• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Laca the Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
This will be controversial...

I don't rate Lacazette at all, and I think he's become a Giroud-esque cult hero for some fans, because of his "sauce". The numbers he puts up are average, so fans compare him to Firmino as he spends a lot of time dropping deep. The system allows for Firmino to play this was for Liverpool, as they have goal-scoring wide forwards. Lacazette for the most part is redundant in our system.

I don't even think Lacazette is that good at this. There are times when Lacazette will pull a good dribble out (such as against Palace), but this is once every few games or so. Other than that, it tends to be buying fouls, rather than moving the team up the pitch. When Lacazette does manage to play the ball off, he fails to keep up with play, and tends to be meandering outside the box while the ball is delivered. Furthermore, for all his clear technical skill, it takes Lacazette an age to make a decision. Aubameyang misses chances, but Lacazette fails to get a shot off time and time again, as he always wants to take a touch in the box.

Without a doubt, Lacazette is a hard worker and has undoubted technical ability which has endeared him to fans, but I argue that this does not translate into most matches. Lacazette has no one elite attribute that strikes fears into opposition CBs.

Personally, I'm staggered by the amount of people who would rather sell joint top scorer Aubameyang in the summer, over 13 goals a season Lacazette. Aubameyang can be frustrating, but for my starting striker, I would 100% prefer a player who is wasteful but scores A LOT of goals, than someone who struggles to find shooting opportunities, especially with our wing options as they stand.

(Expecting fire for this...)

Some on here were calling Lacazette world class a few weeks back. Laughable.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant

I don't rate Lacazette at all, and I think he's become a Giroud-esque cult hero for some fans, because of his "sauce". The numbers he puts up are average, so fans compare him to Firmino as he spends a lot of time dropping deep. The system allows for Firmino to play this was for Liverpool, as they have goal-scoring wide forwards. Lacazette for the most part is redundant in our system.

I don't even think Lacazette is that good at this. There are times when Lacazette will pull a good dribble out (such as against Palace), but this is once every few games or so. Other than that, it tends to be buying fouls, rather than moving the team up the pitch. When Lacazette does manage to play the ball off, he fails to keep up with play, and tends to be meandering outside the box while the ball is delivered. Furthermore, for all his clear technical skill, it takes Lacazette an age to make a decision. Aubameyang misses chances, but Lacazette fails to get a shot off time and time again, as he always wants to take a touch in the box.

Without a doubt, Lacazette is a hard worker and has undoubted technical ability which has endeared him to fans, but I argue that this does not translate into most matches. Lacazette has no one elite attribute that strikes fears into opposition CBs.

Personally, I'm staggered by the amount of people who would rather sell joint top scorer Aubameyang in the summer, over 13 goals a season Lacazette. Aubameyang can be frustrating, but for my starting striker, I would 100% prefer a player who is wasteful but scores A LOT of goals, than someone who struggles to find shooting opportunities, especially with our wing options as they stand.

Firmino?
People really think Lacazette has the skills of a Brazilian? Can dribble through 2-3 defenders, play good combination and pick the perfect through pass?

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares

I've been saying Lacazette is trash and a flop for months, a waste of 50 million. I'm glad more and more people are seeing it now. You pretty much laid it all out for us now, even the point about Auba.

I even said your point about people rating him because of his 'drip', his sharp haircuts and the way he dances. It's all very homoerotic and has nothing to do with football, shows us how shallow young men have become. People hate Auba because he's not attractive and has a terrible haircut.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Lacazette been disappointing recently.

Our whole attack is stagnant so had to draw conclusions.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I've been saying Lacazette is trash and a flop for months, a waste of 50 million. I'm glad more and more people are seeing it now. You pretty much laid it all out for us now, even the point about Auba.

I even said your point about people rating him because of his 'drip', his sharp haircuts and the way he dances. It's all very homoerotic and has nothing to do with football, shows us how shallow young men have become. People hate Auba because he's not attractive and has a terrible haircut.

You keep mentioning homoerotic and yet you've got an avatar of a semi-naked oiled up muscular chap in spandex.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
That's Scott Steiner, the genetic freak. He's probably banged more girls than you've had hot dinners kid.

I know who he is. He's a preening, roided up wrestler. No suprise a simpleton like yourself could be so enamored by that ****e and the people who do it.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I know who he is. He's a preening, roided up wrestler. No suprise a simpleton like yourself could be so enamored by that ****e and the people who do it.

If you want we can have a 1 on 1 anytime any place. I may be simpleton but I got hands.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

I said a few months ago he could be sold in the summer and many on here thought I was nuts. I think he's over rated by his fans, yes he's had some good moments but I think his bad moments outweigh his good. As a front 2 he would be better but as a loan striker he's poor. Pace is vital for a CF, Auba has it, Laca doesn't. Replace him with a pacey striker or winger and we would be in a better position.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I said a few months ago he could be sold in the summer and many on here thought I was nuts. I think he's over rated by his fans, yes he's had some good moments but I think his bad moments outweigh his good. As a front 2 he would be better but as a loan striker he's poor. Pace is vital for a CF, Auba has it, Laca doesn't. Replace him with a pacey striker or winger and we would be in a better position.
We’re not selling Laca when there are 20 worse players than him.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
We’re not selling Laca when there are 20 worse players than him.

But most of those don't have any value. Why keep a player who is worth £40m+ when he's not doing what we bought him for. We change our system to suit him or we bring someone in who suits us better.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
But most of those don't have any value. Why keep a player who is worth £40m+ when he's not doing what we bought him for. We change our system to suit him or we bring someone in who suits us better.
Yeah, Laca could fetch us a tidy sum, that's the thing.

With no Kroenke money we have to sell the odd big name to push on.

GDeep™

League is very weak
He’s chipping in with goals and crucial goals at times. I see what you’re saying though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm prepared to be committed to the club at least until we go into the new stadium. For me, it’s important that the club goes in there and that I make sure the team are at a very good level. After that, whether it’s me or someone else, the club will be able to compete at the highest level. But for me to run away now would not be fair.

Arsène Wenger after extending his contract on 2004
Top Bottom