• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Ozils role in the team has been in his own hands for his entire Arsenal career. He coasted for far too long un Wenger and I'm pleased Emery has put a stop to it. We all know the quality of the player and he needs to ask himself what he wants at this point in his career. He needs to stand up and be counted or move on.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Ozils role in the team has been in his own hands for his entire Arsenal career. He coasted for far too long un Wenger and I'm pleased Emery has put a stop to it. We all know the quality of the player and he needs to ask himself what he wants at this point in his career. He needs to stand up and be counted or move on.

A load of bollocks when you look at his numbers under Wenger, most distance covered in the team, topping assist rankings etc.

Clearly here, Emery can’t handle a player who is maybe a little non tradition or of a unique mould.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Look at the overall picture, he’s been here 3/4 years, won 3 trophies in the mean time, top assister in one of those seasons, top 5 in the other, covered amongst the most distance under Wenger etc.

Don’t forget he played with Giroud for the bulk of his career here. His record here is very good.

350K was a mistake, but thats not on him.

MustOezil

Genuine question but why do you think that Özil has been coasting? And what did Emery put a stop to? If anything Unai is ****ing up our season by not being able to manage Özil properly.

I feel like people don't understand what he brings to the team and expect him to be like Messi each time he plays. He is still head and shoulder above the rest of our midfielders, and should start week in week out.

The real **** up here is that Gazidis and Wenger gave him Messi level money.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
They're using the fantasy football method of calculating assists. In 13/14, he hit a free kick that was saved by the keeper but the rebound was put in by Ramsey and they gave him an assist for that. In 16/17, his free kick into the box ended up with an own goal from Kevin Wimmer and he was given an assist for that as well. Discount those two assists and Orbinho's tweet is accurate.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Let’s talk about what guys like Iwobi and Mikhi are offering while Özil is sittting on the bench for the last 5 months. Not much.
That's something which I have been asking for a long time. No one seems to have an answer.
Is Özil being overpaid? Yes. I accept.
Should he be sold if he doesn't fit Emery's plans? Yes.

But what is the point of dropping him from the team entirely when all the replacements are not even half as good?
It is bad for our football as we are lacking creativity without him.
It is bad for our business as we are lowering his value by doing this.
What exactly are we gaining from this?

GDeep™

League is very weak
That's something which I have been asking for a long time. No one seems to have an answer.
Is Özil being overpaid? Yes. I accept.
Should he be sold if he doesn't fit Emery's plans? Yes.

But what is the point of dropping him from the team entirely when all the replacements are not even half as good?
It is bad for our football as we are lacking creativity without him.
It is bad for our business as we are lowering his value by doing this.
What exactly are we gaining from this?

Now we’ve got a 26 year old Suarez who has never had a good season in his career.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
A load of bollocks when you look at his numbers under Wenger, most distance covered in the team, topping assist rankings etc.

Clearly here, Emery can’t handle a player who is maybe a little non tradition or of a unique mould.

On parole I assume!

You can see it how you like, all I see is a player who has been failing to give his all for too long. Take a look at his stats seeing as you are the one quoting them. They have declined every season since 15/16.

GDeep™

League is very weak
On parole I assume!

You can see it how you like, all I see is a player who has been failing to give his all for too long. Take a look at his stats seeing as you are the one quoting them. They have declined every season since 15/16.
He’s out of the team now so you have what you want. Enjoy watching Iwobi, Mikhi, and Suarez.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Based on reports, and seemingly confirmed by Emery's comments today, Özil has been making himself unavailable for training as well as matches he's going to start on the bench.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Genuine question but why do you think that Özil has been coasting? And what did Emery put a stop to? If anything Unai is ****ing up our season by not being able to manage Özil properly.

I feel like people don't understand what he brings to the team and expect him to be like Messi each time he plays. He is still head and shoulder above the rest of our midfielders, and should start week in week out.

The real **** up here is that Gazidis and Wenger gave him Messi level money.

How many times on here were many people calling for Özil to be dropped under Wenger? The fact that we ask is Özil giving enough suggests its an issue. His stats have declined since 15/16 every season. When he has played this season he's generally been poor for his standard, Fulham and Leicester were 2 great performances.

As for Emery fvcking up our season, that's your opionion, I would say our defence injuries are a bigger factor than Özil playing or not.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Based on reports, and seemingly confirmed by Emery's comments today, Özil has been making himself unavailable for training as well as matches he's going to start on the bench.
I doubt Özil will do this but if it's confirmed we have to sell as soon as possible that kind of attitude is unacceptable from professional player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

You weren’t world-class when Arsenal signed you

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom