• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aaron Ramsey: BianconAaron

Do You Consider Aaron Ramsey An Arsenal Legend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
full
400K A WEEEEK?

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

I still rate him as a top player, I’m disappointed to see him go simply because it seems Gazidis went and offered Özil a huge contract to make himself look good but left no money for Ramsey to renew.

Also decent players don’t get paid 400k a week by one of the biggest teams in the world.

In retrospect it should be Özil going and Ramsey staying because of how Emery is setting up and the neglect of Özil, however no one saw this coming really.

I just think while Ramsey has been decent this season had he signed a new contract a lot of people would be on his back for not performing amazing every game, plus I just don't think he fits that number 10 role that Unai wants and we'd be stuck with him.

I think withdrawing the contract was the correct decision, but we look like idiots not it's Ramsey starting over Özil.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
In retrospect it should be Özil going and Ramsey staying because of how Emery is setting up and the neglect of Özil, however no one saw this coming really.

I just think while Ramsey has been decent this season had he signed a new contract a lot of people would be on his back for not performing amazing every game, plus I just don't think he fits that number 10 role that Unai wants and we'd be stuck with him.

I think withdrawing the contract was the correct decision, but we look like idiots not it's Ramsey starting over Özil.

Won't surprise me if juve forum is in a similar situation a year or two down the line to us on here over Özil.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
From Ornstein’s article

Arsenal did present Ramsey with the offer of a new deal in September but it was turned down and the club were not prepared to meet his salary demands

A bit different to the “withdrew the offer” version of events?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I mean I don’t personally care if fans are digging him out. If Emery valued him that’d be all that mattered.

Fans are idiots as evidenced by the AMN and Iwobi abuse.

As for the number ten role I’m not sure Emery wants one long term, he hasn’t bothered playing Özil there when he is a number 10 through and through.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Good for him. Top professional, always given his 100% on the pitch, never moaned. Had basically no right to come back as well as he did from a horror injury. Won us trophies and scored some fantastic goals. Best of luck to him.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I mean I don’t personally care if fans are digging him out. If Emery valued him that’d be all that mattered.
I think Emery did in all fairness, he started every PL game as a #10 until the contract was rejected/rescinded. After that he was just a squad player.

This situation really should have been resolved last summer, either he signed a new deal at the start of pre-season or he was to be sold. John Cross said the club rejected a £50m bid from United for him, just horrible management of the situation all round.

blaze_of_glory

Fans are idiots as evidenced by the AMN and Iwobi abuse.

As for the number ten role I’m not sure Emery wants one long term, he hasn’t bothered playing Özil there when he is a number 10 through and through.
Its not clear at all what Emery wants tbh. We hear he wants Ramsey as a central player moving forward. Then we hear he doesn't want him because he's an 8 and Emery doesn't use an 8 and that's why he's played him as a 10. But then like you say we have a player much more suited to the 10 role who doesn't get used there, and we see rumours of us looking to sign a box to box player like Rabiot.

carter777

Thinks Poch Is The GOAT

Player:Saka
£400k a week :eek:. I knew Juve were well ahead of the curve in Italy generating money but that's crazy.

Last figures I saw had Juve's wage bill at 219m per year followed by Milan in second with 140m. Some gap.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
I for one fully back the club on this. 400k a week is insanity. I'm lost for words.

He wouldn't have gotten 400k a week here. He and his agent wouldn't even have asked for that amount. I'm willing to bet that 400k is before tax aswell.

His wage is only so high because he is a free agent. The boss said he thinks the game is going to see a lot more free transfers in the coming years and he might be right.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I think Emery did in all fairness, he started every PL game as a #10 until the contract was rejected/rescinded. After that he was just a squad player.

This situation really should have been resolved last summer, either he signed a new deal at the start of pre-season or he was to be sold. John Cross said the club rejected a £50m bid from United for him, just horrible management of the situation all round.

Yeah that’s exactly what I’m saying. Give a f*ck about some fans on his back, the manager’s the only one he should be trying to impress.

Emery clearly prefers him to Özil. Ivan’s f*cked us royally. Hope his hair grows back then falls out all over again.

Reactions: A_G
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsène Wenger's idea is not only to play good football. It's to play good football to win. In my day, we knew that with our style we could hurt teams and win trophies too. But we did it our way, with the positional game, passing, movement.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom