• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette (Out)

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Lacazette needs to go for crazy money, that we can get access to almost immediately.

85 million plus is what should be quoted. High enough to put them off if not serious enough, high enough for us to use for reinvestment.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Ideally we'd sell Auba given his age, but he's simply a superior goalscorer, and will probably continue to bomb for ages to come.
Superior goalscorer is only good for you when you have players around him who can create 4 clear cut chances for him per game. We have nothing like that so Laca is easily the better option than Auba in our situation.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Superior goalscorer is only good for you when you have players around him who can create 4 clear cut chances for him per game. We have nothing like that so Laca is easily the better option than Auba in our situation.

No ****, Sherlock. You're in the Laca(Out) thread, the idea by selling him is to get a couple of wingers in to flank Auba.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
No ****, Sherlock. You're in the Laca(Out) thread, the idea by selling him is to get a couple of wingers in to flank Auba.
And you are Emery's best friend who knows what would be the idea behind this? Maybe the idea is to buy 2 expensive CB's?

Malky

Established Member
That was the quoted price.

People are whining about the poor balance in the squad, but aren't willing to sacrifice.

Ideally we'd sell Auba given his age, but he's simply a superior goalscorer, and will probably continue to bomb for ages to come.
Glad someone brought it up.
We're being quoted as having around £70-100M to spend this summer while needing a massive squad overhaul. When we've got such a small transfer kitty we can't afford luxuries like 2 quality CF's, especially when the majority of the time we're playing with only one CF, and we're badly needing a CB, CM, LB, and one or two wingers. If selling Laca for an inflated fee helps strengthen the positions we're needing, then so be it.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Anyone also feel like Lacazette is building towards a top season, he's had a good season this year, it may just be his level but I somewhat get a feeling he is still not at the top of his game, he doesn't always seem sure or confident in himself which I think is not helped by Aubameyang, great relationship yes but until recently he always had Auba on his back waiting to take his spot.

This year I think Lacazette has done enough to warrant his place and his confidence is growing. I'm hoping season 3 for Laca is one where he knows he is the man and hits 25+

If this Barca interest IS serious then the club need to make sure the deal is right, the figure needs to be over 70mil with at least a high percentage of that being upfront. Barca are known for their installment plans and we cant be accepting that when we have a rebuild on our hands!

Have they finished paying for Overmars yet.. :lol:

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Which great season? He's scored 18 goals, 4-5 away, which is Giroud territory.

He's a good player, but if we can use the money we'd get wisely, we should do it.
:lol::lol::lol: Okay man whatever you say, yeh he's in Giroud territory

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
17 last season, 18 so far this season.

Giroud had 17, 22, 19, 24, and 16.

How is it not Giroud territory.
If you're just going to talk about his goals scored without discussing how many important goals he scored, as well as disregarding the fact he's our top assister this season, then I'm not bothered to even discuss the matter with you.

He's mainly been utilised as a support striker and has played a great role there... yeh our POTS has had a 'giroud season'. Unless you're saying you're fed up of playing two strikers your point is invalid.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Worth remembering Giroud played in front of Cazorla, Alexis, prime Özil, Wilshere and Ramsey. Lacazette had to try and settle into English football in a dysfunctional team in his first season. Then in his second season he had to deal with service from inconsistent players like Iwobi and Mkhi.

Lacazette should be getting more goals of course but there’s context missing from that comparison.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
If you're just going to talk about his goals scored without discussing how many important goals he scored, as well as disregarding the fact he's our top assister this season, then I'm not bothered to even discuss the matter with you.

He's mainly been utilised as a support striker and has played a great role there... yeh our POTS has had a 'giroud season'. Unless you're saying you're fed up of playing two strikers your point is invalid.
True that. If we sell him, our goals will dry up. I don't understand how people comfortably disregard assists and the situations in which he scored. Another reason why his goal count is less is because he tracks back to help our ****ty midfield to win the ball back and defend when we are in lead. Auba has greatly benefitted by the defensive shift Laca put there.
Anyone who claims his season was mediocre either didn't watch the matches and writing here just by looking at scoreboard or they are just downright biased.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On

Giroud did similar, scored many important goals. Plenty of assists as well. I hated him, and I love Laca but he hasn't been that much better.

The only reason Laca is POTY is because he's been the best among an average bunch.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Lacazette and Auba are Giroud territory players.

Couldn’t lay a finger on RvP.

Van Persie had one season out of eight at Arsenal in which he scored more goals than Aubameyang has scored this year. Lacazette has scored more Premier League goals in each of his first two season than Van Persie did in any season but his last two. And Van Persie had a better team around him. RvP had one great season at Arsenal. Well, maybe one and a half. The rest of his time he underachieved.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Van Persie had one season out of eight at Arsenal in which he scored more goals than Aubameyang has scored this year. Lacazette has scored more Premier League goals in each of his first two season than Van Persie did in any season but his last two. And Van Persie had a better team around him. RvP had one great season at Arsenal. Well, maybe one and a half. The rest of his time he underachieved.
He was injured, but the talent was phenomenal, on par with Bergkamp. He also had more good patches than you say.

These guys just ain’t on his level.

Arsenal Quotes

It works. I am just waiting until everyone has copied it, then I shall come up with something new.

Herbert Chapman on the famous WM formation
Top Bottom