• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Looks like an apples to apples comparison to me.

On the off chance, someone at the board room level starts sniffing glue and offers Jenkinson a new contract him and his agent aren't going to demand 100k because Özil is getting 350k.

Players and their agents aren't stupid. No one is going to push out the boat during negotiations far above their value, unless they're looking to purposely sabotage the negotiations.
Except when the club does give in... Özil's contract negotiations are a perfect example of that.

Ramsey and Sanchez situations fit your argument scenario.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Take a wage cut, lmao. Baffling what some idiots can come up with.

We're in the middle of the season, and we have one goal; CL next season.

Do we have a better chance of getting there with Mesut playing a role? Absolutely no ****ing doubt. End of discussion.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Didn’t Ornstein say on arsecast that Emery has gained more influence now after Gazidis is gone? Iirc he mentioned something about Emery having more influence over transfer targets and the squad in general.
I thought it was Sven’s departure that gave him more influence over transfer targets?

I think a head coach like Emery only has so much power, just look at the Ramsey contract negotiations; it wa s those above him that pulled the plug on the deal. Whereas when Wenger was at the club, he had much greater sway over what happened (and rightfully so tbf).

carlito'sway

Established Member
Sorry for my lack of clarity, I was thinking out loud. Yes, I’m starting to think more and more that it isn’t Emery’s decision. He plays Mkhi, wanted Denis Suarez, they are not defensive worldbeaters and when it comes to offensive running Mesut beats them easily.

It is an easy excuse. Who else could ask Emery to sit Mesut? He said it more than once that it is a tactical decision, hence the decision is all on him.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

It is possible that both Emery and the board might be on the same page here. Emery doesn't see him in his long term plans and the board want him out because of his high wages.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵

Don't know how reliable that guy is, but I'd prefer this to be true tbh. Even if I don't like it, it's way better than the alternative.
From that article:
Emery, perhaps understandably, has reservations about Özil's commitment to the cause. In December, for example, knowing he'd not be named in the starting XI against Tottenham, Özil ruled himself unfit with a back spasm.

Having examined the German, Arsenal medical staff detected a minor back issue that ran down into the top of his hamstrings.

However there was a belief amongst coaching staff that Özil could have played without much discomfort, but cited the back issue knowing it gave him a genuine reason not to suffer the the ignominy of being a substitute during a north London derby.
it would confirm what people have suspected about him...

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Take a wage cut, lmao. Baffling what some idiots can come up with.

We're in the middle of the season, and we have one goal; CL next season.

Do we have a better chance of getting there with Mesut playing a role? Absolutely no ****ing doubt. End of discussion.
lol

Don't think anybody is denying that, just that he's not actually worth the money he's on. And you even know that.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Quite enjoying Mesut's subtle shots on social media. At least he's not directing them at his teammates like Alexis did on occasion during his last season here.
Me too. Things are getting interesting IMO especially looking at the comments from present players. If Özil starts getting the squad on his side, it could lead to Emery losing the dressing room which would be hugely problematic. I wouldn't rule that out.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
So Özil says he has a back issue, docs confirm it, and the coaches are pissed.

**** the coaches then tbh. They believed he could have played without much discomfort based on what exactly? Tarot cards? Jesus christ.

Most players have minor injuries and play through it. Would Mesut still have the same back issue if he was in the starting 11? I doubt it.

Let's be honest since Arsène's penultimate season Özil has taken lots of days off based on back injury and illness. I'm of the camp that believes most of it was bullshit.

Divided_Pie

That comment from Xhaka makes me wonder what the dressing room thinks of Özil's situation.

If fans are upset that Özil isn't in the team imagine what the guys, some of who are actually friendly with him think about all of this. Imagine being Aubameyang or Lacazette and looking behind you for someone to create something and Özil isn't there.
I wouldn't doubt that this is causing frustration and possibly had something to do with Lacazette's red card. Laca has also been treated poorly by the coach.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

So Özil says he has a back issue, docs confirm it, and the coaches are pissed.

**** the coaches then tbh. They believed he could have played without much discomfort based on what exactly? Tarot cards? Jesus christ.

This is it though . if it shows up on a ****ing scan...... I commented on the shortness of his stride against Burnley there was definitely something wrong .

Well at least we know Unai is the one that wants him out for sure . We also know he had input in the decision of Ramsey not warranting a new contract.

That's a lot more palatable than Raul and Co influencing team selection .
The fact that all three were there in Bate watching means they are concerned about where we are heading.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
What is the realistic payoff it will take for him to exit? Remember Adebayor taking City & then Sp**s to the cleaners on his way out but on a fraction of the wage + contract length.

350k a week until 2021 is an insane sum of money to be guaranteed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Don’t be scared to be ambitious. It’s not a humiliation to have a high target and to fail. For me, the real humiliation is to have a target and not to give everything to reach it.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Talks have progressed over a deal to take Ramsdale to Newcastle, in a potential £15m deal [Luke Edwards and Sam Dean - Telegraph]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom