• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette (Out)

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Van Persie had one season out of eight at Arsenal in which he scored more goals than Aubameyang has scored this year. Lacazette has scored more Premier League goals in each of his first two season than Van Persie did in any season but his last two. And Van Persie had a better team around him. RvP had one great season at Arsenal. Well, maybe one and a half. The rest of his time he underachieved.

Due to injuries yeah but his goals to game ratio was always ridiculous.

In 2010/11 he was scary when he was actually fit. We all knew him going ham in 11/12 was going to happen.

That team in 11/12 was banter of the highest order. Benayoun and Gervinho were two of our main contributors ffs.

Our main source of creativity was Alex Song chipping through balls in. He carried the corpse of a Utd team to a title as well.

Edit: In fact look at his years with injuries. Even madder.

2006/07: 11 in 22
2007/08: 7 in 15
2008/09: 11 in 28
2009/10: 9 in 16
2010/11: 18 in 25:eek:
2011/12: 30 in 38

Last edited:

Lacazette movement in the box is probably my main criticism of him. He just isn't horny enough. Blaming everyone else in the team, that the team is bad and Laca is god who lacks service is not a convincing argument for me. He should be doing more!

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
The more I think about it the more I believe we need Lacazette to stay, I agree his numbers could be better and sometimes he misses chances etc BUT look how we are as a club, its full of shirkers, players who don't want to fight or take responsibility.

Lacazette at least puts up a fight and you can tell he is at least trying to make things happen as a minimum, we are in a strange rebuild where we are left with a horrible rot in the club and players who don't dig deep or look like they really care, especially with Ramsey leaving and after today's performance I'd prefer 11 Lacazette's over fancier types of players until we get it right and then improve from there, I think we are really going to need his presence and example next season.

I can now see why Barca may be interested, Laca and Suarez are somewhat similar in how they work for the team and don't give up.

Actually feel sorry for Laca that the effort he puts in isn't exactly returned from some of the s*** we have out there.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Giroud did similar, scored many important goals. Plenty of assists as well. I hated him, and I love Laca but he hasn't been that much better.

The only reason Laca is POTY is because he's been the best among an average bunch.
We're losing Ramsey, our POTS last year. Im not gonna lie he wasnt even that amazing, but again he was the best of a bad bunch because he gave 100% and now we're realising how much we are going to miss him.

And now apparently Laca is a player we can afford to lose him too? Yeh lets get rid of the most impactful player in our squad this season and have another headache going into the summer

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Lacazette and Auba are Giroud territory players.

Couldn’t lay a finger on RvP.
Yes because apparently Giroud is just a tier below RvP :lol: cmon get back to reality.

There's a couple classes between Giroud and Rvp. Lacazette is clearly somehwere in between that. What is this 0 to 100 ****

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

In 2010/11 he was scary when he was actually fit. We all knew him going ham in 11/12 was going to happen.

That team in 11/12 was banter of the highest order. Benayoun and Gervinho were two of our main contributors ffs.

Our main source of creativity was Alex Song chipping through balls in. He carried the corpse of a Utd team to a title as well.

Well, there's the thing. You can have all the talent in the world, but if you can't stay on the pitch it limits your value. Nobody said he didn't have talent. But look what happened after he skipped town for United. One great season, then he pretty much fell off the map and he ended up playing in Turkey at 31.

By the way, Aubameyang has a good bit better career goals per game ratio than Van Persie.

Last edited:

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Klaas-Jan Huntelaar might argue with you since he has 75 more goals than Van Persie. Had a brace in the Dutch Cup final just today.

Huntelaar might've a rock-solid striker who had the benefit of rarely missing out due to injury, but with RvP, a jerk or not, we are talking about a player who was the best 9 in the world at his prime.

You'd ever consider Huntelaar to being even close to that ? :lol:

Malky

Established Member

Anyone trying to make a case for Auba and Laca against RVP need a reality check, RVP was a different level of striker. One of the most complete CF's we've ever had. Looking at those numbers it's scary to think what could of been if it wasn't for the injuries. :(

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Well, there's the thing. You can have all the talent in the world, but if you can't stay on the pitch it limits your value. Nobody said he didn't have talent. But look what happened after he skipped town for United. One great season, then he pretty much fell off the map and he ended up playing in Turkey at 31.

By the way, Aubameyang has a good bit better career goals per game ratio than Van Persie.

He scored 12 in 21 the year after and then had an excellent World Cup. I’ve argued this exact point with you before and if a goal every two game ratio is going off a cliff that’s mad.

That goals to game stat is also misrepresenting statistics massively, let’s not forget that Van Persie has played a full career with his post peak years added to that total and that Wenger said for years that van Persie’s best position wasn’t even a number 9. He often figured out wide or as a support striker.

Giroud12

Selling on of our few actual quality players? Sounds like a great idea :lol:

Maybe Stan needs some fresh capital for one of his American sport teams?

Also the fee quoted is frankly ridicolous. In a world where Morata and Lukaku go for 70-80 mill, Laca is easily worth 100.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Huntelaar might've a rock-solid striker who had the benefit of rarely missing out due to injury, but with RvP, a jerk or not, we are talking about a player who was the best 9 in the world at his prime.

You'd ever consider Huntelaar to being even close to that ? :lol:

Huntelaar stayed on the pitch to score goals. Van Persie did not. Besides, I did not compare the two. I said that Van Persie wasn't the last great Dutch striker.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Dont remember vs which team but but there was a gif where a ball was like 100ft in the air falling down and RVP with one touch perfectly controlled it and did a 180 spin simultaniously. Couldnt stop watching that gif man. Pure perfection.

Anyone know when this moment was? Would Love to see it again

Last edited:

Arsenal Quotes

When I am asked why I stayed at Arsenal so long.. my answer is simple; I never wanted to be anywhere else. I could have earned a lot more elsewhere, but that wouldn't compensate for all the good years at Highbury.

David O'Leary
Top Bottom