• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Laca the Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
We had fans laugh at the idea of signing him but what was it, £20m release clause? We ending up forking out £100m+ on two strikers when we would likely get the same numbers from vardy.
Think it was 30M. He’s better than Auba and Laca for me. Definitely better than Laca.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Players from lower PL teams are not the problem. Local players from lower PL teams are the problem.

tenor.gif

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Think it was 30M. He’s better than Auba and Laca for me. Definitely better than Laca.

I think most fans would go with vardy if you could offer to go back three years and convince him to sign. I like Laca and even though I'm not fond of Auba all round game it's hard not to like his ability to stick the ball in the back of net, but value for money it's hard to side in their favour.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Thing is Vardy is genuinely fast as ****. Auba's too meek to use his pace properly.
How useful would that be against teams that defend deep and don’t give him space to run into though?

For me, the strikers at club don’t get enough service and have done well to score as many as they have. The inconsistency of Özil, Iwobi and Miki must be maddening for anyone playing in front of them.

GDeep™

League is very weak
How useful would that be against teams that defend deep and don’t give him space to run into though?

For me, the strikers at club don’t get enough service and have done well to score as many as they have. The inconsistency of Özil, Iwobi and Miki must be maddening for anyone playing in front of them.
I would agree with you if it wasn’t for both strikers missing a **** load of chances from the very first game of the season. Auba has missed when it’s easier to score.

Reactions: A_G

Oh_Snap

Wasn't it like that all of Aubas 9 Shots at the start of the season went into goal or something like that?

Giroud12

Hilarious that while we debate whether or not Laca, Auba and Nketiah are good enough options for a club like us with no money to spend, Sp**s send on Janssen :lol:

Reactions: A_G

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I go over the top with the Lacazette hate I know it's mostly not serious. He's a great striker I just don't think he's what we need and cost us way too much for his output.

avalonhse

I go over the top with the Lacazette hate I know it's mostly not serious. He's a great striker I just don't think he's what we need and cost us way too much for his output.

Many of us should learn a course of economics. What we paid for something is called sunk cost, something you should forget for future decision.

Keep lamenting about over-spending in one player gives you nothing but disappointment. Whatever he plays, you will always say he is not good enough for the money.

But the real question is how important he is to the team? Does he contribute something or a liability? Even if we buy a new one, it does not means he should go.

Instead, think about Morata and Lukaku output, you have a new view that our spending on him is not bad. Or even Coutinho.

In my opinion, Laca is not a liability as Özil and Mustafi. There is a question that we can buy a better player. So keep him.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Many of us should learn a course of economics. What we paid for something is called sunk cost, something you should forget for future decision.

Keep lamenting about over-spending in one player gives you nothing but disappointment. Whatever he plays, you will always say he is not good enough for the money.

But the real question is how important he is to the team? Does he contribute something or a liability? Even if we buy a new one, it does not means he should go.

Instead, think about Morata and Lukaku output, you have a new view that our spending on him is not bad. Or even Coutinho.

In my opinion, Laca is not a liability as Özil and Mustafi. There is a question that we can buy a better player. So keep him.
A sunk cost is a cost that has already been incurred and cannot be recovered. But surely, if you just sell the player to recover some of its investments, it’s not a sunk cost.

All I know is to buy low and sell high.
Laca is approaching his 30, his market value is foreseeable and it will be on the decline.

And also, he is overrated, his market value is higher than its fundamental/intrinsic value (his actual ability). His performance will drive his market value down back to its fundamental mean.

Given that we have already bought him with a high fee, we should stop our loss, as we know that he will be valued less in the future.

And consider the opportunity cost that we can have a more technical striker with crazy flicks and skills, I will sell him with no hesitation.

Last edited:

ThlRama

Player:Saka
Um, but guys, no team ever got Vardy for 30m and whatnot. Look at all the other strikers in the PL, Lukaku cost more than both Auba and Laca and is undoubtedly worse than both all things considered, Gabriel Jesus, although much cheaper and younger, is currently seriously worse than either too, Aguero is one of the best of his generation and was bought 400 years ago in a very different environment, Firmino cost a ton and if he ever looks better it's mainly because he plays as part of an attack with much more quality and balance, Chelsea's strikers are all a joke, Sp**s have Kane, who is value at somewhere between 100-150m, and Son who might be a bargain but I wouldn't take over Auba or Laca with much confidence just yet...

Where all all those incredible, cheap strikers that we could've bought instead? Strikers are valued at stupid prices for a very long time now, and during this football era barely any of them are as good as strikers used to be. You see names like Suarez, Cavani, Mandzukic etc exploding and then ending up being out of form for a good season or two. To be honest it's a joke we're even having this discussion, our strikeforce is amazing, period.

OSBK

Established Member
Vardy talk is crazy. The guy would flop here, under wenger he wouldve been shifted onto the wing. Vardy does a great job at his club as they play to his strength, he does 1 thing amazingly well and is mediocre everywhere else. At arsenal his runs wouldnt be seen by any of the players, laca and auba makes those runs all game and get ignored.

Im backing laca to come good. His all round play is much better than i thought, he has a good amount of flair and the goals will come.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
A sunk cost is a cost that has already been incurred and cannot be recovered. But surely, if you just sell the player to recover some of its investments, it’s not a sunk cost.

Laca is approaching his 30, his market value is foreseeable and it will be on the decline.

And also, he is overrated, his market value is higher than its fundamental/intrinsic value (his actual ability). His performance will drive his market value down back to its fundamental mean.

Given that we have already bought him with a high fee, we should stop our loss, as we know that he will be valued less in the future.

And consider the opportunity cost that we can have a more technical striker with crazy flicks and skills, I will sell him with no hesitation.
Lol. Laca's age is 27. The next few years are normally the peak for any striker. How can you consider him approaching 30? And what technical striker with better ability do you think we can buy with the budget?

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐

@arsenalforlife14 is that you?

avalonhse

Sir, certainly you never got an A in an economic class. I recommend you take a text book and read it again.

The 50M we paid for Laca is done, whatever we do now can not recover it. To know whether we should sell Laca, we need to compare these two things:
1. Costs and benefits (opportunities cost) if we keep Laca
2. Costs and benefits (opportunities cost) if we sell Laca

And that's it. Whether we bought Laca for 20M or 100M will not affect anything on those 2 opportunities costs and you should make your decision solely on those 2 costs alone.

PS: saying "consider the opportunity cost that we can have a more technical striker with crazy flicks and skills" is an illusion. A player better than Laca should be in over 100M basket (same technical level as Dembele or Coutinho), because it is highly likely that you paid 70M to get Lukaku or Morata.

Reality is not Football Manager where you can take a look at a person's attributes such as pace, dribbling, potential, etc... Stop saying "All I know is to buy low and sell high." like you can do it for real.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Robert Pirès was a fabulous player, world-class, and for a few years, before his injury, he was unquestionably the best left-midfielder in the world by far. He had incredible technique, he was smart, a finisher. He was a killer with a smile, the gentlest man in the world who suddenly drive the ball exactly where it was needed.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom