• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette (Out)

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I'll give you Bradley Beal, Al Horford and Eric Gordon for Kevin Durant. :lol:

My favorite is when they throw in a guy they picked up off the waiver wire that would require me to drop a player who is better than that guy. :p
that offer is actually quiet good considering ones I get :) that tells you all
wish there was a way to see all those I rejected.

my favorite is when a guy asks me to include a player into the trade who I got with last picks or from waiver wire, telling me he won't stay that good...
Like this year, his Gobert for my Capela AND Siakam. Even though I publicly told the league Siakam is a beast and probably my keeper right after I picked him up.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Geeez.. The mentality of this forum.

When it comes to mediocre players, for some reason, people want to hold on to him, give more chances, build team around him.

A player wins the player of the season award and we want to sell him at the first chance? Before spewing bullshit like this, remember how desperate we were for a striker when RVP left. It took so many years for us to get a good central striker.

In what way does it make business sense to sell him for 50M? He is worth more than that. He is 27 and Auba is 29. How long will Auba have his pace and fitness after which we have to go finding a new striker again? People want Nketiah to be the second striker without even seeing him play at this level?

First we should try to sell some mediocre dross like Mustafi, Xhaka, Welbeck for some decent money without letting them run their contracts. Any big player sale should be either because the player wants to leave or we are getting coutinho kind of money. All we need to do is to not letting players run down their contracts. This is something which even championship teams do properly. But for some reason, a big club like us totally screws up. Imagine how much money we could have made by selling Ramsey if we had negotiated/sold one year earlier.

Instead of fixing our stupid player management, you want us to sell our player of the season? **** off.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Geeez.. The mentality of this forum.

When it comes to mediocre players, for some reason, people want to hold on to him, give more chances, build team around him.

A player wins the player of the season award and we want to sell him at the first chance? Before spewing bullshit like this, remember how desperate we were for a striker when RVP left. It took so many years for us to get a good central striker.

In what way does it make business sense to sell him for 50M? He is worth more than that. He is 27 and Auba is 29. How long will Auba have his pace and fitness after which we have to go finding a new striker again? People want Nketiah to be the second striker without even seeing him play at this level?

First we should try to sell some mediocre dross like Mustafi, Xhaka, Welbeck for some decent money without letting them run their contracts. Any big player sale should be either because the player wants to leave or we are getting coutinho kind of money. All we need to do is to not letting players run down their contracts. This is something which even championship teams do properly. But for some reason, a big club like us totally screws up. Imagine how much money we could have made by selling Ramsey if we had negotiated/sold one year earlier.

Instead of fixing our stupid player management, you want us to sell our player of the season? **** off.

I do agree with you, squad building should be about improving from the worst players up.

The problem is we get a measly transfer budget most summers, it's never enough to fix all our issues so I get why people start thinking creatively and look at any player that is worth some cash to add to the transfer budget.

If we had £100 m guaranteed transfer budget + sales of peripheral players this summer I doubt as many people would be considering the option of selling Laca.

I don't buy the stories that we will have a £40 m transfer budget but I wouldn't have believed we would have only signed Cech in 2015 when we were on the brink of having a squad capable of challenging for the title. We've all been burnt too many times, I think it makes the fan base a bit crazy.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
I do agree with you, squad building should be about improving from the worst players up.

The problem is we get a measly transfer budget most summers, it's never enough to fix all our issues so I get why people start thinking creatively and look at any player that is worth some cash to add to the transfer budget.

If we had £100 m guaranteed transfer budget + sales of peripheral players this summer I doubt as many people would be considering the option of selling Laca.

I don't buy the stories that we will have a £40 m transfer budget but I wouldn't have believed we would have only signed Cech in 2015 when we were on the brink of having a squad capable of challenging for the title. We've all been burnt too many times, I think it makes the fan base a bit crazy.
I understand that people think we could invest the money in improving defense/midfield. But I don't think people understand what they are losing.

I see some guys justifying his sale stating his goal numbers. If you put the assists count together, they are very good.

But the most important factor in those numbers is that majority of these goals have been equilisers/winners. He has helped us break down tight defense and score the winners. He has helped us turn around the games where we were behind.

Before him, the mentality of our team after going a goal down was wretched. I could see the entire team loitering around with dropped shoulders as though they have already given up. Laca's fighting spirit was a breath of fresh air. Just imagine our team being a goal down and it doesn't have Laca in it. Can you identify a single person who fights back the way he does, do the dirty work and break the defense which has most probably parked the bus after winning a lead?

Yes. It may look tasty to sell him and build a better defense/midfield. But we will just fix one problem by creating a new problem. Our attack will go to ****.

say yes

forum master baiter
I understand that people think we could invest the money in improving defense/midfield. But I don't think people understand what they are losing.

I see some guys justifying his sale stating his goal numbers. If you put the assists count together, they are very good.

But the most important factor in those numbers is that majority of these goals have been equilisers/winners. He has helped us break down tight defense and score the winners. He has helped us turn around the games where we were behind.

Before him, the mentality of our team after going a goal down was wretched. I could see the entire team loitering around with dropped shoulders as though they have already given up. Laca's fighting spirit was a breath of fresh air. Just imagine our team being a goal down and it doesn't have Laca in it. Can you identify a single person who fights back the way he does, do the dirty work and break the defense which has most probably parked the bus after winning a lead?

Yes. It may look tasty to sell him and build a better defense/midfield. But we will just fix one problem by creating a new problem. Our attack will go to ****.

Yeah focusing purely on Laca’s goal numbers is disingenuous. He’s played second fiddle to Aubameyang for most of the season.

He can definitely do better but 30 goals+assists is a very good season considering how dysfunctional we’ve been at times. Does it against the better teams too.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
If we sell one of the strikers I doubt its much to do with individual quality but either...

- Emery does not plan to start games with two strikers next season.
- The club does not want so much money tied up in a 27 & 29 year old in the same position.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Getting both Umtiti and Gomes in exchange for a striker who isn't exactly the most prolific would be superb business. Then go out and sign Moussa Dembele from Lyon and a winger too.
Interesting stuff, you would swap our main striker for a defender that can't play more than 20 games because of the injuries and for a bang average midfielder like Gomes while we already have enough midfielders who are better than him? Then you would go out and sign Dembele when you already know that for the same position we have a 60m striker in Auba? So that's 50m spent on Dembele and 3 new 150k/w contracts without any improvement of our squad!

One needs to leave logic and common sense behind him before he logs in here and read this stuff.

Last edited:

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
If we sell one of the strikers I doubt its much to do with individual quality but either...

- Emery does not plan to start games with two strikers next season.
- The club does not want so much money tied up in a 27 & 29 year old in the same position.

The club would also be thinking if they get rid of Lacazette they’ll need to replace him and then replace Aubameyang who’ll be 32 at the end of his contract. It makes no sense to sell him. If anyone should be sold it should be Aubameyang considering his value is only going one way from this point. That being said we don’t need to sell either of them.

The only way Lacazette leaves is if he wants to.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The club would also be thinking if they get rid of Lacazette they’ll need to replace him and then replace Aubameyang who’ll be 32 at the end of his contract. It makes no sense to sell him. If anyone should be sold it should be Aubameyang considering his value is only going one way from this point. That being said we don’t need to sell either of them.

The only way Lacazette leaves is if he wants to.

The only way I would let Lacazette leave is a straight swap for Dembele. No way do they give us their cast offs for our top striker.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Tell these bastards to **** OFF!! Cesc was the last player they'll ever get WILLINGLY from us.

Laca is here for the long term. They're welcome to Mustafi in any case.
I know what you mean, but this is Arsenal, a 3rd tier club compared to Barcelona, if any of our players want to leave for them, then we’ll willingly sell.

You seem to think you support a super club or a club with strong management etc.

Last edited:

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

I know what you mean, but this is Arsenal, a 3rd tier club compared to Barcelona, if any of our players want to leave for them, then we’ll willingly sell.

You seem to think you support a super club or a club with strong management etc.

No chance of that:lol:

I'm just disillusioned, mate. We've been out in the wilderness for a while and now when we might actually seem, God willing, to appear to get back into the CL and shift our deadwood, we're being cherry picked by those insufferable bastards.

If he wants to leave to Barca, fair play, I'm always against keeping wantaway players just to prove a point. However, with him I feel he's happy & settled here.

We'll know more as the weeks go by but for now, Brighton lay in front of us.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐

If he wants to leave, just like Coutinho did, then fine okay give us £90-100m otherwise **** off. Why would we only make a tiny profit on a striker who has had a great season here approaching his peak? The market is crazy now that would be poor business on our part

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
We already need 2 wingers and I doubt we’ll even get them so the idea of needing to cover 3 positions in our front line isn’t something we need right now.

Unless Barca come with like 150m and we’re guaranteed to spend that on top of the money we’ll have we shouldn’t sell Lacazette.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
If he wants to leave, just like Coutinho did, then fine okay give us £90-100m otherwise **** off. Why would we only make a tiny profit on a striker who has had a great season here approaching his peak? The market is crazy now that would be poor business on our part

Which great season? He's scored 18 goals, 4-5 away, which is Giroud territory.

He's a good player, but if we can use the money we'd get wisely, we should do it.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If you want to compete it's important to have good starting 11 and depth instead of selling him we should be looking to buy good players as him

Furious

If you want to compete it's important to have good starting 11 and depth instead of selling him we should be looking to buy good players as him

Laca is decent, but easily replaceable. We still have Auba, who could play striker every game instead of being thrown on the wings, where his poor football abilities get exposed.

We've sold Barca many turkeys over the years, if they're dumb enough to pay beyond 70M for a player of Laca's ability, let's sell them another.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Laca is decent, but easily replaceable. We still have Auba, who could play striker every game instead of being thrown on the wings, where his poor football abilities get exposed.

We've sold Barca many turkeys over the years, if they're dumb enough to pay beyond 70M for a player of Laca's ability, let's sell them another.
If we got good fee like 60-70M I'll consider to sell but no way barca giving us this

Furious

If we got good fee like 60-70M I'll consider to sell but no way barca giving us this

That was the quoted price.

People are whining about the poor balance in the squad, but aren't willing to sacrifice.

Ideally we'd sell Auba given his age, but he's simply a superior goalscorer, and will probably continue to bomb for ages to come.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Yeah focusing purely on Laca’s goal numbers is disingenuous. He’s played second fiddle to Aubameyang for most of the season.

He can definitely do better but 30 goals+assists is a very good season considering how dysfunctional we’ve been at times. Does it against the better teams too.
True. What Laca brings to the team is unique. Without him, I could see our attack becoming too one dimensional and hence easier to defend against.

Arsenal Quotes

If he sent an apology it must have been by horse

Arsène Wenger on apology from Ferguson

Latest posts

Top Bottom