to go till he gets first team football though. He needs to be consistent firstly at U23 level and then transform that consistency to his first team appearances. If he can keep showing that confidence he showed on Thursday aginst better defenders and also on a consistent basis, he'll be defnitely on his way to becoming a very good player for the club.

I hope you are right but I don‘t have great hopes for Willock and Nketiah. Saka and Medley are still unknown quality for me, even though they have impressed in the little time they got. ESR and Nelson are our top talents and will surely make it unless they get some bad injuries.
I understand your doubt of him especially since we haven't produced a top talent that would go on to become our first team starter at CF in the near past and especially since guys we had hope for like Afobe and Aneke couldn't quite cut it at the senior level! However am sure you would agree that this guy's raw talent ****s on those of the aforementioned at the same stage of their careers.

I guess he could do with a loan in a PL club where he would get serious minutes and just then we will be able to see just how good he can be.
I personally have very high hopes for this kid and I am rooting for him to be Auba 's replacement in two three years time. If only he can put up some CR 7's level of commitment during training, the sky will be the limit for him!

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Just wanted him to get a touch ffs :lol:
Me too, it's the reason why I hate when players come on in the last 10 mins of a game. No time to do anything and nobody really passes to you. It's often down to scant opportunity at that point.

Still, he can say he made a PL debut and he's barely 17. I'm sure we will see a lot more of him in the near future. He's one of our biggest talents out of Hale End.

9jagooner

The Academy isn't that strong. There 3 or 4 key players without whom they struggle to win games. Checkout their winless run when Saka, Willock and Nketiah were with the first team.

On another note, I'm surprised Iliev is still with the Academy Maybe when Cech leaves at end of season, he'll be promoted to first team.

Edited: Just remembered this is Saka thread not Academy thread. Apologies

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The Academy isn't that strong. There 3 or 4 key players without whom they struggle to win games. Checkout their winless run when Saka, Willock and Nketiah were with the first team.

On another note, I'm surprised Iliev is still with the Academy Maybe when Cech leaves at end of season, he'll be promoted to first team.

Edited: Just remembered this is Saka thread not Academy thread. Apologies

The academy is very strong. You have to consider how many players come through it and that if you produce 1 first team player per season it is a massive success.

This group is unique for several reasons. Nelson is on loan and developing while contributing. The ones who are at the club, Nketiah, Willock, ESR, Amaechi and Saka have already outgrown youth level, and show signs they are physically ready. Saka has debuted in the Premiership at 17. There is something brewing with this lot and as much as Emery is under pressure, he is the right manager to give these guys a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Thierry Henry was very quick at analysing everything that was going on and how he needed to react. This intelligence, this capacity to evaluate, understand and question oneself, is also the mark of great players... For everyone, for the fans and for us, he symbolised the golden age of Arsenal.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom